Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 02:07 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,848,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Wearing Trump gear is akin to wearing something claiming to be a white supremacist. You can do it openly, but there might be consequences.

So are you condoning the actions of this racist attacker? If a conservative sees a person wearing Obama, Hillary or other extremist politician attire, would you say the same thing about them attacking the person wearing the attire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 02:10 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I say let's put the Secret Service in charge of the 'star'.
Might as well. I'm sure it'd be a better gig than some of the others we send them on on behalf of Trump.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:12 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,734,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Wearing Trump gear is akin to wearing something claiming to be a white supremacist. You can do it openly, but there might be consequences.
Wearing Trump gear is the same as carrying the American flag. He is the President of the United States and we are PROUD of it.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:14 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
So are you condoning the actions of this racist attacker? If a conservative sees a person wearing Obama, Hillary or other extremist politician attire, would you say the same thing about them attacking the person wearing the attire?
I'm not the poster to whom you are responding, but nope. People are responsible for their behavior, and that includes both the assaulter and the assaulted in this case. But one thing that everyone seems to be ignoring is that this guy was not casually driving around town with a Trump bumper sticker on his car; he showed up in MAGA gear with a camera crew in tow. He was looking to incite something, and further, he then contacted the kids' mom on social media in an attempt to coerce the kid into appearing on his YouTube channel after the fact. Nothing in that says victim to me. It tells me that the guy is an obnoxious jerk who was out to create trouble, which he got in spades.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Wearing Trump gear is the same as carrying the American flag. He is the President of the United States and we are PROUD of it.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I'm not the poster to whom you are responding, but nope. People are responsible for their behavior, and that includes both the assaulter and the assaulted in this case. But one thing that everyone seems to be ignoring is that this guy was not casually driving around town with a Trump bumper sticker on his car; he showed up in MAGA gear with a camera crew in tow. He was looking to incite something, and further, he then contacted the kids' mom on social media in an attempt to coerce the kid into appearing on his YouTube channel after the fact. Nothing in that says victim to me. It tells me that the guy is an obnoxious jerk who was out to create trouble, which he got in spades.
They were there to gather data. Would you say the same thing about CNN or MSNBC, Huff Post if there videographers were attacked because the person being videoed didn't like the fact that they are Hillary supporters?

Old 07-27-2018, 02:28 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Might as well. I'm sure it'd be a better gig than some of the others we send them on on behalf of Trump.

Yea, traveling all over the world...that's gotta suck....

Old 07-27-2018, 02:32 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
They were there to gather data. Would you say the same thing about CNN or MSNBC, Huff Post if there videographers were attacked because the person being videoed didn't like the fact that they are Hillary supporters?
Who are you kidding? He was there to start a fight, and he got exactly what he wanted, which is a huge boost in clicks for his YouTube channel and a shot at internet fame. I'm not advocating violence, and the kid was totally out of line and should be charged with assault, but I'm not buying the "he was just there collect data" argument at all.

Last edited by randomparent; 07-27-2018 at 02:57 PM..

Old 07-27-2018, 02:54 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The stars are paid for by the people being honored. $30,000. Its a chamber of commerce thing not a government one.

There is a video of a huge fight that occurred on the walk of fame. A hispanic anti Trump guy who I guess is for tolerance and anti racism is yelling the N word at a white Trump guy. Then a free for all ensues. A bunch of losers on both sides.

I really think this kind of stuff will be looked back at in the future as some indications of what will turn out to be a civil war. There is just way too much anger on both sides.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...15131682160640

The stars are paid for by the person who nominates them.....

Old 07-27-2018, 03:02 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
The star, already the target of numerous vandalism attempts since the 2016 election, was finally destroyed by a man brandishing a pickax early this morning.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/25/polit...ash/index.html
Paraphrasing what someone stated on Twitter:

Thanks to the left constantly destroying Trump's star and the maintenance people in Hollywood constantly replacing it, the left has assured that Trump's star will always be bright, shiny, and new.

Good job lefties!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies