Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 07:48 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Trump received a briefing with top-secret intel two weeks before he was sworn in, and shown "overwhelming" evidence that Russia intelligence hacked the United States' 2016 election

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1019768906557394947
Oh, and this is true?

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but if it were true, do you think and actually believe they'd know?
The briefing was behind closed doors...no one knows about it, except the people involved in the meeting.

Nor does anyone know what was discussed....Geeze Lousie, if this were true, then I'd say our intelligence is a bunch of hacks.

they will say and do anything...good Lord?????

Old 07-19-2018, 07:49 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm beginning to think its futile...
It is. The 32% who approve of the way Trump behaved with Putin, who can watch Trump and his constant lies and insults and still support him, ... are not going to be changing what's left of their minds at this point.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:52 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It is. The 32% who approve of the way Trump behaved with Putin, who can watch Trump and his constant lies and insults and still support him, ... are not going to be changing what's left of their minds at this point.
first off, those 32% are a bogus number, what polls, the one I didn't know about, nor did 1/2 of this country. If we'd listen to those polls and believe them, Hillary would now be our fearless leader, right? She was winning right?

Second, you didn't feel that way when Obama was lying...

Yanno, it's pretty darn crazy how everyone could by into their division Schemes....

I don't care who you voted for, or what your political affiliation is...I don't even like Trump....however, for everyone to be at each other's throats, insulting each other, buying all this drama, is.......

Old 07-19-2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
This is what the U.S. now looks like in the eyes of the world. I hope you're proud of yourselves, republicans. If so, you are the only ones. Everybody else thinks we're a laughingstock.

Trump-Putin Press Conference Reaction Via Newspaper Front Pages | Fortune
Not all that different from the newspaper headlines in the U.S.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:02 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,296,264 times
Quote:
yes, I actually was complaining about it...I am not a con...I am an independent, and not afraid to throw both those parties under the bus....I've talked about the Whitewater investigation a lot...matter of fact, back then I was shredding information at work, and my boss came in and said, "Wow, your here early!" And I looked up at him, while I was shredding old paperwork, and said, "Just call me Hillary". So, don't even go there b/c your wrong.

This is insane, this summit, all the money spent to be there and people are salavating over this still???????? Guess it doesn't take much?
So is that all that was discussed....

all of you, should be screaming at Washington and the Media, "Stop insulting my intelligence, and lets get on with it"!!!

Are you all that sold on carrying on this gossip for years.

Show me evidence or shut the heck up...period....that's what we should all be saying....to each and every person that keeps this crap going? What a waste of money and time. How stupid and foolish we look.

oh and btw, as far as the Benghazi Investigation; the Whitewater Investigation; the Clinton e-mails Investigation. How much money and time was wasted on them? Nothing was ever done then and nothing will be done now, so...lets get on with it, and let the media and Washington know, they are no longer fooling us...this is bull crap.
The Watergate investigation took 2 years, Mueller has only been at this for one. Investigating the high crimes of a president is not like investigating some drug dealer. Especially a president as blatantly corrupt as this one who has insulated himself behind layers and layers of just as corrupt individuals from his staff, to his campaign management.

Too many people in is orbit have been found to have questionable or even illegal ties to Russia. If he didn't know about it, than he is incompetent and should not be allowed to be president. IF he knew about them, he is treasonous and should not be allowed to be president.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:03 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
This is what the U.S. now looks like in the eyes of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not all that different from the newspaper headlines in the U.S.
Yep, it's pretty sad. Most of the country, and most of the world has no idea what the **** Donald Trump is doing. Trump has insulted our friends above and below with Canada & Mexico, and directly insulted leaders of our allies in Europe.

Trump bashes our friends Trudeau, May, and Merkel.....yet refuses to even lightly criticize Putin. #compromised #comrade

Old 07-19-2018, 08:08 AM

Appreciate the posts about how all the polls were wrong.

They were not.

The polls accurately predicted that more people would vote for Clinton and more people did. Millions more.

What the polls didn't predict were some statistically improbably wins in four surprise swing states

Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin have been reliably gone blue for a generation. Early voting had supposedly put Clinton in the win column in Florida.

But Trump won all four states with statistically improbable 1% wins. That's not how numbers work in the real world.

The is oft-repeated explanation is that "every professional pollster in the nation – despite each working independently and using differing methodologies – somehow managed to overlook the same pockets of Trump voters in these states. If such pockets did exist, they would have existed in varying sizes in each of the four states, thus resulting in different sized wins in each."

"Ask any statistician and they’ll tell you that a reasonable distribution of the results would have been Trump winning one of the states by one percent, won one of them by perhaps three percent, won one of them by two percent, lost one of them by one percent, or something along those lines. But instead the voting tallies looked startlingly different from any natural distribution. In fact they looked startlingly the same."

Rigged election: Donald Trump won every surprise swing state by the same 1% margin - Palmer Report

We learned that Russian propaganda FB ads were pushed in these states. However, Trump folks claim that such ads didn't influence their vote.

Trump folks also claim that his last minute rallies influenced voters. But really, if you weren't voting for Trump on Nov. 1st, what could he possibly say that that would change your mind on Nov. 5th?

That doesn't even make sense.

21 states had their election system targeted by hackers. The Wisconsin Election Commission stated the state's systems were targeted by "Russian government cyber actors."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ha...ackers-n804031

We have recently learned that Russian hackers accessed DNC voter analytics.

So we have Russian hackers with information on Democratic voters targeting state election systems and four states who went for Trump by the statistically improbable 1%, just high enough to avoid automatic recounts.

The pieces are starting to fall into place and inaccurate polling is not emerging as the winning explanation here.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:20 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
first off, those 32% are a bogus number, what polls, the one I didn't know about, nor did 1/2 of this country. If we'd listen to those polls and believe them, Hillary would now be our fearless leader, right? She was winning right?

Second, you didn't feel that way when Obama was lying...

Yanno, it's pretty darn crazy how everyone could by into their division Schemes....

I don't care who you voted for, or what your political affiliation is...I don't even like Trump....however, for everyone to be at each other's throats, insulting each other, buying all this drama, is.......
Is... necessary for the continuation of America as a nation founded on democratic principles that protects the freedom of all our citizens, not just the goose-steppers. Americans won't go quietly under the boot of a Russian oligarch - I can assure you of that. The people out here in the heartland that have many relatives that fought and died in two World Wars to stop the spread of fascism will not be easily intimidated or silenced. This WILL get noisy.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:29 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Trump is a bully. He's going to bully other people that he can bully. And like any bully, when he runs into a bigger bully, he turns weak and submits. Then especially, with respect to Putin, Trump derives his self-worth from his wealth and his power. While nobody knows how much Putin is actually worth, it seems like he actually has a lot more money than Trump, and Putin actually does order the murder of people.
By the metrics Trump uses to measure success and self-worth, Putin is a more successful bully than him. So Trump cowers around him.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump wins again. Libs are imploding.
Yep! Trump won the US a brand new soccer ball!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies