Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 12:43 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,936,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And...

Not that anyone who tweeted rage at this person bothered to read anything, just went with their feelies.

I'm not a hunter, not interested in shooting at anything, (during an apocalypse, however, all my opinions can change), and I do not understand bragging about destroying something. Never have, never will. No, I lied. I brag about destroying spiders, but that's not for the same reasons as those who eagerly hunt out animals as trophies.)

It would be nice, however, if people could calm the hell down and find out the information before freaking out. I don't like hunting, either, but I am also very aware that it does help in the conservation of many species.
I read all of that, and am fully aware of it. I still find it very disturbing.

Perhaps we should think about it a different way.

Perhaps a better idea is to restore ecosystems to the point where they don't need to be managed by humans.

These species existed for millions of years before we came along, not needing to be "managed".

We should remember that the reason they're in this position to begin with is because of what we have done to their environments and ecosystems.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,412,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
This is the lie. Trophy hunting is not for meat. When someone kills a lion they are not going to eat it.
A lot of that meat is given to the locals. Same difference. In the US, hunters do mostly eat the meat.

You don' get to police intent and motivation. If its legal, then it is legal. If the body is processed the correct way by he hunter (taken for meat, etc) then it is legal. Usually, if it is legal than is ecologically sound. Which this more than sounds like i was.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,696,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
My opinion is that this woman is a jerk. Trophy hunting is repulsive to me, the Trump kids have done it too. Why does shooting an animal, especially a defenseless one for a trophy moment make you happy or tough?
People like this get a thrill out of killing another living thing, having power over their life in their hands, this is about the only way they can get away with it.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:50 PM

30,411 posts, read 23,877,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

Perhaps a better idea is to restore ecosystems to the point where they don't need to be managed by humans.

These species existed for millions of years before we came along, not needing to be "managed".

We should remember that the reason they're in this position to begin with is because of what we have done to their environments and ecosystems.
I am 100% on board with you on that. You will get no argument from me.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:56 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,429,357 times
Here are some deadly animal lovers right here.

Tourists kill a baby dolphin with selfies* - NY Daily News
A baby dolphin died in Mojacar, Spain last week after it was passed around among a group of selfie-snapping tourists and was held out of the water for too long, according to Metro. The beachgoers noticed the mammal swimming among them and, instead of guiding it back out toward the open ocean, picked it up for numerous photo ops.

I'll bet the same people who loved that baby dolphin would be horrified this act.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:57 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,936,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

A baby dolphin died in Mojacar, Spain last week after it was passed around among a group of selfie-snapping tourists and was held out of the water for too long, according to Metro. The beachgoers noticed the mammal swimming among them and, instead of guiding it back out toward the open ocean, picked it up for numerous photo ops.

I'll bet the same people who loved that baby dolphin would be horrified this act.
I'll happily call these people idiots.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:00 PM

7,272 posts, read 5,311,786 times
I don't hunt. I don't like hunting. Like guns though (also not a fan), if it's legal then tough sh*t to me.

We can argue morals til we're blue in the face, but for me personally despite my morals if it's legal then not much I can do about it other than lobbying for a law change.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:

Good luck with that. In another utopian paradise, Venezuela, they ate the animals at the Caracas zoo .

if people do not care about it, it will be destroyed. I know from experience. The only people that care about nature are those that draw from it.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:01 PM

30,411 posts, read 23,877,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

Most animal lovers are not that stupid. Of course you don't "pass around" wildlife for photos. Idiots are everywhere when it comes to animals - every.where.

I was on this forum when I worked in the Everglades (hence my "formerly known as" name under my TWIS name), and I gave tours through the Everglades. Not on a path, OUT in the Everglades.

It is unreal just how many people are complete and utter morons when it comes to animals, especially wildlife, and they are from all. over. the. world, not just "white people" as this article pointed out at the very beginning.

Way too many people around the globe still have the mindset that animals are "things" and can be treated and discarded any way they want. To this day, I still periodically get a "memory intrusion" as some Universities like to call it, of the video of a poor dog being boiled alive while a huge crowed of people stood around and watched. I'm talking hundreds of people...and not a single one bothered to try to stop it.

I have many pets because of people treating animals like "things" and discarding them like trash. Every single pet that I have was thrown away like it was garbage, not a breathing, living creature.

There's people who like taking photos of themselves with animals, but that does not make them "animal lovers".

Old 07-02-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I'll happily call these people idiots.
Loving animals in ignorance kills them. Killing animals with knowledge saves them.

I am happy to say that its knowledge that saves them. The urban fools that know jack squat about nature and collect welfare and trust fund distributions is truly disturbing. I know because I live with them. When I pic berries at the park nearly all of them think they are poisonous. Urbanization creates some of the dumbest people the world has ever seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies