Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Believe That Women Gaining The Right To Vote Brought Us Today's Welfare State?
Yes 23 20.91%
No 87 79.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 06:20 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
It's insulting to most women and most men.
It's not insulting to me. I know OP meant it to be, but I take no offense. As I said yesterday, effectively speaking, yes women voting and holding political power probably does result in more social programs to help families, children, and women.

Its a badge of honor I'll wear proudly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 06:24 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Not being sexist. Just asking for opinions. I read about this a while back.

After the 19th amendment was passed. Women gained the right to vote. 100 years later we have one of the largest welfare states in the World.

Women tend to vote for big government, and the party of big government.

Women are now relying on the government to raise them, and their children. Men are sometimes punished through the court system with no visitation , and or high child support payments. Women no longer get married. They would much rather have the government give them forced redistribution of resources rather than get married and have a man provide.

Agree , disagree.? Yes not maybe so? Let go

I only have one question. WHAT?????????

Old 06-30-2018, 07:14 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Not being sexist. Just asking for opinions. I read about this a while back.

After the 19th amendment was passed. Women gained the right to vote. 100 years later we have one of the largest welfare states in the World.

Women are now relying on the government to raise them, and their children. Men are sometimes punished through the court system with no visitation , and or high child support payments. Women no longer get married. They would much rather have the government give them forced redistribution of resources rather than get married and have a man provide.

Agree , disagree.? Yes not maybe so? Let go
Yes, granting women the right to vote has dramatically changed the way the nation or any nation votes on issues. I'm 100% in favor of granting that right but there's no doubt that it changed the nation's priorities.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:58 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yes, granting women the right to vote has dramatically changed the way the nation or any nation votes on issues. I'm 100% in favor of granting that right but there's no doubt that it changed the nation's priorities.
You fail to realize that WW2 changed the nation and many men died or where overseas fighting so women had to take over in the work force. That changed a lot as did the 60s and 70s when the ideal of the Beaver Cleaver family was a myth.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Well the DATA and FACTS support otherwise . Calling someone sexist doesn't win the argument.... haven't you learned from the 2016 election?
what does the 2016 election have to do with this? It appears you are grabbing at straws.

Old 06-30-2018, 10:43 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
You fail to realize that WW2 changed the nation and many men died or where overseas fighting so women had to take over in the work force. That changed a lot as did the 60s and 70s when the ideal of the Beaver Cleaver family was a myth.
I don't fail to realize any of that.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm for a basic social safety net not because my heart bleeds for others, but because it's a proven necessity for maintaining basic safety, order, and stability in a society.

It's an investment to increase the number of decisions people make that are long term decisions rather than decisions motivated by immediate survival.

When people don't have to hustle through three jobs just to get by, they can educate themselves or create new things or get more involved in their communities in positive ways.

If the US had Medicare for all, we'd likely see many more small businesses and a reallocation of labor based more on optimal fit (and hence productivity) rather than on perceived job security.
people can, even now hols down more one and get an education. My granddaughter was raising a child, had a husband, worked full time as a nurse and managed to get a degree in nursing, a BS btw. She also, after finishing getting her DS she continued working full time, by then had 2 little ones and got her nurse practitioners degree. It can be done. anyone holding down 3 jobs is not working full time at any of them most likely.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:18 AM

I do not have to rely on fake news, especially outdated. I can judge from the people I know. Are you really saying conservatives are ignorant and yet preaching women's right to vote created welfare? Give it up for heavens sake.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:22 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
It's insulting to most women and most men.
Well, I'm not most women.

Old 06-30-2018, 11:29 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
N

Women, in general, DO tend to vote for big government.
This is NOT a lie.
Therefore, more female votes = more votes for big government.

Not seeing the big controversy with this thread.

As for the "women wanting handouts" stuff the OP said... if you don't believe that that's true, then why is something that you deem "not true", insulting to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies