Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2018, 09:46 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times

Advertisements

He called the police over a pool pass.

Screw that guy. This is what should happen to anyone who tries to use the police for their insecurities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 09:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
White people generally don't care about slurs against them because we work hard and our lives are generally very good. People become obsessed with "racism" and slurs when their lives are garbage and they need someone to blame.

Sentient marshmallow talking here. I give a rat's ass.
Nonsense. You can play the insouciant white person all you want....you can be slurred and insulted and it WILL hurt real bad when said by the right person in the right situation. And I mean hurt YOU!! Your life ain’t that damn good!

Go find a black or Hispanic person that’s a lot more successful than you with a better life than you can dream of living (shouldn’t be hard to find) and insult them racially...see how that works out for ya! 👌🏿

You’re trying to make excuses for rude and nasty people by trashing the victim of a slur. It’s BS and it’s definitely not passing the smell test. You know better.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:55 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
She said right on the video that he didn’t ask anyone else for ID. He didn’t dispute that assertion.

So if he didn’t ask them, he shouldn’t have asked HER!! That’s how it goes. I wanna get away with everything that you get away with. You didn’t ask the white folks, then you’d better not ask me.
Maybe he checked theirs recently or remembered them. He obviously never had seen her before. That's how it goes. If he has the right to ask at his discretion, then he has that right. Unless you are in his head, then you have no idea of his history with other patrons that were there that day.

Quote:
A lot of you folks continue to think that Trump’s election has changed the previous arrangement, and that you’ll now be able to get away with things that you couldn’t get away with before.
LOL. what "arrangement" is that? Do tell.

Quote:
But perish the thought. The arrangement is stil exactly the same. Dude let Trump get his ass fired. Make sure that you don’t do the same.
These incidents happen every day, and most will never make the news. Don't fool yourself into thinking that one social media / MSM target means that you have some magic protection where Black people get a nationwide pass to not have to do what others have to. Most of the time this either just goes away or goes bad for the person who has the cops called on them. She should have shown her pass upon request.

Moreover, don't underestimate the political cost of this. Every time that national news is made in regard to someone losing their job over a non-incident that is spun by your political group, more political capital is created for an eventual law, to reinforce the protection of the first amendment, that prohibits employers from firing people for political speech or such politically questionable events (where racism is assumed by the Left but certainly cannot be proven).

Old 07-06-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionswitchandsignal View Post
And we in the South have a few for them. LOL
Yeah, we know. The South: home of American racial strife and crimes against humanity. Where people bomb churches and kill children in the process.

Too bad that you mostly have to keep those slurs to yourself though.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Nonsense. You can play the insouciant white person all you want....you can be slurred and insulted and it WILL hurt real bad when said by the right person in the right situation. And I mean hurt YOU!! Your life ain’t that damn good!

Go find a black or Hispanic person that’s a lot more successful than you with a better life than you can dream of living (shouldn’t be hard to find) and insult them racially...see how that works out for ya! ����

You’re trying to make excuses for rude and nasty people by trashing the victim of a slur. It’s BS and it’s definitely not passing the smell test. You know better.

no its more like taking the power of the insult away from the people making it. people can insult me all they want i just dont care because i dont let words affect me. in fact in my opinion it is the smaller person that decides they have to insult others to feel good about themselves. you want to call me a marshmallow, go ahead, i dont care. you can use any other insults against me as well, in my opinion it makes the person doing the insulting look bad.

oh and by the way, i dont care how successful others become, in fact i applaud them for doing well as they earned it.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no its more like taking the power of the insult away from the people making it. people can insult me all they want i just dont care because i dont let words affect me. in fact in my opinion it is the smaller person that decides they have to insult others to feel good about themselves. you want to call me a marshmallow, go ahead, i dont care. you can use any other insults against me as well, in my opinion it makes the person doing the insulting look bad.
Everyone makes that claim, but I know better. Words have power, and they can hurt like hell when delivered with the proper dose of nastiness.

That’s why there’s a such term as “fightin’ words,’ and black folks didn’t invent that term. That tells me all I need to know.

Insults make the person doing the insulting look bad? See, I don’t buy it. Trump constantly insults people and shows lack of class...his supporters love him even more every time he does it.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Everyone makes that claim, but I know better. Words have power, and they can hurt like hell when delivered with the proper dose of nastiness.

That’s why there’s a such term as “fightin’ words,’ and black folks didn’t invent that term. That tells me all I need to know.

Insults make the person doing the insulting look bad? See, I don’t buy it. Trump constantly insults people and shows lack of class...his supporters love him even more every time he does it.

words only have power if you let them. if not they have no power. and you dont think that trump insulting people doesnt make him look bad? i know you are not a trump supporter, but you obviously believe his insults do make him look bad.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:13 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
You seem pretty hurt that white people aren't more hurt.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:22 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,626,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
In today's climate, that's not necessarily what that means. He could very well be attempting to stave off the mob.

Not showing ID that you have on you upon it being requested is strange and anti-community. It means that people can go into private pools, refuse to show identity, and then have no fear that they will be ejected lest the person calling the police lose their job.

This entire scenario is merely a move toward further black-privilege wherein holding them to normal standards of behavior gets you fired.
YES!...because you know blacks are so privileged in this country !

Old 07-06-2018, 10:22 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
All these excuses for Bloom. This is why I hope what happened to him keeps happening to other fools who lie about their intentions and call cops to try and do their dirty work.

The police are for emergencies, not insecurities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies