Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 08:46 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,488,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If they allow it in order to increase the population of those animals, then it actually makes sense.

This particular bull was too old to breed and had already killed three breeding age bulls. With him gone, the younger bulls will be able to increase the population.

They don't want the facts. Most didn't read anything in order to glean the real facts. It's more fun to scream and rant about conservatives and hunters while chowing down hamburgers and fried chicken.

Considering that each recipient may have received a quarter pound, that 2000 pounds of meat fed 8000 people.

But to the foolhardy, old giraffes that kill off their own species breeders are more important than starving nations.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:47 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,405,072 times
It looks to be an ecologically valid kill to me.

Was it illegal? No. There's 99% of this.

The other 1% is also validated by the fact that the giraffe was past mating age. Thus culling it makes ecological room for younger individuals who can breed and expand the population. There is literally nothing to complain about.

The racism of AfricaDigest was a little bit shocking, but I suppose that's a symptom of South Africa being in peak anti-White mode ahead of confiscating land. I'm unsure what they are gloating about in regard to the Neanderthal hominid admixture of Europeans, or what they hope to get out of that tactic. Its not like we go around denigrating in-print the Homo Habilis, Homo Erectus, and other hominid admixtures of Africans that do not include Neanderthal. Its a strange tactic.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:48 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,792,959 times
My opinion is that this woman is a jerk. Trophy hunting is repulsive to me, the Trump kids have done it too. Why does shooting an animal, especially a defenseless one for a trophy moment make you happy or tough?

Old 07-02-2018, 08:51 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,405,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
My opinion is that this woman is a jerk. Trophy hunting is repulsive to me, the Trump kids have done it too. Why does shooting an animal, especially a defenseless one for a trophy moment make you happy or tough?
Because its more honest on the killing issue than buying meat in a grocery store, for one. Hunting was our primary mode of existence for most of our evolution. It might be the most natural activity for a human, and so revisiting it makes sense as an activity. I'd be curious to know how many of her critics eat meat or benefit from animal products.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:52 AM

19,704 posts, read 12,279,826 times
People can no longer have outdoor cats because magnificent wildlife will take them.

We had a battle over bobcat hunting, the soy bunch thinks they are cute fuzzy kitties. They ran around with Save the Cats signs. There is no reason other than "cute" and "cat" to protect them, they are not endangered. Irrational as ever.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:56 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,408,313 times
Black Giraffe Lives Matter.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:58 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,507,432 times
Quote:
If it's not the thrill what makes it fun? I can see hunting for food, most of us eat meat and it's an animal that has to be killed for us to eat. I don't understand hunting for sport or for fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
What makes it fun? Spending time with your father.
What makes it fun? Hiking up in the woods picking black caps while you go.
What makes it fun? Learning a valuable life lesson on being self sufficient. Aka I can fend and feed myself without being reliant on a grocery store markup. My example in florida is Feral hogs. For the cost of 1 pound of pork, I can take an entire hog. I take multiple hogs. In NY it was turkey and deer. I lived on venison most of the year. I'd take the maximum doe and bucks that I could.
What makes it fun? Literally everything. From learning how to use a game call, to learning what to look for when climbing a tree (deer) so you don't wind up getting injured or killed, how to judge wind, how to accurately and humanely dispatch an animal with 1 shot not wounding it for it to suffer.

Things you don't understand because you've never experienced. That's what makes it fun. Venture out of the comfort and confines of a city or HOA. Try it sometime. Might not be your cup of tea, still might not understand it. But that will happen when you take things for granted via the super market.
I'll add one more life lesson to the mix.

If I take your cell phone, and give you a few things, and blind fold you, take you into the woods. Would you be able to get out? Would you be able to use the tools I give you to
1. Build shelter.
2. Build fire.
3. Feed yourself.
4. Be able to find your way to civilization.

Would you be able to do that?
Would you know how to travel about in the woods without getting bit by a venomous snake? Would you be able to travel about without losing your footing and tumbling down the side of a mountain, get stuck in mud causing a hyper extension/dislocation/fracture? Would you be able to set a fracture should you break an arm or leg? Would you be able to maintain the rifle I give you? The swamps where I grew up were like quicksand. It did not take much to get stuck and many kids and adults alike have succumbed to those areas winding up anchored in mud with the consistency of wet fresh poured concrete. The more they struggled the deeper they'd get. Hell I've had a four wheeler get stuck and retrieved my truck with a winch and came back to it minutes later with only the handlebars being visible.

Those are things you do not learn in school. Or college. Those are things you're taught when hunting.
Would you know what plants are poisonous? How to make drinkable water? Would you know what to look for in an animal before dispatching it? Or would you wind up getting violently ill?

Now guided hunts those skills above won't typically be necessary but they would be valuable should there be a detrimental unforseen issue. Say... the guide has an underlying heart issue and drops dead on the spot. And you are in foreign land.
An attack by some sort of vicious animal wounding/killing the guide. Battery in the radio goes dead. No way to communicate. The vehicle ran out of fuel.

Survival skills are hand in hand with hunting. You are taught to be able to sustain in the woods. What to look for, how to navigate both with and without a compass.
Google maps and Google Earth may not be an option. Siri may go dead.

It's more than dumping a bottle of mask, throwing on some real tree, grab yer gun and go shoot creatures.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:01 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,507,432 times
Quote:
Ahh projection.
You assume it is bravado? LOL
You can't see the value in taking pride in your accomplishments?

It's no different taking a photo with a brand new car you just purchased. It's an accomplishment, that you're proud of. Yes... make it about bravado and fail to understand the basic idea that someone is proud of their accomplishment...

Old 07-02-2018, 09:06 AM

19,704 posts, read 12,279,826 times
Quote:
If some of you don't like that she likes to do it that is fine. But it was a legal hunt and she doesn't deserve to be harassed about it. Sure animals are defenseless against a human with a gun but that is how we manage the populations.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:11 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,792,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Because its more honest on the killing issue than buying meat in a grocery store, for one. Hunting was our primary mode of existence for most of our evolution. It might be the most natural activity for a human, and so revisiting it makes sense as an activity. I'd be curious to know how many of her critics eat meat or benefit from animal products.
This is the lie. Trophy hunting is not for meat. When someone kills a lion they are not going to eat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies