Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 09:35 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, I actually was complaining about it...I am not a con...I am an independent, and not afraid to throw both those parties under the bus.....
LOL. No one, and I mean NO ONE who reads your posts believes you are an independent. You have been carrying water for Trump from the very beginning. You can't make a ridiculous statement like that and then post the kind of things you've been posting in this forum and expect anyone to believe you. You are a cultist, through and through.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:39 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,444,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This is scary to think about, but it's the territory we're approaching....

Would Trump's base even care if Donald flat out and said "sure, we may have had help from Russia. But we did it to beat crooked Hillary!" Would Trumpers care?

https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/sta...01792722710528
I’ve long said exactly this. No, I do not support Trump but if he weren’t such a narcissist and unwilling to accept the direction things are going for his administration, then he’d address the nation from the Oval and say:

....yes, I worked with the Russian government to influence the 2016 election but only because there was too much to lose with Hillary in office.

His supporters would eat that **** up, even if Mueller finds he was in office to make a profit from Russia.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:44 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
LOL. No one, and I mean NO ONE who reads your posts believes you are an independent. You have been carrying water for Trump from the very beginning. You can't make a ridiculous statement like that and then post the kind of things you've been posting in this forum and expect anyone to believe you. You are a cultist, through and through.
I guess you never read my posts that said, I am disappointed in him, with his mouth...and the things he says...

and yes, I am an independent, I don't lie and I don't like being called a liar....and yes, I was for Trump in the very beginning, and still am...I will never say I'm not pleased with what he has done up until now, however, sometimes I'd like to say to him, "if you'd keep your mouth shut, they wouldn't be able to twist your words...and then you back slide" so, please, don't JAM (lol) words in my mouth or pretend to know my character....

Yes, I voted for him but am not at all afraid to say when I'm displeased with him...

now if you'd do your homework, look way back into my posts way before Trump even announced he was running, I was writing about me being an Independent.

Am I conservative, yes, I am, but, I did vote for Obama in his first term...so??????

And you'll find that comment all throughout my posts, if you do your homework.

and besides, calling me names isn't going to affect me one bit...yeah, years ago it used to, as you know, but no more.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:48 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I guess you never read my posts that said, I am disappointed in him, with his mouth...and the things he says...

and yes, I am an independent, I don't lie and I don't like being called a liar....and yes, I was for Trump in the very beginning, and still am...I will never say I'm not pleased with what he has done up until now, however, sometimes I'd like to say to him, "if you'd keep your mouth shut, they wouldn't be able to twist your words...and then you back slide" so, please, don't JAM (lol) words in my mouth or pretend to know my character....

Yes, I voted for him but am not at all afraid to say when I'm displeased with him...
I only go by what I read here. I'm sure you think you're an independent, but there is absolutely nothing that says "independent voter" about any of your posts.

But keep on deluding yourself that you truly are independent. Your posts will continue to speak for themselves.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:07 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
"Putin has slowly - and things are speeding up - been ceding more and more authority to the Russian Orthodox Church. And he has has slowly - and things are speeding up - been reviving Tsarist Russian nationalism. 100,000 Russians participated in a remembrance of the Romanovs this week.

Putin is never going to crown himself Tsar obviously, because that would be slightly on the nose. But he is reaching the point of Tsar in all but name. And the church is backing him, to the suffering of all other religions - including all other Christian sects.

American white nationalists aren't smart enough to see the danger is fusing the state with the Orthodox church. From a distance, they see it as fusing the state with Christianity. A white nationalist Christian nation is what they want, and that's what they see Russia as.

That kind of country can ONLY exist under a strongman dictator.

The good news in all of this is that Trump is a fat 72 year old man who is frankly not that bright. So, I don't think he's remotely capable of pulling off this kind of movement. At the same time, I'm not sure there are really any other American politician has the personal charisma of Trump to follow him. Trumpism is - thankfully - a one man operation (at least I'm 99 percent sure that is the case).

The concern is that around 1/3 of the electorate would clearly follow a charismatic leader down this path. And that's more than enough to destroy a country.
"

Old 07-19-2018, 10:53 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Appreciate the posts about how all the polls were wrong.

They were not.

The polls accurately predicted that more people would vote for Clinton and more people did. Millions more.

What the polls didn't predict were some statistically improbably wins in four surprise swing states

Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin have been reliably gone blue for a generation. Early voting had supposedly put Clinton in the win column in Florida.

But Trump won all four states with statistically improbable 1% wins. That's not how numbers work in the real world.

The is oft-repeated explanation is that "every professional pollster in the nation – despite each working independently and using differing methodologies – somehow managed to overlook the same pockets of Trump voters in these states. If such pockets did exist, they would have existed in varying sizes in each of the four states, thus resulting in different sized wins in each."

"Ask any statistician and they’ll tell you that a reasonable distribution of the results would have been Trump winning one of the states by one percent, won one of them by perhaps three percent, won one of them by two percent, lost one of them by one percent, or something along those lines. But instead the voting tallies looked startlingly different from any natural distribution. In fact they looked startlingly the same."

Rigged election: Donald Trump won every surprise swing state by the same 1% margin - Palmer Report

We learned that Russian propaganda FB ads were pushed in these states. However, Trump folks claim that such ads didn't influence their vote.

Trump folks also claim that his last minute rallies influenced voters. But really, if you weren't voting for Trump on Nov. 1st, what could he possibly say that that would change your mind on Nov. 5th?

That doesn't even make sense.

21 states had their election system targeted by hackers. The Wisconsin Election Commission stated the state's systems were targeted by "Russian government cyber actors."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ha...ackers-n804031

We have recently learned that Russian hackers accessed DNC voter analytics.

So we have Russian hackers with information on Democratic voters targeting state election systems and four states who went for Trump by the statistically improbable 1%, just high enough to avoid automatic recounts.

The pieces are starting to fall into place and inaccurate polling is not emerging as the winning explanation here.

Could not rep, but interesting reading. I had read that Palmer report also.

Here is what the Washington Post reported three weeks after the election:

"The most important states, though, were Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Trump won those states by 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percentage points, respectively — and by 10,704, 46,765 and 22,177 votes. Those three wins gave him 46 electoral votes; if Clinton had done one point better in each state, she'd have won the electoral vote, too."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f76f720f7745

It is curious, at the least.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:02 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I only go by what I read here. I'm sure you think you're an independent, but there is absolutely nothing that says "independent voter" about any of your posts.

But keep on deluding yourself that you truly are independent. Your posts will continue to speak for themselves.
well, that's your opinion, like I said, go back and read, first before you acc
use people...or attack them for being something they are not....

Yes, I am conservative, but just b/c I voted for Trump doesn't mean I'm what you "think" I am...

I don't have to delude myself or anyone...for that matter...think what you like, there are others here who know I am an independent, shall I scan my registration and post it? Sheeesh....

I swear, if dems can't agree with someone with a different opinion than theirs, they will surely go to lengths to insult them...

like I said before, stop with the personal attack, this is a thread about Trump not about me not being an Independent....

please don't call me a liar....that is so wrong....and BTW, if you only go by what you've read here, then that isn't much...is it...or, perhaps you do need to do your homework, before accusing someone of being something they are not?

Old 07-19-2018, 11:08 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Could not rep, but interesting reading. I had read that Palmer report also.

Here is what the Washington Post reported three weeks after the election:

"The most important states, though, were Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Trump won those states by 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percentage points, respectively — and by 10,704, 46,765 and 22,177 votes. Those three wins gave him 46 electoral votes; if Clinton had done one point better in each state, she'd have won the electoral vote, too."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f76f720f7745

It is curious, at the least.
So it wasn't all 1%. It was 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percentage points.

Thanks for the correct info.

I thought under 1% automatically triggered a recount. No?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 07-19-2018 at 11:33 AM..

Old 07-19-2018, 11:14 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Putin was clear in the interview that he wanted Trump to win.

Mueller was clear in the indictments that there were Russian military folks who worked on that.

Trump has been clear that he doesn't believe that. Even in his would/wouldn't announcement, he was clear that it could have been anybody.

So who you gonna believe, Putin, Mueller, the Intelligence Community, and the FBI or Trump?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 07-19-2018 at 11:34 AM..

Old 07-19-2018, 11:50 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,600,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Polls are starting to come in.

According to CBS poll, only 32% of Americans approve of Trump's performance at the summit.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-tr...tion-meddling/
No, the headline is not "only 32%".

It should read, "why do 1/3 of Americans approve Trump's performance at the summit." I can't believe that his base is so clouded that they actually will side with an unpatriotic president in cahoots with a KGB agent. How did the USA fall so low?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies