Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 11:13 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
NASA did not exist until 1958.
Oh right, that was the year Science was invented..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 11:13 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Well, I live in South Florida, and according to the news, the current temperature is 89 degrees, and the record high was 99 back in 1981.
Be prepared, they will make fun of you. They did me when I pointed out that our records are all from 1954.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:26 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Meaning that there were no valid global measurements taken before the mid 1900s. Meaning that NO CONCLUSIONS can be reached about guesses as to what the temperature was in 1700. Meaning that accurate global temperature recording didn't start until the mid 1900s at best. And probably later. Meaning that 50-75 years is too short a time to reach temperature conclusions. And not too short a time by a little bit. Try thousands of years. Normal random variance could be responsible for a 50 or 100 or 200 year record of increased temperatures. No action should be taken based on a pitifully small 75 year record.

And this is aggravated by the fact that 90% of climate scientists subscribe to a leftist-collectivist-social justice agenda, and that simply HAS to color not only the results of their "research", but even its design.

So as I'm writing this, a concept popped into my mind: "climate justice". It sounds absurd and perfect for a meme. Only guess what? It's a thing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_justice

Read some of this. And if you don't think climate science is filled with hateful, envious, anti-freedom, anti-individualism, anti-Capitalist, progressive PIGS, then you just aren't paying attention. Which begs the question: Can climate science be definable as a moral failing and a problem of character?

I:ve known a few people involved with climate study over the years , and they didn't seem any more interested in politics and economics, than other people, and certainly not to your degree.

I find the craziest conspiracy aspect to this, is not the notion that global warming is a lie, but that climate scientists as a group, are actually secret communists - you've been dumbed down, into accepting a black/white picture of what motivates people, and ideology.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:28 AM

25,577 posts, read 56,455,902 times
All I know is we don't have a 'real' winter in WI, anymore. Not since the 1990's. Very little snow comparatively speaking - haven't needed the snow blower for at least two years, not much in the way of really bad below zero temps. When I was a kid, we'd have 20 below and temps never rising above 0 for two weeks straight.

I've lived here all my life -- 76 years. It's never been so warm. My AC has been running every single day for at least six weeks. That, too, is unusual.

All anecdotal, but it's what we're living with in WI.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
All I know is we don't have a 'real' winter in WI, anymore. Not since the 1990's. Very little snow comparatively speaking - haven't needed the snow blower for at least two years, not much in the way of really bad below zero temps. When I was a kid, we'd have 20 below and temps never rising above 0 for two weeks straight.

I've lived here all my life -- 76 years. It's never been so warm. My AC has been running every single day for at least six weeks. That, too, is unusual.

All anecdotal, but it's what we're living with in WI.
And they will accept this as global warming. But if I was to say it was cooler than normal here, they would say it is just weather.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:40 AM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
And then there is this sign of a warming planet.....

The fish that usually define the West Coast are moving north, raising big questions about how a warming climate is affecting northern ecosystems. And it’s not just pink and chum salmon anymore: other southern species including coho, sockeye and Atlantic salmon are starting to show up as well.

https://thenarwhal.ca/salmon-are-sho...ecord-numbers/

I began commercial fishing for salmon in 1979 on the south coast of British Columbia, and over the years found myself fishing further and further north eventually ending up fishing near the Alaska border.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:45 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
More signs of global warming. I expect the same nonsense, inanities, and vacuous comments from the Global Warming denialists. The rising worldwide temperatures are what are predicted from anthropological climate change. The science is settled on this matter.

The purpose of this thread is to point out the trends. If you care about future generations, you will want action taken immediately. If not, I suppose they can just burn.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...cid=spartanntp
"Global Warming"? Get with it Treebeard it's Climate Change! Global warming went out with the 90s

I do believe in Human caused Climate change, but human population growth is the main problem, and specifically in China and India, as we try to reduce ours. China of course received major relief from the US rejected Paris Accord, while the US was penalized

One specific type air pollution, commonly known as PM2.5 — shorthand for particulate matter 2.5 micrometers in diameter or smaller — is especially harmful. For perspective, the diameter of a human hair is 50-70 micrometers, so particles that are 2.5 micrometers or smaller are very fine and inhalable.

PM2.5 is typically generated by combustion — either from fires, automobiles, or factories — and this type of air pollution has been linked to a number of health issues, including asthma, lung infections, heart attacks, and premature death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._concentration

Last edited by LS Jaun; 07-16-2018 at 12:00 PM..

Old 07-16-2018, 11:45 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
And they will accept this as global warming. But if I was to say it was cooler than normal here, they would say it is just weather.
Not true. Climate scientists don’t rely on anecdotes to determine whether or not the global average temperature is warming.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:46 AM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Where is
"here" and what is your source?

Old 07-16-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Not true. Climate scientists don’t rely on anecdotes to determine whether or not the global average temperature is warming.
The CD "experts" do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies