Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 07:40 PM

1,362 posts, read 874,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trump's tweet confirmed what we Deplorables knew immediately -- that jacket showed what Melania thinks of the Fake News.
Nothing to do with immigration.
Trump's tweet confirmed what it always does. That he reads message boards and watches TV and steals talking points. The dude has zero original ideas and lacks the intellect to string together more than one sentence that isn't just a slightly different version of the previous sentence.

He took a look at how this was playing on his base's message boards, thought he could run with the trolling-the-media theory, and ran off to the toilet and tweeted it out.

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
And that doesn’t erase the fact that:

She is the ONLY one from Trump’s camp to visit the border.

She is the ONLY one from Trump’s camp that didn’t defend what was happening when the rest of his administration was excusing it.

She is the ONLY one from his camp wanting to do anything about reuniting families.

She is the ONLY one who has cared.

I don’t know why she wore the jacket, you don’t know why she wore the jacket. All we have here is speculation over a piece of clothing. None of that diminishes her efforts and the fact that she has been the lone voice of dissent in the Trump camp.
Yes it does diminish her efforts -- as she leaves we see "I don't care...do u"

So basically she just said -- I really don't care.......just here for the pics.

You take your bits and scrap and craps they dole out.

I'm done.

I was impressed when she showed the interest.

Public figures who are into fashion - never just grab a jacket. They never do. They know exactly what they are going to wear and why. She knew what it said. For whatever reason -- even if it isn't about the kids -- it was wrong. It destroyed her seemingly caring facade that she put on earlier.

The fact that she was the only one and if she cared so much - -she would have taken better care -- either in careless clothes choices or in trying to make a dig at the press, her husband whoever.

I don't believe she bought that jacket. She doesn't shop at Zara -- lol.

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I wonder how long that jacket has been part of Melania's wardrobe?
It cost $39. Probably not long. One and done.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:42 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Ye sit does diminish her efforts -- as she leaves we see "I don't care...do u"

So basically she just said -- I really don't care.......just here for the pics.

You take your bits and scrap and craps they dole out.

I'm done.

I was impressed when she showed the interest.

Public figures who are into fashion - never just grab a jacket. They never do. They know exactly what they are going to wear and why. She knew what it said. For whatever reason -- even if it isn't about the kids -- it was wrong. It destroyed her seemingly caring facade that she put on earlier.
I’m liberal. But I’m not going to presume what she meant from the jacket and use it to condemn her or allow it to diminish her efforts.

Your entire point is based on assumption. All of it.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:47 PM

1,362 posts, read 874,612 times
Quote:
I’m liberal. But I’m not going to presume what she meant from the jacket and use it to condemn her or allow it to diminish her efforts.

But what "efforts"? What did she actually do?

Old 06-21-2018, 07:51 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:

Negligence for choosing to wear it....or purposefully wearing it - -it's bad either way.

She wiped out all her 'goodwill' -- because that's all she did 'goodwill' to make herself feel better.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Still bad taste.

Seriously if I had a high school kid going to a school event or to volunteer someplace I would not allow them to wear that jacket.

I wouldn't wear a jacket like that ever!!

Old 06-21-2018, 07:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trump's tweet confirmed what we Deplorables knew immediately -- that jacket showed what Melania thinks of the Fake News.
Nothing to do with immigration.
FYI, Trump lies a lot.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:56 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Get over it. You lost. Move on. You’re stuck with him for 8 years. Little hand? He’s exactly what this country needed at the right time. The pendulum swung too far. Thank God it’s coming back. Whew!
Nope. Just 4. Well, more like 2.5 now.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
It cost $39. Probably not long. One and done.
If she splits from her husband within the next year, that jacket will be the 2nd most famous FLOTUS outfit behind Jackie O's Texas ensemble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies