Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 09:32 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,288,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
She wore it boarding the plane and getting off the plane. Neither of which are considered photo opportunities.

Still doesn't change facts. She's done a lot more than anyone else from that camp and the fact that so many of you are so willing to pounce on her jacket instead of admitting she's doing something when the rest are doing nothing and giving her credit for making an effort just shows a blatant bias.
Everything a FLOTUS does outside the WH is a photo op.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I actually kind of like Melania and the jacket threw me for a loop. Regardless of what she meant by wearing it, the choice was distasteful and open to the worst possible interpretation by anyone who saw it.
Same here. I appreciate how she seems to really love her son.

This thing today just floored me.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Well the conservatives on this site constantly complain about double standards and it is posts like this that bolster their point.
I have no clue what you’re talking about. Being critical of a very tone deaf saying on a piece of clothing worn by the FLOTUS while she was on official business on behalf of the taxpayers is not a bad thing.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:38 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,061,581 times
Quote:
She wore it boarding the plane and getting off the plane. Neither of which are considered photo opportunities.

Still doesn't change facts. She's done a lot more than anyone else from that camp and the fact that so many of you are so willing to pounce on her jacket instead of admitting she's doing something when the rest are doing nothing and giving her credit for making an effort just shows a blatant bias.
They most certainly are considered photo opportunities, I couldn't begin to count the photos of politicians getting on and off airplanes, many of them in history books.

Heck, you could practically call pictures like that a tradition.

And, I can believe that she tried to influence Donald to right his wrong, that the way the children were being treated really bothered her and needed to be stopped.....and he didn't listen to her. Instead of taking her opinion/advice seriously , he fluffed her off, perhaps brusquely, and waited until the political fallout became too great and only then acted on it.

And then, after dissing her opinion early on, he espects her to go down there on her own to do damage control.

I think she is letting him know she is no longer happy just being his little puppet and he needs to start respecting her opinion as a person. She is no longer just wife/mother/arm candy, and, ironically, that change has come about because of the position he has put her in.

The dynamics of their marriage are changing and I don't think Donald likes it.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:43 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,917,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
My point was that we have no clue.

I actually do not care about her motives.
You may not but others do and apparently there are some who will view it as direct support of the alt-right which is more than happy these children are separated from their parents and help in custody in erzatz concentration camps...

https://mobile.twitter.com/KlasfeldR...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Just because some people want to be ostriches and stick their heads in the sand when they are afraid doesn't make that a smart policy short or long term...

Old 06-21-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
She may come to regret that choice. For her to even buy a cheap coat like that is shocking and I'll bet it was suggested in jest by a Trump supporter and she snapped one up to wear after the press made a to-do over the spiked heels. Turns out she's just as petty and vindictive as her husband. Her 'BeBest' campaign was very short lived.
I didn't know anything about the designer of the jacket until I read this Twitter info by writer

Apparently Zara has been cited before for very negative workplace, has history of Holocause denial and appears to sport lot of designs that support Nazi history
So either Melania and her support team are too stupid to pay attention--and face it--the woman is a walking fashion "dress me Barbie"...
She knows fashion
There is no way she COULD have chosen that jacket and meant it as an affront to Trump because IT ISN"T
You can't isolate the phrase and say--"oh she meant it to reflect on how she dislikes Trump"
That is just nuts IMO

It was a jacket made by a designer with a decidedly unsavory slant--
Not like the lovely coat/dress/outfit she wore at Inaugration which was the epitome of classic elegance
Just like her white tennis shoes carry a message
Just like her more recent facelift does--she had good work done didn't she...

But that jacket--with the coming anniversary celebration of the alt=right march in Charlottesville being celebrated so close to the White House--
That means F/U America...

Old 06-21-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
People into fashion that aren't the First Lady -- never ever just grab a jacket ....never.

They know what they have, what it says, how it looks -- they know when they go to work out, for a run, shop, and when they know they are getting national press on a plane going to the White House....lol

And we are forgetting it was in the 90's in Texas today -- brrr better get that jacket........
Not disagreeing with the analysis that goes into planning FLOTUS's wardrobe
Or the symbolic messaging that goes on with the choices she makes--
But she had the jacket because of rain--not cold
It is some sort of plastic/rubberized rain parka

An umbrella with Trump USA on it just didn't carry the same message I guess...

Old 06-21-2018, 10:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Thumbs down She really doesn't care, do u?

She really doesn't care, do u?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Wonderful! It's nice to see one of them care.

Not so fast...

Old 06-21-2018, 10:20 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Not disagreeing with the analysis that goes into planning FLOTUS's wardrobe
Or the symbolic messaging that goes on with the choices she makes--
But she had the jacket because of rain--not cold
It is some sort of plastic/rubberized rain parka

An umbrella with Trump USA on it just didn't carry the same message I guess...
Reportedly it was 81 and not raining when she left for Texas.

What’s up with the cheap jacket?

Whole thing makes no sense.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:25 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,061,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I didn't know anything about the designer of the jacket until I read this Twitter info by writer

Apparently Zara has been cited before for very negative workplace, has history of Holocause denial and appears to sport lot of designs that support Nazi history
So either Melania and her support team are too stupid to pay attention--and face it--the woman is a walking fashion "dress me Barbie"...
She knows fashion
There is no way she COULD have chosen that jacket and meant it as an affront to Trump because IT ISN"T
You can't isolate the phrase and say--"oh she meant it to reflect on how she dislikes Trump"
That is just nuts IMO

It was a jacket made by a designer with a decidedly unsavory slant--
Not like the lovely coat/dress/outfit she wore at Inaugration which was the epitome of classic elegance
Just like her white tennis shoes carry a message
Just like her more recent facelift does--she had good work done didn't she...

But that jacket--with the coming anniversary celebration of the alt=right march in Charlottesville being celebrated so close to the White House--
That means F/U America...
Unless Melania starts making it a habit to wear that designer, I doubt she is supporting that designer's agenda.

I still believe Melania chose that jacket as a direct shot at Donald.

Was it wise politically? Of course not, but her intent was to hit Donald where it hurts and she probably succeeded.

The dis was meant for Donald alone, that is why she didn't wear the jacket anywhere near the children.

Of course, JMO.

In fact, as unwise as her action was politically, I think my opinion of her may be changing for the better. It is pretty obvious to me that she is no longer going along with Donald on everything like she did in the "birther" days. She is starting to think for herself and I think I might like the new Melania better than the old one..........only time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies