Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 08:55 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Get over yourself you delicate flower, nobody attacked you.
Quote:
Some people here sure are, this OP is a perfect example of their best work.
I would disagree. By all means, please cite the error in the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 08:59 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Not really. Meat being stockpiled won't last forever.

If my math is correct, 2.5 billion pounds of meat is 7.14 lbs per American.

I'll pick up a bucket of KFC tomorrow.

If everyone does their part, we'll get through the current "meat crisis" just fine.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:01 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I would disagree. By all means, please cite the error in the OP.
Who said there was an error in the OP?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If my math is correct, 2.5 billion pounds of meat is 7.14 lbs per American.

I'll pick up a bucket of KFC tomorrow.

If everyone does their part, we'll get through the current "meat crisis" just fine.
What ever will our poor meat farmers do? I guess we'll ALL have to run out and buy some turkeys for the freezer... maybe some of the big ones!

Old 07-24-2018, 09:05 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Who said there was an error in the OP?
I quoted. That's okay, there's always Ignore.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I quoted. That's okay, there's always Ignore.
Why are you trying so hard to prove Chucksnee right?

Feel free to ignore me, this place would be much nicer without your constant whining and ignorance... plus who doesn't appreciate a good ignore list coward every now and then right?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:15 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Remember when Trump said trade wars are easy to win? We have too many farmers and that includes meat. But I think we'll buy four or five turkeys for the freezer this year, we should be able to get a great deal.

"Federal data, coming as early as Monday, are expected to show a record level of beef, pork, poultry and turkey being stockpiled in U.S. facilities, rising above 2.5 billion pounds, agricultural analysts said".

2.5 Billion Pounds of Meat Piles Up in U.S. as Production Grows, Exports Slow

https://www.wsj.com/articles/meat-pi...low-1532268000
Question? If we have so much meat just sitting around, why am I experiencing problems getting meat for my restaurant on a weekly basis? This week, our provider, US Foods, one of the largest distributors in the country, are experiencing rib shortages this week, resulting in my restaurant not having one of our best selling items. Last week, it was chicken wings. Three weeks ago we couldn't get boneless chicken breasts because once again, the distributor was having trouble getting enough product from their providers. If we have this giant surplus of meat, then why are major distributors having so much trouble keeping food in stock for their customers? Seems like providers would be chomping at the bit and ready to ship pretty much anything they could, if they were actually sitting on this much meat with no where for it to go. Which is why this story seems quite odd to me. The claims in the article just don't add up.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:16 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It will all be destroyed before they let the prices come down.
Thank you Alex Jones.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:17 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Remember when Trump said trade wars are easy to win? We have too many farmers and that includes meat. But I think we'll buy four or five turkeys for the freezer this year, we should be able to get a great deal.

"Federal data, coming as early as Monday, are expected to show a record level of beef, pork, poultry and turkey being stockpiled in U.S. facilities, rising above 2.5 billion pounds, agricultural analysts said".

2.5 Billion Pounds of Meat Piles Up in U.S. as Production Grows, Exports Slow

https://www.wsj.com/articles/meat-pi...low-1532268000
You must be a paid bot just looking for any and every possible way to start negative threads about Trump.
Frankly I like engaging real people with their own personal views, who are motivated to engage in rational discussion about things we might agree or disagree with.
However even if you have passion for the liberal/leftist point of view, I want it to come from the gut, not motivated by being a paid bot.
Thus even if you look in the mirror and think "I know I am a leftist, so why not get paid for it", that is not the same thing.
I say this because far too many posters seem to get the same message at the same time, and then regurgitate the same message in unison.

`

Old 07-24-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Question? If we have so much meat just sitting around, why am I experiencing problems getting meat for my restaurant on a weekly basis? This week, our provider, US Foods, one of the largest distributors in the country, are experiencing rib shortages this week, resulting in my restaurant not having one of our best selling items. Last week, it was chicken wings. Three weeks ago we couldn't get boneless chicken breasts because once again, the distributor was having trouble getting enough product from their providers. If we have this giant surplus of meat, then why are major distributors having so much trouble keeping food in stock for their customers? Seems like providers would be chomping at the bit and ready to ship pretty much anything they could, if they were actually sitting on this much meat with no where for it to go. Which is why this story seems quite odd to me. The claims in the article just don't add up.
Lefty is clueless and wants no part in a real conversation, it's simply ignorant attack after ignorant attack aimed at the President all because the most qualified democrat to ever run for President lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies