Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 02:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
No one is trying to impress you. You keep mentioning liberals and welfare. Like we are all takers. Not true. We are cops, teachers, doctors, social workers, construction workers, Priests, business men. We make our livings and pay our taxes. You keep saying we are all takers. Perhaps what you dont understand is that together we are stronger. But interpret that how you like.
I never said that all liberals are on welfare. I did say that welfare recipients tend to lean left, buying into this agenda of high taxes and expecting government give them a basic income, free healthcare, others want more welfare and the Sanders croud. Do you hear of Republicans demanding a basic income? I do agree that welfare exists on both sides.

The Democratic party is no longer the party of the poor and middle class. It's the party of the rich, only the rich use the poor who believe the rhetoric from the rich, while the rich get richer and the poor either stay the same or get poorer. They actually thought that Obama was going to be a savior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
No one is trying to impress you. You keep mentioning liberals and welfare. Like we are all takers. Not true. We are cops, teachers, doctors, social workers, construction workers, Priests, business men. We make our livings and pay our taxes. You keep saying we are all takers. Perhaps what you dont understand is that together we are stronger. But interpret that how you like.
The difference is the Democratic party encourages dependency instead of encouraging self sufficiency "The best thing anyone can do for society is to be able to provide for oneself and their family.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:52 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,177,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I never said that all liberals are on welfare. I did say that welfare recipients tend to lean left, buying into this agenda of high taxes and expecting government give them a basic income, free healthcare, others want more welfare and the Sanders croud. Do you hear of Republicans demanding a basic income? I do agree that welfare exists on both sides.

The Democratic party is no longer the party of the poor and middle class. It's the party of the rich, only the rich use the poor who believe the rhetoric from the rich, while the rich get richer and the poor either stay the same or get poorer. They actually thought that Obama was going to be a savior.
Quite a few welfare and disability recipients are Trump supporters, particularly in rural Appalachia.

4,587 posts, read 2,602,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

The Democratic party is no longer the party of the poor and middle class. It's the party of the rich, only the rich use the poor who believe the rhetoric from the rich, while the rich get richer and the poor either stay the same or get poorer.
Well as a Progressive I am perfectly willing to further modify welfare. I see many abuses. I am also willing to have a partial wall on the Southern Boarder. Most Libs are pragmatic. We are not this hyper liberal block. Yet, current Republicans dont want to govern with Dems. What we going to do ??? Cant make babies without a partner.

3,637 posts, read 1,701,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That tend to be more attractive as well.

And are better dancers.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:54 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,602,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
And are better dancers.
O gosh they are better at everything.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Quite a few welfare and disability recipients are Trump supporters, particularly in rural Appalachia.
As you can tell I don't encourage able bodied people to be on welfare. I've always said that when gov't says they are doing something in the name of helping the poor, they always end up making more poor.

Take welfare for example. If you understand how it work (the rules/policies) you'd understand how gov't dependency keeps people, poor. Unless you can make a major jump in income it encourages continued dependency, instead of policies so people can and are encouraged to get off. Gov't policies always seem to make things worse and you want more dependency on gov't?

Old 07-17-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Well as a Progressive I am perfectly willing to further modify welfare. I see many abuses. I am also willing to have a partial wall on the Southern Boarder. Most Libs are pragmatic. We are not this hyper liberal block. Yet, current Republicans dont want to govern with Dems. What we going to do ??? Cant make babies without a partner.
As for welfare, gov't didn't do a good job the first time around, and you want a second crack at it? When they try to do anything to modify welfare so there is less abuse the left has a melt down. pfft So your way or the highway.... block everything is the liberal/progressive motto.

We are without a partner... the left is still obsessed with Russia they aren't able to focus on anything else.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:02 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,125,650 times
Once I gave up politics and belief in government, my stress level has dropped significantly. No more faith in politicians or institutions; only faith in myself.

Libertarians are, in my observations, far happier than either Team Blue or Team Red.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Once I gave up politics and belief in government, my stress level has dropped significantly. No more faith in politicians or institutions; only faith in myself.

Libertarians are, in my observations, far happier than either Team Blue or Team Red.
Very good point, and the very point I'm trying to get across. Anytime people expect something from gov't or someone else, they'll be disappointed and why it's best for people personally and for society as a whole for people to be able to take care of their own rather than "expect" others to do what is needed for them. There will always be people we need to help and we should if we "can", ... can being the important word, but it's entitlement mentality and trying to force people that I don't agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies