Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 06:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
During this last campaign, in my township, a guy's Trump/Pence sign kept getting run over on his lawn, and you could see the oversized truck tire prints on the lawn each time. He finally paid to have the sign hung from the 30-40 year old tree in his front yard, probably 25 feet off the ground. This was in Montgomery County, Texas (the only county in the country where Trump beat Hillary by more than 100,000 votes), and about a mile or so from where Gingrich and Herman Cain had their debates in 2012.
I have had a number of political signs damaged but at least, here in our city, people are fined pretty heavily for damaging or stealing signs. I am getting to the place where I prefer not to have political information in my yard or stickers of any kind on my car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 06:49 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Trump isn’t a celebrity never has been not in the real sense like Prince, Michael Jackson, etc. Whomsays Trump or a family member can’t nominate himself?

So, the comity who nominates has a group of 5 sub categories they can choose from:

Quote:
The first step in the process of getting a star involves a person being nominated under one of five categories: radio, motion pictures, live performance/theater, television and recording.

https://www.ajc.com/entertainment/he...iation-control

Old 07-28-2018, 07:29 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have had a number of political signs damaged but at least, here in our city, people are fined pretty heavily for damaging or stealing signs. I am getting to the place where I prefer not to have political information in my yard or stickers of any kind on my car.
The only people I can think of who put political stickers in their rear car windows are both halves of one couple in my family. They are about your age. They are Republicans, and they live in the SF Bay Area, but they live in a very low crime country club community where the smallest SFRs start at probably $1.2-1.3M. Their HOA fee is about 1K per month, and even with the naturally very low crime, and lots of neighbors who are similar to one another, security people driving around, often in golf carts, are very visible.

Added: I was in California for a few months at the time Trump came down the escalator, but I didn't get a chance to visit them. I haven't had a chance to physically visit since, and I haven't asked them if they support Trump, and neither of them has broached the subject.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:34 AM

25,585 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame Star Destroyed
Fair trade, I think.
After all, Trump has taken a chain saw to Obama's legacy.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:38 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Another manifestation of TDS Th violent Leftist brown shirt nazis at it again.
Using the word finally.........it sounds as though she is under the delusion that Trump won't make sure it is replaced (one way or another).

Old 07-28-2018, 01:09 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yea, traveling all over the world...that's gotta suck....
It’s not vacation.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Why such drama over something that costs a few thousand dollars to replace?

There’s a reason these are not being guarded.

They are not that expensive to replace.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:48 PM

643 posts, read 330,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

Strange that a poster who has the attitude that as long as its not expensive , feel free to destroy has a position of fairness.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
It’s not vacation.

I did the G8 Presidential mission in 2008, self deployed in our CH47s from SK to Hokkaido, Japan....It's not that bad of a mission, you still have shifts and there is a lot of on call, well taken care of....we were in on many of the briefings....

How many presidential missions have you done?

Old 07-28-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:

WOW...so it's cool to vandalize as long as it does not cost much....

Freaking amazing.....you really cannot make this stuff up folks....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies