Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 06:11 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I once thought of going to law school. **** like this is part of why I did not.

That judge needs to share a cell with him, and for a lot longer than three years.
No, the judge's wife and daughter, if he has them. Sick of these POS judges that turn scum loose time after time to prey on innocent victims again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 06:17 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The reason “ rape” is not used in the article is because Wisconsin defines it as sexual assault. The state does not use the term “rape”. Guy plead guilty to 5/23 charges,including multiple sexual assaults, strangulation and stalking. It was a plea deal.

A psychologist for the defense diagnosed him with 4 disorders, Narrasistic Personality,Hallucinogen, Cannabis Use and Sexual Sadism and said he would not get the treatment he needs in prison.
I think he'd get EXACTLY the treatment he needs in prison. Hopefully several times a night.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Hey Desert. I missed you in that thread about the racist lady slapping people on the bus and getting charged with a hate crime. You might have missed it because unlike a lady yelling racist stuff at the nail salon or the lady saying racist stuff and losing her waitressing job....that story didn't make the national news. (gee...I wonder why. Racist assault doesn't make the national news....Racist non-assault does...viva la ratings! Still thinking you're not getting over-reporting?)

Just pointing out that reality may only be reflective of what your news outlets are reporting to you.
(Nor should you trust FOX etc. either as they're as bad the other way)

You're really going to start this racist of a thread using an anecdote? I mean, I'm sure if we drive on over to Stormfront we can find an article about some "liberal judge" slapping blacks on the wrist which would be a sadly eerie parallel to your own post.

P.S. OF COURSE his lawyer is going to push for probation...that's their job.
In other words, I have to comment on threads that YOU want me to comment on? Bro...I have a father.

Do I tell you what threads to comment on as if I’m your boss or something?

Go ahead...find a case of a black rapist getting a 3 year bid after committing 3 rapes. I’ll wait.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:36 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Absolutely disgusting...but not surprising. Certain people get slaps on the wrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The word "rape" is not even used in the article. "Sexual assault" can mean any number of things. We have no idea what specific crimes he committed and therefore no means of assessing whether or not his sentence is just.

I'm not surprised.
Read other articles. His actions involved rape, which the state includes under sexual assault. Initially he faced 40 yrs. in prison and the plea deal brought the maximum sentence down to around 19 yrs. The judge decided to give him hardly any time. Despicable.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:45 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,924,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think he'd get EXACTLY the treatment he needs in prison. Hopefully several times a night.
You have to be pretty sick in the head to want people to be sexually assaulted.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:45 AM

Smh.

Quote:
He faced up to 10 years in prison or extended supervision on the sexual assault convictions alone -- and a maximum 40-year sentence on all charges. Prosecutors were seeking 19 years.
Quote:
Cook was initially charged with more than 20 crimes nearly a dozen women, including misdemeanor disorderly conduct and felony sexual assault for incidents between September 2014 and October 2016.
https://www.google.com/amp/fox2now.c...g-3-women/amp/

Old 06-24-2018, 06:56 AM

Absent the plea deal, the trials would have been as follows:

Quote:
The cases will be separated by victims and the type of charge filed, Dane County Circuit Court Judge Stephen Ehlke wrote in a statement. The following trials are set to take place:

Trial A: two counts of felony stalking involving two women
Trial B: counts of fourth-degree sexual assault and disorderly conduct involving four women
Trial C, D, E and F: four separate trials involving second- and third-degree sexual assault victims
Trial G: most recently filed counts of disorderly conduct and false imprisonment
But he received 3 yrs. Horrible.

Alec Cook

Old 06-24-2018, 07:13 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,697,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I once thought of going to law school. **** like this is part of why I did not.

That judge needs to share a cell with him, and for a lot longer than three years.

Like me. I once thought about going to medical school. Then I realized I'd have to deal with blood, guts and sick people in general. That's so gross!

Old 06-24-2018, 11:22 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Its his heterosexual male privilege.

Had he been a homosexual female, who knows what would have happened?

Oh please, women get lighter sentences for these crimes especially.

Anyway, I smell money in this case as well.

Lyle Burgess got 90 days house arrest for raping a 5 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies