Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 12:36 PM

3,864 posts, read 2,235,072 times

Advertisements

"Why our perception of pedophilia has to change"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjKts_KFDB4

This is actually happening. TED talks is giving this legitimacy. The crowd even applauded her. Slowly but surely people are trying to normalize pedophilia as a sexual orientation on the same level as homosexuality.

The progressive left is going to make it so that we have to accept and be tolerant of everybody's perversions. Europe is leading the way towards the normalization of degeneracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 12:38 PM

3,864 posts, read 2,235,072 times
Listen to her. We gotta start treating pedophiles with respect! LOL

Old 06-18-2018, 12:44 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,660,995 times
Never!

Old 06-18-2018, 12:49 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,911,612 times
I haven't looked at the video but it's true pedophilia is a sexual orientation the individuals are primarily or solely attracted to children. I suspect the video doesn't excuse the behavior of sexual offenders. If the person with this attraction follows through with the attraction they are a sexual offender plain and simple because they've crossed from a thought to a behavior. The behavior is parasitic because it harms the child only the offender benefits. Thoughts don't equal a crime though.(TBO sounds like a perpetual state of torment for those that are mindful and aren't offenders). These people should not be alone with children.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:50 PM

45,642 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Preaching to accept pedophiles - great, loving.

Preaching by Christians to reject pedophilia - intolerant, hateful.

Meanwhile more and more kids are being mentally, physically, and spiritually damaged by the predators. Who protects them?

Old 06-18-2018, 01:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,911,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I haven't looked at the video but it's true pedophilia is a sexual orientation the individuals are primarily or solely attracted to children. I suspect the video doesn't excuse the behavior of sexual offenders. If the person with this attraction follows through with the attraction they are a sexual offender plain and simple because they've crossed from a thought to a behavior. The behavior is parasitic because it harms the child only the offender benefits. Thoughts don't equal a crime though.(TBO sounds like a perpetual state of torment for those that are mindful and aren't offenders). These people should not be alone with children.
Ditto. Pedophiles do need to get treatment from people wh don’t abhor them.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:36 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,598,720 times
Quote:
I watched it, and you are right on target. It does not in any way excuse the sexual abuse of children. Rather, it argues that pedophiles who are able to speak openly to someone (a close friend or a counselor, for example) about their orientation without fear of being ostracized are actually less likely to act upon it and seek treatment instead. It does not say that we should normalize adults preying on kids, now or ever. Quite the opposite, it says very strongly that this must never happen.

It's a difficult subject to talk about without getting angry, and that's understandable, but I think people should consider giving the video a listen and really hear what it is saying before jumping to conclusions about its content.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:40 PM

13,231 posts, read 21,853,680 times
Quote:
I did watch it and you nailed it.

There is a difference between pedophilia and sexual offense. Pedophilia is the sexual preference for kids, it's deviant and wrong, but it does exist. According to the speaker, between 1 and 2% of adult males actually have this preference, ie, millions of men. 98% of them never act on their urges, but 2% of them do and become sexual offenders. THAT is the group that society normally associates with pedophilia, but that's the wrong way of looking at it because you're ignoring the 98% of pedophiles who haven't yet acted on their urges. So pedophilia is actually a MUCH bigger problem than we realize. By recognizing this and treating pedophilia as a disease, the afflicted can receive help before they become sexual predators which will help reduce sexual offenses against kids. In other words, recognizing and understanding the problem is necessary to fix the problem. I found the talk pretty brilliant in this regard,

Sad that most of you hear the word pedophilia and run away screaming without actually listening to things that smart people have to say about it.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:40 PM

24,532 posts, read 17,277,292 times
Geez what is next and who is pushing this slow moral decay?

It wasn't that long ago a "leaked" sex tape was the end of a starlets career now it is a way to get famous.

Pot used to get you arrested now it is legal in many states.

Breaking laws and defying a federal subpoena is a prison sentence unless your last name is Clinton that is...
The 99.9% of the nation now has to make exceptions for that .1% that is trying to decide which bathroom they should be using.

Drug addicts are not criminals but they are victims.
People that are trying to sneak into the country are not illegal trespassers but they are dreamers, undocumented workers, future Democratic voters or whatever else they are calling them today.

and now we have a group that is promoting diddling kids? How low can they go?

America is circling the drain faster and faster.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:48 PM

13,231 posts, read 21,853,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Geez what is next and who is pushing this slow moral decay?

It wasn't that long ago a "leaked" sex tape was the end of a starlets career now it is a way to get famous.

Pot used to get you arrested now it is legal in many states.

Breaking laws and defying a federal subpoena is a prison sentence unless your last name is Clinton that is...
The 99.9% of the nation now has to make exceptions for that .1% that is trying to decide which bathroom they should be using.

Drug addicts are not criminals but they are victims.
People that are trying to sneak into the country are not illegal trespassers but they are dreamers, undocumented workers, future Democratic voters or whatever else they are calling them today.

and now we have a group that is promoting diddling kids? How low can they go?

America is circling the drain faster and faster.
Sigh.

If "promoting diddling kids" is what you got out of that video, I feel really sorry for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies