Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 04:32 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You people love carrying his water.

He was there to testify for the FBI and his own team. When he said "our" he was also backing up the investigation from the CIA. Any way you want to try to spin it does not negate the fact that he lied when he said - "Our particular concern is that that Saddam Hussein may supply terrorist with biological, chemical or radiological material." <--that sentence was a lie that he told to Congress.
I guess this means we’ve finally given up on the “Mueller let innocent men rot in prison!” and “Mueller conspired with Hillary Clinton to sell Uranium to the Russians!” nonsense and are on to the next piece of foolishness. I am excited to see what is going to be claimed next. Maybe ”Mueller intentionally stoked North-South divisions as an arms dealer seeking to profiteer off of the Civil War!”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 04:34 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Obama was a community organizer who knew nothing about running anything, much less a country. He wanted to bring it down, though, and made great progress towards that goal.

Cons really need to stop deflecting and trying to justify Trumps actions by pointing the finger at others. The argument is simply not valid, never has been, never will be. Trump has to be responsible for his own actions so either come up with a legitimate defense or sit down and be quiet.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:35 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump is a rich reality star who became president....and knows nothing about diplomacy and running a country. Maybe Kim Kardashian should be our next president.
Seriously? Have you forgotten what he has accomplished in N. Korea? Have you forgotten that HE, Pres. Trump, has been harder on Russia than Barack H. Obama (who said, "I'll have more flexibility after my election," caught on open mic)?

You're intentionally ignoring all facts and pushing your own narrative

Old 07-18-2018, 04:39 AM

23,472 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I guess this means we’ve finally given up on the “Mueller let innocent men rot in prison!” and “Mueller conspired with Hillary Clinton to sell Uranium to the Russians!” nonsense and are on to the next piece of foolishness. I am excited to see what is going to be claimed next. Maybe ”Mueller intentionally stoked North-South divisions as an arms dealer seeking to profiteer off of the Civil War!”
you have? okay.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:45 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Seriously? Have you forgotten what he has accomplished in N. Korea? Have you forgotten that HE, Pres. Trump, has been harder on Russia than Barack H. Obama (who said, "I'll have more flexibility after my election," caught on open mic)?

Yes, in North Korea he gave a monster the recognition his family’s despotic regime has craved for decades while unilaterally undercutting the our decades-long allies’ confidence in our allegiance and reliability in exchange for a promise of non-binding and vague policy aspirations that were materially weaker than those already promised by NK prior to Trump’s presidency.

For Russia, his foreign policy advisor promised not to enforce Obama’s sanctions, he signed new sanctions only after a veto-proof Congress passed them and even then expressly denounced them and thereafter dragged his feet in functionally implementing them. All the while he directly attacked and undercut the primary security alliance on which Western civiliazation relies as a bulkwart shading Russian expansionism before most recently questioning the US intelligence community by taking Putin’s “forceful” denial as truth.

Yes, quite the statesmen. For his next trick maybe he will urinate on the Lincoln Memorial.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:21 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
Lol, I just watched the video to see if what you are saying is correct. He said, based on the testimony of Secretary Powell our concern is that he could provide these weapons to terrorists. That is not a lie, that is relying on the testimony of the secretary of state. Mueller is FBI, not CIA. It says a lot when that is the best you can do.

You know who did lie through his teeth to get us in Iraq? Netanyahu. Go check out that doozie of a testimony, it is almost verbatim what he says about Iran now. He claimed Iraq had nukes. He really wanted us in that war and we obliged. He is great though now right?
The Trumpies are desperate to discredit Robert Mueller. Their attempt to smear him with the Whitey Bulger case where four innocent men were sent to prison was completely demolished by federal Judge Nancy Gertner in a piece in the New York Times. Now they are trying to connect him to the CIA's claim that Sodom Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The best one could say about this attempt from the point of view of a Trumpie is that it is extremely thin gruel. From the point of view of anyone else it's total hogwash.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:24 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
and his entire party got decimated underneath him, losing a record amount of seats. And his successor that was supposed to continue his legacy lost
You can thank Karl Rove and his computer generated gerrymanders for that. He generated the maps using big data and forwarded them to sympathetic state legislators to propose.

Republicans are expert at dirty tricks, and will not be bothered one way or another with conscience.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:34 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:

You are wrong in several ways.

First, no one was aware of the Russian campaign to destabilize our government until the last year of Obama's last term. As you Trumpies would say, good relations with Russia would be a good thing and I think no one could dispute that. Obama did want good relations with Russia.

Trump has not been harder on Russia. The US congress and senate have been, and Trump has resisted them as much as possible. So that's a myth you are perpetrating.

Trump really didn't accomplish anything for us with north Korea, others have addressed that. What he did do is enhance Kim's prestige and strengthen that dictator's hold over his victim nation.

So much for your attempt at spin ...

Old 07-18-2018, 08:18 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
John Brennan, who once voted for a communist candidate accuses Pres. Trump of "treason."
Barack Obama caught on open mic., "This is my last election. I'll have more flexibility after the election."

But the Leftists think Pres. Trump is a "puppet" of Putin? Laughable!
Trump's own National Security Advisor characterized what Russia did during the prior US election an Act of War; yet Trump can't manage to say anything negative about Putin. Instead Trump blames the US. Puppet is probably the nicest thing one could say.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:23 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Seriously? Have you forgotten what he has accomplished in N. Korea?
No. I will never forget watching the President of the United States salute a North Korean general. It was shameful.

Quote:
Have you forgotten that HE, Pres. Trump, has been harder on Russia than Barack H. Obama (who said, "I'll have more flexibility after my election," caught on open mic)?
Yes, because trying to lift sanctions, making closed door deals that he refuses to disclose, and stating to the world that you believe Russian intelligence over your own, sure is "being hard on Russia."

You seriously need to drop the first two letters from your screen name. I know of no one more misnamed on this forum than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies