Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2018, 07:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Wow..just wow. Just heard the tape. The Trump family really is like a mafia family. I was a little nervous at the start of 2018. I though that with a good economy, etc. Trump could minimize GOP losses in November.

Blatant hush money will NOT appeal to independent voters. The blue wave just gained momentum. Trump is a filthy dirty rat and he is getting exposed. Time to flush the swamp.
You mean this is the FIRST time you think this kind of stuff went on? Or, are you worried because it's "blatant" now?

What should shock everyone is how far BOTH SIDES will go to hold power/seize POWER. Given how far it's gone now the only logical progression is a flat out coup.

What needs to change is how long those power hungry Congress-critters get to hang on to it. TERM LIMITS and an outright ban on lobby money. Lobbyists are fine and have been around since forever BUT it should be lobbying for or against ideas/proposals not on ENFORCED by how much $$$$$$$$$$$$ they swing like a bat at a candidates head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 07:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Yes. But hey, Trump supporters don’t care. To them, Trump can do no wrong. If they want to be suckers let them be.
I think it's more "Trump is not doing anything that's not been repeatedly done for decades".

Old 08-18-2018, 07:46 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Her net worth last year was 3.5 million. If she plays her cards right she won't need to "get hired" by anyone. She can create her own opportunities.
Which is disgusting in and of itself. All points you made.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:48 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I never watched her on television, but she just struck me as an unpleasant person. I don't even know why. Haughty? Opportunist?

But I'm enjoying her time in the spotlight at the moment, because she clearly has more foresight than Trump, and overall may be a shrewder operator. And I'm particularly admiring her composure, no matter what they they throw at her. His wild insults just make her look more sane and civilized by comparison.

Is there any answer to the mystery of why she keeps getting re-hired after being fired? Even after being fired at the W.H., they were apparently offering her another job.
I too have to admit a begrudging respect for her ability to anticipate and parry the denials from some of the key players in this B-drama.
She definitely knows the play book and weaknesses of her former teammates and seems to have prepared for whatever they try to throw at her.

I will never understand how she, or anyone for that matter, could have so willingly been inducted into this or any other cult, but it’s certainly an instructive journey.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:49 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
I never watched her on television, but she just struck me as an unpleasant person. I don't even know why. Haughty? Opportunist?

But I'm enjoying her time in the spotlight at the moment, because she clearly has more foresight than Trump, and overall may be a shrewder operator. And I'm particularly admiring her composure, no matter what they they throw at her. His wild insults just make her look more sane and civilized by comparison.

Is there any answer to the mystery of why she keeps getting re-hired after being fired? Even after being fired at the W.H., they were apparently offering her another job.

Against Omarosa, Donald Trump is going to lose! One on one, Donald Trump lacks the aptitude and intellect to defuse Omarosa.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:51 AM

16,552 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:

Hmmm, one wonders if you would feel the same if she was acting like this regarding Obama or Bill Clinton.

I will say you are correct about the negative vibe she gives off. I hardly know anything about her (never having watched The Apprentice or other things she was in). But some people are universally beloved and others disliked, and she falls into the latter probably because she tries to ingratiate herself into positions she otherwise couldn't achieve.

`

Last edited by Vector1; 08-18-2018 at 08:00 AM..

Old 08-18-2018, 07:52 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
AFTER she was fired?

What the heck is that all about.

$15,000 a month is peanuts! Just look how much Donald Trump gave Stormy Daniels, peanuts!

Old 08-18-2018, 07:55 AM

5,770 posts, read 3,219,640 times
I remember that this happening in the W White House. Someone would quit and then write a book. What is troubling is that we are distracted from what is going on that we can't see.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:57 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
One would think that White House should be one of the most difficult places in the world to sneak in recording devices and secretly record private conversations. With Omarosa's lack of experience with surveillance or the clandestine I'm wondering where she got the help. Or perhaps the Trump White House is not all that secure.
Don't you have to wonder where she hid the recording device? The recording quality is excellent, so she was well prepared, and evidently well prepared at all times.
That woman is dangerous. Anyone who would hire her deserves her. I didn't always feel that way; I thought she was just another success addict like so many others we have seen. I may have hired her myself if I was looking for someone with energy, intelligence and drive. But that was 'then'. 'Now' everyone knows she is nothing but trouble.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:08 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellsa View Post
He'll learn to use the military to silence people, most likely. Costs a lot less.
... or banana republican paramilitary death squads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies