Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 09:38 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times

Advertisements

Tucker Carlson Tonight | Tucker Carlson | Fox News Channel

"Trump: I'm not pro-Russia, I just want our country safe"

Very good videos. The one commentary from Carlson about why Trump caved to his critics is very telling. Politicians make money from some countries so they leave them alone. They make no money from Russia so they are designated the enemy. It's all follow the money in Washington, to the American citizens detriment.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/581047196...#sp=show-clips

Old 07-18-2018, 09:42 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Very good videos. The one commentary from Carlson about why Trump caved to his critics is very telling. Politicians make money from some countries so they leave them alone. They make no money from Russia so they are designated the enemy. It's all follow the money in Washington, to the American citizens detriment.
The cheeto may not be pro-Russia, but he IS pro-Putin.

He gets a lot of money from Russia/Putin, so, will you follow your own advice..."Follow the money"!

Can you???
Dare you???

Old 07-18-2018, 09:57 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Janelle ,Tucker Carlson is another Trump butt kisser just like Hannity. If you want to believe that video go ahead. You Obviously are a follower of this Treasonous president, right or wrong he’s your guy. That is just pathetic. He wipes his feet on this country at the summit and you still believe this liar. He has always been a liar and con man. Wake up before its too late .....

Old 07-18-2018, 10:11 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
We have a mysterious secret agreement that Trump made with Russia and Trump doesn't want anyone to know the nature of that agreement? That's a rather serious problem for a country that has not previously been known as a dictatorship.

Did Trump throw Europe under the bus to gain control in the Middle East? Has Russia already started taking more control of the Ukraine? What in the world did Trump do, and why is he ashamed to let the world know what he did?
"While Washington is upset about the outcome of Trump’s summit meeting with Putin, Moscow is celebrating — and the Russian military says it’s preparing to act on the “agreements” reached between the two presidents in Helsinki."
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...d-and-says-he/
"Russia’s political and media establishment cheered the outcome of the one-day summit, which Finland’s Kauppalehti newspaper summarized with the simple headline: “Trump 0 - Putin 1.”

Some analysts worried before the summit that − in exchange for Russia’s help in the Middle East − Mr. Trump might give Mr. Putin an informal green light to make further moves in Ukraine.

On Tuesday, Mr. Poroshenko warned that Russian military activity was increasing around Mariupol, a strategic Ukrainian port between separatist-controlled Donetsk and Russian-ruled Crimea.

“We will not tolerate Russian and foreign ships moving towards Ukrainian ports,” Mr. Poroshenko wrote on his Facebook and Twitter accounts. “We are ready to defend our land even if we must do it alone, without international support.”
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...-putin-summit/

7,826 posts, read 2,727,141 times
Retiring GOPers say the darndest things....but this is pretty dang accurate

Remember the movie Deliverance

2,418 posts, read 2,035,924 times
[quote=evilcart;52530765

ask yourself Briderrider, if Putin is such a good dude, why has he enriched a handful of people while impoverishing his own? Why did Putin seize power for life by removing term limits put in place precisely to avoid another "Stalin"
[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's a good guy, far from it. In 30+ years of really paying attention, I don't like any of them, from any country, the USA + Trump included. My argument continues to be 1) keep your friends close, enemies closer, 2) quit believing the experts and only one side - experts are a joke & there's ALWAYS more to the story - learn all you can before making up your mind & even then, realize you're still not 100% informed, and 3) compromise. We are wasting too much time on everything else - we will never make progress until we accept that none of us gets everything we want.

For me, the jury is still out. Trump *may* be the devil incarnate, but there is a glut of coal shovelers from both sides keeping Hell's furnace stoked. Shameful.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:26 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I thought we might one day have a Manchurian candidate , but i thought both parties and our appointed bodies would rally instantly to end such an event.

But it turns out Republicans have put personal interests and greed ahead of nation ,honor and justice.
My understanding of a Manchurian Candidate is that it involves brainwashing by a foreign entity to reach some end (assassination in the case of the novel). I can't say I'll go that far - not even as far as brainwashing.

But! I will agree with the second half of your sentence. I did think that the primary system would suppress a candidate such as Trump. But the underlying winner-take-all Republican primary system backfired. The field was pretty much Trump and Republican Establishment. No doubt that Trump won those primaries as per the rules (the same way he won the general as per the rules) However, the rules of the primary backfired on the Republican party. Trump reached critical mass due to wins with a small portion of the vote. He definitely won, but due to the nature of winner-take-all, by the time he field was winnowed down, Trump had a huge lead. Albeit, since in my opinion, Trump hit "critical mass" (people want to vote for a winner), since he had a sizeable delegate lead, it was too late for a single candidate to consolidate and lead an effective opposition.

In reality, the field should never have that many candidates IF the system is winner-take-all. It allows for one candidate with a more radical following to win the nomination.

And even after the election, I remember saying "Well, Republicans aren't crazy. They'll keep him in check. They'll cross the aisles with Democrats for some common sense control on the President since even they aren't that crazy."

Yet... here we are. And pretty much the only Republicans speaking out against Trump are following the general rule of:
  • Republicans that are retiring/resigning and aren't up for re-election
  • Republicans that are likely dying (poor John McCain)
  • Republicans that speak out against Trump, but hold the party line when it counts (Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham, etc)

Old 07-18-2018, 10:28 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times
The Tucker Carlson-Trump interview showed both to be the ignorant fools many think they are. The subject of Montenegro's NATO membership was brought up along with the notion that the US might have to go to war for Montenegro. Trump further implied that the nation was very aggressive suggesting they might start a war which the US would have to get involved in. The NATO article (#5) regarding mutual defense however clearly states that other nations would only be required to defend a fellow member IF IT WAS ATTACKED. An act of aggression by a nation member would not require other members to help defend it. Furthermore, if either Carlson or Trump knew their history, there has only been one instance where this NATO article was ever invoked. It was only done so in defense of the USA after the 9/11 attacks.

NATO Collective defence - Article 5
https://www.nato.int/cps/ua/natohq/topics_110496.htm

Old 07-18-2018, 10:37 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Tucker: The main reason Trump's Russia critics hate him | On Air Videos | Fox News
Janelle, do you know what Occam's Razor is?

Old 07-18-2018, 10:46 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yes they have. The Republicans have abrogated their constitutional responsibilities. It is very clear. Based on the events of the last two weeks, the dark future for America is as clear as a bell to me.

I will make a prediction now as to the immediate future of Our once great nation.

Soon many grand jury, criminal, indictments will fall on Trump, his family and inner circle, Handed down by Mueller and New York's attorney general.
Trump will fire Rosenstein and Mueller.
He will then pardon himself and everyone Mueller has indicted.
His actions will be contested all the way to the SCOTUS
Trump will win the SCOTUS case.
Trump will unleash his rabid base of core supporters on the streets in demonstrations, looking to provoke violence.
As soon as violence occurs, he will declare martial law, effectively stopping the 2018 midterms and preventing the democrats from taking over congress.
By 2020, the Russians will totally control our antiquated election system and control the vote for president.

Our once great Democracy will be gone.

I know this sounds drastic but it really is the logical next series of events as there is no way the republicans will ever stand up to Trump and defend the constitution and the nation. They have willingly forfeited their leadership to a dictatorial maniac.

I truly believe this to be the immediate future for our nation based on the republican responses to Trump's actions over the last 18 months.

Sorry for the downer post but somebody has to say the obvious.
Now now...I think this a well thought out post and unfortunately it does fall within the realm of possibility, that in and of itself is heart breaking. Mueller has a history and has demonstrated himself to being a pretty buttoned up guy. We don't know how the country will respond to the facts being presented in this fiasco. And we don't really know what those facts are other than some stories, hints and indictments here and there. The Mueller team is a like nuclear powered submarine that occasionally comes to the surface with some indictments and re-submerges. None of us really knows jack of what happened other than Mueller.

I think this week was one of the worst weeks in this country's history. We had a President of the US demonstrate an unprecedented spinelessness on the world stage and brought shame and humiliation to this country. He threw us underneath a bus and I don't know how any American could not be offended by this. But, if there is any redeeming value to the events this week is that we witnessed a break from long standing and enthusiastic Trump supporters and cheerleaders. Maybe that break is somewhat tepid but look at it as a good sign. If Mueller lays down the hammer with hard facts on the degree of Trump team's involvement with Russian military in this election, there will not be enough of the pro Trump die hards to save him. It would only take losing 15% to 20% of his base to end this tragic part of US history. Keep the faith, this is still a great country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies