Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 07:20 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
There are 300 million Americans in my country, many of whom need help in life. I am compelled to help them before I do people who break the law and come here illegally.

I think of it like the pre-flight warnings we receive to put our oxygen masks on ourselves before assisting others.

I am compelled to help my fellow Americans before invading foreigners, and I don't think twice of it.
I wasn't suggesting you should not help your fellow Americans. You answered the question anyway by acknowledging they need help. Why do you label people who need help with a term like "invaders"?

Old 07-09-2018, 07:30 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I wasn't suggesting you should not help your fellow Americans. You answered the question anyway by acknowledging they need help. Why do you label people who need help with a term like "invaders"?
Because they are.

By every definition of the word, they are invading. Their personal situations do not change the fact that they break the law when they come here, and then they utilize resources that should be earmarked for our own citizens.

By all means be a bleeding heart and do what compels you to help these people. Your heavy-handed guilt does not compel me however to transfer my concerns to these illegals, when I see so many of my fellow Americans in need of help themselves. My philanthropic output will remain with my own people.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:35 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
What is this world coming to, with one year olds crying hysterically. That never used to happen. Welcome to Trump's America!
damn that trump!

Old 07-09-2018, 07:38 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
What a farce - if you read the article "A 1-year-old boy in federal custody who appeared in immigration court without his parents in Phoenix briefly played with a ball, drank from a bottle, then “cried hysterically” as he was about to leave the courtroom Friday, according to The Associated Press." Probably because he wanted to play with the ball.

These are the laws people - each member is taken to court separately - only Congress can change the law - and to remind those so anti-Trump - the Democrats controlled the House, Senate and WH from 2009 - 2011 and yet did nothing to address these problems. They were only concerned with pushing Obamacare. Most of these laws were enacted under Clinton and the last 2 yrs of the Bush presidency when the Dems controlled everything - so blame your makers - not Trump.

I don't think most Democrats realize what a fail the Democrats were and the only thing they think about is being re-elected. If they actually addressed these problems instead of holding on to them to try to win elections - they may not have to try so hard to beat their opponent as they'd have something they have physical addressed and righted to add to their resume.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:39 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Deplorables defending despicable treatment of children.

Anyone surprised?

Old 07-09-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Deplorables defending despicable treatment of children.

Anyone surprised?
Oh get over yourself. Your hysteria should be embarrassing.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:43 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Because they are.

By every definition of the word, they are invading. Their personal situations do not change the fact that they break the law when they come here, and then they utilize resources that should be earmarked for our own citizens.

By all means be a bleeding heart and do what compels you to help these people. Your heavy-handed guilt does not compel me however to transfer my concerns to these illegals, when I see so many of my fellow Americans in need of help themselves. My philanthropic output will remain with my own people.
I'm not that big into the immigration debate. I don't know what it takes to get here legally so I don't know if these people had other options or not. I'm trying to understand where people are coming from that use dehumanizing terms for them. I do believe it is unethical to make an example of these people by separating their children from them.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:53 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
I'm not that big into the immigration debate. I don't know what it takes to get here legally so I don't know if these people had other options or not. I'm trying to understand where people are coming from that use dehumanizing terms for them. I do believe it is unethical to make an example of these people by separating their children from them.
It is unethical and immoral.

However, there's money to be made in kidnapping these kids.

https://twitter.com/christoq/status/1015739005692854274

Anyone surprised?

Old 07-09-2018, 07:58 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Oh get over yourself. Your hysteria should be embarrassing.
You should be embarrassed when you try to normalize trials of infants, some of which are performed without any representation of the infant whatsoever. This is not what a developed society should be doing - its objectively reprehensible. But some people are so terrified of the illegal immigrant boogeyman that they have jettisoned their moral compass, as well as any semblance of humanity, to selfishly soothe those unfounded fears at the extreme expense of others, including infants.

Last edited by TEPLimey; 07-09-2018 at 08:12 AM..

Old 07-09-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I don't believe it is dehumanizing to call a situation what it is. I am a resident of Texas, which sees an exorbitant amount of illegal immigration, and I bear witness to the aftermath on a regular basis here. Illegals raping women, shooting and stabbing others, causing fatal car wrecks, cartel activity right here in Austin ... it's a crisis that many are choosing to ignore in favor of hang-wringing and pity. We have enough crime already. We must do all we can to prevent more.

We cannot build facilities large enough and fast enough to properly house the number of people coming here. We've spent billions of dollars in this state dealing with illegal immigration. Billions of dollars that belong to our residents, that could serve our needs, but instead are used to house, clothe, feed, and provide medical care for people who operate above the law and come here illegally. Children are often separated from adults not out of state-sponsored cruelty, but because of lack of space in our facilities that are not equipped to keep the children safe and separate from the adults. After many reports of children being sexually abused by adults while detained in these facilities, immediate changes had to be made in order to provide better safety to the kids. So while we spend more tax dollars building dedicated facilities to keep these illegal kids safer, people begin beating up on the U.S. for separating children. It's a no-win situation for the people tasked with herding all these illegals and yet there is one solution already in our law books that can solve the problem: send them all home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies