Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 08:47 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times

Advertisements

“I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?” written on the back of Melania’s jacket, refers to the Fake News Media. Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!

Trump's tweet -- there you have it -- she was purposely choosing to divert attention away from the real crisis by wearing an ugly coat with a message to the media.

Sophomoric.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:47 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Her spokesperson clearly DID say she just grabbed it and it meant nothing. From your own link on the first page:

Therefore yes - what you are doing is assuming a hidden message.
Nope. That statement right there by Grisham, “. I hope the press...” That was the intent right there.

So shameful. Despicable...
hateful
beyond contempt
contemptible
degrading
disgraceful
disreputable
loathsome
reprehensible
shameful
vile
wretched
abject
base
beastly
detestable
dirty
ignominious
low-life
mean
no-good
pitiful
slimy
sordid...

Take your pick.

Seriously. I’m still reeling from that slimy incident where Donnie tossed starburst candies on the table to Merkel and said:

“ 'Here, Angela. Don't say I never give you anything.'"

And now this!?

I just can’t.

pic.twitter.com/LfTWerxsNK

Old 06-21-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
You are assuming. It's not an opinion. It's a fact. You have been given the reason behind the jacket from her spokesperson and have willingly chose not to believe it and instead come to your own conclusion. That is an assumption and you're basing your entire opinion off of it.

Trump always lies. ALWAYS. He would say the sky is blue and I'd go outside to double check.
People into fashion that aren't the First Lady -- never ever just grab a jacket ....never.

They know what they have, what it says, how it looks -- they know when they go to work out, for a run, shop, and when they know they are getting national press on a plane going to the White House....lol

And we are forgetting it was in the 90's in Texas today -- brrr better get that jacket........

Old 06-21-2018, 08:49 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,361 times
Melania is a twit, Some give her a pass because she has model looks. She is exactly like here father. He was a card carrying communist because it helped him financially. He was a weak tool. So is Melania.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:50 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,754 times
Quote:
Ah, splitting hairs. How pleasant. You're still assuming and she still came out before the rest of them changed their minds. I couldn't care less what you want, she had a spokesperson release a statement on her behalf. If you choose to be picky that's your choice, but it doesn't change what she's done.

I'm willing to bet money that most of you making a big deal out of this would have been half as critical (if critical at all) if this had played out with Michelle.
Michelle would never have done such a reprehensible thing

Old 06-21-2018, 08:53 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,893,031 times
Were there any members of the press on board the plane with the First Lady? Or anyone else who might be able to describe her manner during the flights? Was she in good spirits, excited about visiting the children, chatty, quiet, withdrawn, smiling, stone-faced?

She seemed serious but appropriate during the actual visit, at least the parts we've seen. I do think the Lutheran-run shelter had some advance notification of her visit, as the rooms shown were clearly arranged for an important visitor and the hallways and children's bedrooms were spotless.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
Quote:
She wore it boarding the plane and getting off the plane. Neither of which are considered photo opportunities.

Still doesn't change facts. She's done a lot more than anyone else from that camp and the fact that so many of you are so willing to pounce on her jacket instead of admitting she's doing something when the rest are doing nothing and giving her credit for making an effort just shows a blatant bias.

Melania is a bimbo who has done nothing except show up and sometimes make plagiarized statements.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:54 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
People into fashion that aren't the First Lady -- never ever just grab a jacket ....never.

They know what they have, what it says, how it looks -- they know when they go to work out, for a run, shop, and when they know they are getting national press on a plane going to the White House....lol

And we are forgetting it was in the 90's in Texas today -- brrr better get that jacket........
People who are into fashion who are married to the most narcissistic borderline senile megalomaniac may in fact make mistakes.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:55 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,362,537 times
I actually kind of like Melania and the jacket threw me for a loop. Regardless of what she meant by wearing it, the choice was distasteful and open to the worst possible interpretation by anyone who saw it.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Were there any members of the press on board the plane with the First Lady? Or anyone else who might be able to describe her manner during the flights? Was she in good spirits, excited about visiting the children, chatty, quiet, withdrawn, smiling, stone-faced?

She seemed serious but appropriate during the actual visit, at least the parts we've seen. I do think the Lutheran-run shelter had some advance notification of her visit, as the rooms shown were clearly arranged for an important visitor and the hallways and children's bedrooms were spotless.
The CNN reporter who had nothing but complimentary things to say about attending the event, etc. said that they were already on the plane and didn't have any interaction.

She says they were all a little surprised with the jacket and wondered why. Knowing that nothing happens by chance on these trips...but she did confirm that the important thing was that Melani showed her support blah blah. The CNN crowd were far more gracious than I.

i guess because I was so happy to see her stepping out and knowing she only does what she wants to do. I was hopeful she will help get kids and parent together.

She may still -- who knows I hope this was just not a stunt. It sure seems like it, Time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies