Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 11:32 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times

Advertisements

I simply can't believe that any judge would consider trump's action a violation of "Freedom Of The Press". IMO, no individual has a First Amendment right to enter the White House at all, much less a Presidential Press Conference.
The White House staff grants Press Credentials to accredited members of News Organizations. The Staff and/or the President should (and does, IMO) have the right to revoke those credentials at any time for any reason, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 11:42 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I simply can't believe that any judge would consider trump's action a violation of "Freedom Of The Press". IMO, no individual has a First Amendment right to enter the White House at all, much less a Presidential Press Conference.
The White House staff grants Press Credentials to accredited members of News Organizations. The Staff and/or the President should (and does, IMO) have the right to revoke those credentials at any time for any reason, period.
I, and my entire company, were banned from a Government Laboratory Compound for my not responding to a Government employee screaming at me.

Bad judges believe that you have a duty to respond.

The judge in my case believes that you have a duty to scream back.

You're supposed to fight scream with scream.

Megyn Kelly failed to scream back.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:43 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Acosta asked a question trump didnt like and as a result gets his WH press pass revoked. so much for the first amendment.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Acosta asked a question trump didnt like and as a result gets his WH press pass revoked. so much for the first amendment.
The guy's questions were answered, and his time was up.

Next

Old 11-14-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
I, and my entire company, were banned from a Government Laboratory Compound for my not responding to a Government employee screaming at me.

Bad judges believe that you have a duty to respond.

The judge in my case believes that you have a duty to scream back.

You're supposed to fight scream with scream.

Megyn Kelly failed to scream back.
There was no screaming at this event.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:02 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Are you daft? He got his press pass revoked for using his male privilege to physically overpower the female intern just trying to do her job.

I thought invoking/using "male privilege" was a toxic act according to the left. Since when did that change?

Old 11-14-2018, 12:03 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptik View Post
It appears Fox News has sided with CNN and Acosta on this matter.

Fox News stands with CNN: ‘Passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized’

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-be-weaponized

and an individual member of the press should not weaponized the "freedom of the press", to where he/she is impeding that freedom to other members of the press

his grandstanding, and outright rudeness, STOLE time from the other members of the press that had questions

he stole from his peers

IMO..for the grandstanding: give him back the access...but don't expect to be called upon in the future... there are others, whos freedom is important too.......
for the physical harassment: he should be fired by CNN...CNN should not put up with that type of 1920's physical abuse

Old 11-14-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
There was no screaming at this event.
Well, what happened to our Springer Culture?

Old 11-14-2018, 12:07 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,044,420 times
Seriously, coming from someone who thinks Trump is an abomination and his followers are complete morons...Acosta wanted to to make a martyr of himself. No one should think they can filibuster at the WH and there be no consequences. So he should get his credentials back and grab the mic again and not let go?

Old 11-14-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and an individual member of the press should not weaponized the "freedom of the press", to where he/she is impeding that freedom to other members of the press

his grandstanding, and outright rudeness, STOLE time from the other members of the press that had questions

he stole from his peers
Stolen time is theft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies