Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 03:27 AM

435 posts, read 176,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Both the CIA and the FBI investigated Iraq and the wmd's. Mueller headed the team for the FBI's own investigation into wmd's.

"As Director Tenet has pointed out Secretary Powell presented evidence last week that Baghdad has failed to disarm its weapons of mass destruction, willfully attempting to evade and deceive the international community.

Our particular concern is that that Saddam Hussein may supply terrorist with biological, chemical or radiological material."

mueller/his FBI team is a part of that "Our", along with the CIA. He was using his FBI investigative team to back up the CIA in that last sentence. Yeah, he lied to Congress.
Not even close, going on the intelligence assessment of Powell, he relayed the logical concerns anyone in his position would have as a result of the assessment. Is he not supposed to be concerned about Powell telling him that Saddam Hussein is a threat after 9/11 had happened the previous year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 03:31 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
“Finished by now”, relative to what? Watergate or Benghazi?
Relative to the Clinton investigation.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:32 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

The only "source" anyone needs is the video of him lying.
Except for the minor detail that he’s paraphrasing Secretary Powell in the video.

The projection on display here could put an IMAX theater to shame.

Last edited by subaru5555; 07-18-2018 at 03:57 AM..

Old 07-18-2018, 03:33 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Obama was a community organizer who knew nothing about running anything, much less a country. He wanted to bring it down, though, and made great progress towards that goal.
There are a lot of people in history that did stuff. Get over it, Trump is president.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:56 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Trump says 'I'm not pro-Russia,' hits ex-CIA chief Brennan for calling Putin news conference 'treasonous' | Fox News

"Part 1 of Tucker's interview with President Trump in Helsinki - Trump discusses 'very bad people' former CIA director John Brennan, FBI lovebirds Peter Strzok and Lisa Page being 'exposed,' the bipartisan call for conflict with Russia in Washington, NATO, Dems and open borders and more #Tucker"

I sure hope Trump is allowed to do his job. Seems like he is doing a great job, not like the administrations before him did.
The problem is now in relation to the distrust of the Trump administration by not just western leaders but by US and western intelligence.

It is also possible that intelligence may be witheld from the Trump Administration due to this distrust.

Trump's scripted statement saying that he meant wouldn't instead of would, does not make the situation any better or limit the damage that has already been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guardian

This new approach to Russia opens an unprecedented chasm in judgment between London and Washington about how to handle the country that has been the west’s premier adversary since 1945.

The US-UK relationship is based on intelligence cooperation and a common loyalty born of history, but Britain now has to absorb the fact that the US president is willing to trust the word of a former KGB agent ahead of the consensus of his own intelligence community.

The killer quote that will send a chill through western intelligence agencies runs as follows: “I have President Putin, he just said it’s not Russia. I don’t see any reason why it would be.”

Once it was thought the Trump doctrine was no enemies, no allies, just permanent destabilisation. After the last six days, it is possible even that Hobbesian assessment is wrong. Trump, for whatever contorted reason, does have an ally, but that ally does not reside in western Europe.

Trump shows he trusts an ex-KGB agent more than US intelligence - The Guardian

Old 07-18-2018, 04:08 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Trump says 'I'm not pro-Russia,' hits ex-CIA chief Brennan for calling Putin news conference 'treasonous' | Fox News

"Part 1 of Tucker's interview with President Trump in Helsinki - Trump discusses 'very bad people' former CIA director John Brennan, FBI lovebirds Peter Strzok and Lisa Page being 'exposed,' the bipartisan call for conflict with Russia in Washington, NATO, Dems and open borders and more #Tucker"

I sure hope Trump is allowed to do his job. Seems like he is doing a great job, not like the administrations before him did.
Trump lied the entire trip. Trump is worn out, unable to read, and based on yesterdays lie about a word, showing more signs of senility.

It is obvious to the planet, Trump is a weakling who is controlled by Putin.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:16 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump lied the entire trip. Trump is worn out, unable to read, and based on yesterdays lie about a word, showing more signs of senility.

It is obvious to the planet, Trump is a weakling who is controlled by Putin.
He certainly looked obsequious on Monday.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:23 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
John Brennan, who once voted for a communist candidate accuses Pres. Trump of "treason."
Barack Obama caught on open mic., "This is my last election. I'll have more flexibility after the election."

But the Leftists think Pres. Trump is a "puppet" of Putin? Laughable!

Old 07-18-2018, 04:25 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's a leadership position.

Everything else is delegated.

FTR, I can't wait to vote for Trump again in 2020.

"I can't wait to be two years closer to the grave! Hurry! Hurry!"

Yeah, well I'll be 47 in 2020 and I don't want it to get here any sooner than it has to, so chill it speedy.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:25 AM

23,640 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
Not even close, going on the intelligence assessment of Powell, he relayed the logical concerns anyone in his position would have as a result of the assessment. Is he not supposed to be concerned about Powell telling him that Saddam Hussein is a threat after 9/11 had happened the previous year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Except for the minor detail that he’s paraphrasing Secretary Powell in the video.

The projection on display here could put an IMAX theater to shame.
You people love carrying his water.

He was there to testify for the FBI and his own team. When he said "our" he was also backing up the investigation from the CIA. Any way you want to try to spin it does not negate the fact that he lied when he said - "Our particular concern is that that Saddam Hussein may supply terrorist with biological, chemical or radiological material." <--that sentence was a lie that he told to Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies