Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 08:49 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
How long does it take to grow a backbone? None of them has one.
A few hundred million years of evolution, unfortunately.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:51 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
The solution you seem to favor is in plain sight, written in the preamble of the Declaration. You and your friends simply lack the gonads to make it happen. If you don't like the Constitution, amend it. If you can't stomach the government, either move, or exercise your right and "duty to throw off such Government".
Section 1. "All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives."

At this point, the Senate and House have the power to do something and Republicans control both at this point.

Where that stands on Nov. 7th is another matter.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:54 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Default Trump Feels GOP Heat on Putin, But Will It Linger?

With sharp statements that underscored a deep disconnect between the president and his party's orthodoxy in dealing with Russia, GOP lawmakers condemned Donald Trump's apparent appeasement of Vladimir Putin in Helsinki on Monday.

After President Trump undermined U.S. intelligence and Justice Department officials by calling the Russian president "extremely strong and powerful in his denial" of interference in the 2016 presidential election, a substantial number of his fellow Republicans distanced themselves from his assessment.

Newt Gingrich, staunch defender of the president, said Trump needed to revise his statements about the intelligence community and Putin. "It is the most serious mistake of his presidency and must be corrected - immediately,"

Trump Feels GOP Heat on Putin, But Will It Linger?

Old 07-17-2018, 08:55 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Section 1. "All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives."

At this point, the Senate and House have the power to do something and Republicans control both at this point.

Where that stands on Nov. 7th is another matter.
Your so optimistic, God Bless you. Hope your right.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:04 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I must have missed the big news release. I just watched this morning, and at that time they hadn't released a tape of the meeting between the two. What did Trump say?

All I saw was the short speech from each of them after they emerged from their private meeting. Not much was said by either of them. I was a little surprised that Trump backed off the intelligence findings, but then I remembered how badly Bush/Cheney were chastised because they believed U.S. intel about Iraq's hidden/buried WMDs.

I was in Air Force intelligence. (Does not mean I'm intelligent.)

I'm not jumping either way at this point. Not enough information. Guess what. Probably nobody in the media has enough either. Probably none of you posting here have enough. Let's wait and see.
I don't think that Bush and Cheney were attacked for believing Intel. They were attacked for not taking it to the UN.

And, once the Intel proved faulty (and yes, Intel can be wrong sometimes) they stayed the course instead of backing out of Iraq.

But, the initial Intel? Plenty of people were willing to go along with the program over that.

Just like the Russian hacking intel. Could it somehow be wrong or misinterpreted? Absolutely. Should a president of this country go on stage being so sure it's wrong and that Putin is totally not lying?

No... that would never be appropriate. Ever.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:07 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I thought the Loonies were the compassionate ones, worried about refugees and children. Putin and Trump want to get Syria sorted so many refugees can return to Syria. Why is that a bad thing?

I highly recommend people watch Chris Wallace's interview with Putin to hear what mainstream media censors. Then be brave and think for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHY8yG4mVzs
Given the number of Syrians Putin has had murdered, do you really think he's itching to help those folks out?

LOL. That's a stretch.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:19 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Fox News host Neil Cavuto annihilates Donald Trump for his behavior yesterday.

https://twitter.com/politvidchannel/...20952398249991

Old 07-17-2018, 09:21 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Fox News host Neil Cavuto annihilates Donald Trump for his behavior yesterday.

https://twitter.com/politvidchannel/...20952398249991

I guess Fox news is now fake too.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:22 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
And now for some much-needed comic relief, Randy Rainbow just came out with a new video "A Very Stable Genius".

I have to admit, I watched quite a few of his vids last night, trying to get the taste of vomit out of my mouth after that so-called 'summit'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-LTRwZb35A

Old 07-17-2018, 09:24 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Given the number of Syrians Putin has had murdered, do you really think he's itching to help those folks out?

LOL. That's a stretch.
I was surprised that the cheeto could pronounce a six-syllable word like 'humanitarian'. He probably had to practice that, since I doubt that word ever crossed his lips in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies