Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 03:21 AM

1,196 posts, read 839,637 times

Advertisements

The lib democrats think the USA is evil and should be brought to heal for the benefit of the global community

Okay due to some scfi type event tomorrow the world wakes up and the United States is gone; where the United States stood now is just an expanse of water Pacific meets atlantic ocean.

This happened without any great upheaval of the planet- it just poof gone.

How will the rest of world react.

Will there be a new world order of open borders, equality for all, enlightenment and world peace; or will the world drop into chaos with religious wars, ethnic cleansing, global war as the unfettered superpowers left jockey for conquest of resources,land and people? MAGA?KAGA

Old 06-14-2018, 03:51 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Silly topic.

America isn't going away. Our nation occupies a third of a continent. Nations can vanish. Continents don't. Continents move around over millions of years, but they never disappear.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-14-2018 at 04:20 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 06-14-2018, 06:00 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Strawman argument,

Old 06-14-2018, 06:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
The lib democrats think the USA is evil and should be brought to heal for the benefit of the global community

Okay due to some scfi type event tomorrow the world wakes up and the United States is gone; where the United States stood now is just an expanse of water Pacific meets atlantic ocean.

This happened without any great upheaval of the planet- it just poof gone.

How will the rest of world react.

Will there be a new world order of open borders, equality for all, enlightenment and world peace; or will the world drop into chaos with religious wars, ethnic cleansing, global war as the unfettered superpowers left jockey for conquest of resources,land and people? MAGA?KAGA

Oh, looky, another "Fear the libs" screed. I fear the Tyrant in Chief and the silence of the Congress on his abuse of power more than the so-called liberal danger.

There's a reason the founding fathers established separation of powers. They experienced the rule of a tyrant. That whirring sound you hear is them spinning in their graves.

I don't think this country is evil, I never did. The test of patriotism should never include what political ideology one belongs to. It is, quite simply "The love of one's country".

Oh, and by the way, happy flag day.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:14 AM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
I figure it would be a lot like those Christian produced movies about the rapture.

People would say, "Gee, America disappeared. I wonder what happened?"

Old 06-14-2018, 06:50 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Well, Al Gore has been telling us for decades now that we will all be under water any day now due to global warming so if America was to vanish I guess the last few remaining Liberals that are still treading water will laugh and say "We told you so" as they slip beneath the waves.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:54 AM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well, Al Gore has been telling us for decades now that we will all be under water any day now due to global warming so if America was to vanish I guess the last few remaining Liberals that are still treading water will laugh and say "We told you so" as they slip beneath the waves.
Nobody is claiming that sea level rise from melting glaciers will come in suddenly, like a tsunami. You’re attacking a straw man.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
No, he never claimed sea level rise will happen all at once. Ask yourself, if sea level rise is so laughable, why are coastal cities already dealing with its effects?

Please educate yourself.

Getting back to the subject at hand, patriotism is not endemic to just one political ideology.

Last edited by carterstamp; 06-14-2018 at 07:27 AM..

Old 06-14-2018, 07:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
That seems to be only your opinion,while Dems may not like the direction trump is taking the country it doesnt mean they dont love the country as much as you do ,Dems just have different ideas on how to get to the promised land.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:19 AM

1,196 posts, read 839,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
That seems to be only your opinion,while Dems may not like the direction trump is taking the country it doesnt mean they dont love the country as much as you do ,Dems just have different ideas on how to get to the promised land.
The thread is not about my opinions or Trump it's about my query on how the world would change if American influence positive or negative was suddenly absent on the world stage. MAGA/KAGA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies