Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2018, 04:18 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
But the Democrat party has more in common with Fascism and Communism as they want the government to control what people can say, control over the means of production, and the right to jail people for believing or saying things they don't like, unlike Republicans who believe in the individual instead of the government.

I do understand the Left wings narrative on Fascism, anyone who doesn't agree with me is a Fascist.
So true.

You nailed it.

The left is FAR more authoritative and fascist than the right is. All the right wants is the following;

Limited and minimal government (that right there is the extreme polar opposite of fascist)
Lower taxes
More personal freedom for all. (even things others don't like)
More personal responsibility
Belief in the constitution and rule of law
Fair trade
Gun rights
Free to pursue happiness

That's what America was founded in and that's what we want. We want to make America great again.

The left is pretty much the opposite of all the above. The left is FAR more fascist and it's totally illogical to argue otherwise. And if somehow you still disagree, I'm certain you'll be called a fascist, racist, xenophobe, mysoginst or a combination of all 4.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:30 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
The left is FAR more authoritative and fascist than the right is. All the right wants is the following;

Limited and minimal government (that right there is the extreme polar opposite of fascist)
Lower taxes
Fair trade
Gun rights
Free to pursue happiness
The Confederacy in general were for all of the things you just listed. Its just that they wanted those things only for white males. Just because you believe in those principles doesn't automatically excuse you from being authoritarian.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:36 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Yes, Right-Wingers throwing Migrant babies into concentration-camps!!!!!!

Come on, if any side is frighteningly intolerant and just getting more and more nasty, it is the Democrats.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:37 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
The Confederacy in general were for all of the things you just listed. Its just that they wanted those things only for white males. Just because you believe in those principles doesn't automatically excuse you from being authoritarian.
How is that even remotely relevant to my post????

It's no different than giving me crusaders guilt

Old 06-28-2018, 04:37 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
So true.

You nailed it.

Lower taxes
Fair trade
Gun rights
Free to pursue happiness

That's what America was founded in and that's what we want. We want to make America great again.

The left is pretty much the opposite of all the above. The left is FAR more fascist and it's totally illogical to argue otherwise. And if somehow you still disagree, I'm certain you'll be called a fascist, racist, xenophobe, mysoginst or a combination of all 4.

What about this? David Barton is a HUGELY influential figure on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67vrq6F4D-E

Old 06-28-2018, 05:03 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
How is that even remotely relevant to my post????

It's no different than giving me crusaders guilt
You missed the point. What principles you stand for for is one thing, to whom they apply to is something else. Hence my comparison to the Confederacy. They believed in most of the principles you had listed. Except those principles only extended to a small portion of the population. Just because you strive for the principles you listed, doesn't exclude you from being or becoming authoritarian.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:36 PM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Is America Moving Toward Right-Wing Fascism?

Indeed, We are already a good distance down the list.
If you have Hannity, Limbaugh, and FOX news we already have Trump's Brown Shirts so that takes care of #1 along with a few thugs and tiki torch marchers.
Trump has #2, #3, and #5 covered and is working on #6.
There has been some push-back on #4 With BLM and some other efforts including DOJ monitors.
Fascism has a very strong economic and commerce facet which melts right in with Trump's efforts to open protected areas to mining and fracking, impose tariffs to the point of starting a tariff war, and disrupt economic cooperation.
For #8, we already have an astronomical incarceration rate and private prisons. Expanding that concept would have many advocates around the country and we already have detentions centers and children held in cages. Internment camps?
Numbers 9 and 10 are Trump's hallmarks.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:52 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,588,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Video below:

Key Takeaways

Fascism: Historically, it means group (usually ethnic or national) supremacy, contempt for democracy, and glorifying strong-man leadership styles. Politics of disposability, strong demogoguic approach. Elevates emotionalism over intellectualism. However this is too narrow.

1. Fascism starts with a language of brutality, one that legitimizes dehumanization and if taken far enough, hatred and violence. It also undermines the possibility of a free press.

Dehumanization? You mean like calling a baby a "choice" so that you can commit mass infanticide that would put Adolf Hitler to shame?
2. Policies that play to and promote enormous inequities (wealth and/or power).

See North Korea, which is NOT fascist
3. Policies that aim hatred of “the other” from a large segment of society.

Communists did this too.
4. Promotion of “law”, “order”, and “discipline” to the point of legitimizing police brutality. Punishment and violence becomes the only organizing principle of a “functioning society”.

I don't follow you. I recall a certain group creating "sanctuary cities" in defiance of law and that same group chanting "What do we want? More dead cops! When do we want them? Now!"
5. Stigmatizing the distastefully different in some way (the poor, the “inferior”, “weak”, etc.) can lead to criminalizing those traits.

You mean like calling people sexists, racists, bigots, homophobes, xenophobes, transphobes, etc because they don't agree with your idealogy and calling 60 million people "a basket of deplorables"?
6. “Are we fascist now?” is not the actual question. The actual question is “How far down the road are we to rendering ineffectual the institutions that protect republics, democracy, etc. and basic civil liberties?”. Attacks on public education, the press, the rule of law (even culturally, if not legally) are a warning sign.
7. Point 6 itself, can’t be answered without first answering “What institutions and cultural attitudes that make democracy (or ‘republic’ if you prefer) possible?”
8. “Do we have concentration camps now (not even death camps)?” is also the wrong question. The right question is “What condition allow those camps to come about in the first place?”.

Yes, we do have concentration camps. They are called public schools.
9. Demogogues accelerate fascism’s rise.
10. Dog-eat-dog, merciless competition rooted in self-interest (or the interest of one’s close group).

Video: American Nightmare: Facing the Challenge of Fascism w/ Dr. Henry Giroux - MR Live - 6/26/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k2NMk2somo
See above.

Old 06-28-2018, 06:32 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
So true.

You nailed it.

Lower taxes
Fair trade
Gun rights
Free to pursue happiness

The right simply wants the freedom to oppress others.

When Lincoln freed the slaves, he was considered a tyrant by the conservatives of his day. After all, those plantation owners had bought those slaves fair and square, who was Lincoln to think he could take away the planters’ hard-earned property?

Old 06-28-2018, 06:53 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You think they would take you? Good luck, you have to be skilled and have something to offer to be considered for Canadian citizenship.
I have almost completed a high demand IT degree that can get me into numerous countries and I also have family there. We were already looking to relocate in 5+ years just to see the world (we’ve been looking at Europe), if we need to move that time frame up we can. So thanks for your concern, but this isn’t something I just thought up and I’m well aware of the requirements. It wouldn’t be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies