Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 12:19 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
To help with the forest fires

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thousands...143955297.html

What nerve. geeze governor--i thought being a sanctuary state was going to solve all your problems huh?
You might want to back off this one. Shasta County voted itself 'no sanctuary' a few months ago.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:28 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Only a real jerk would begrudge a state getting federal aid to help it out during a tragedy such as fire or weather related.
I sent you an IM

Old 07-28-2018, 12:30 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
How about the government makes a chart of all the states. How much they put in and how much they take out of the federal government. Then when they ask for help, we refer to the chart and deny it to those who don't put in enough (like Trump's view on NATO), and who take more than they put in.

And why is this unusual? Rick Scott hated Obama, treated him like crap, and refused to cooperate with Obama's policies. Sure didn't bother him to ask for federal aid after hurricanes.

As far as Jerry Brown having a lot of nerve--yes he does, and it is one of the things I admire about him. He's not afraid and refuses to be bullied by Trump and the cult. He actually cares about the entire state he governs, unlike Trump who caters to different states based on personal feelings and his fragile ego.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:37 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
Also this fire if not quenched will burn nearby National Forests... want to see more of our assets burn to the ground? Local and State fire resources assist in fighting fires in National Forests.

I was driving south on I-5 this morning and spotted a flatbed truck with a Seattle Emergency Aid vehicle and a Seattle Fire car likely on the way to Redding.

When your neighbor's house is on fire you help put it out because yours could be next. Do you first check the politics of a drowning person before you attempt rescue?

Give me a break.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:54 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Also this fire if not quenched will burn nearby National Forests... want to see more of our assets burn to the ground? .
If it would make liberals angry, every single cultist would answer that question with a great big YES!

You mistake them greatly if you think they care two whits about anyone or anything outside of that. They say as much every single day here on C-D. Anything, and I do mean anything, that meets that criteria is good in their minds. Even if it involves the destruction of the country.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:57 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Oh no baby what is you doing?

Old 07-28-2018, 01:17 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
This was a really bad move, ELO. Really bad.

Threads like this just give leftists ammo to use against you.
You know you keep posting as if you have equal disdain for both parties yet when it comes down to it you’re just another typical rightie. You maybe hate taxes a bit more, but you are of the same ideology.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:25 PM

505 posts, read 368,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
When your neighbor's house is on fire you help put it out because yours could be next. Do you first check the politics of a drowning person before you attempt rescue?

Best reply yet.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:32 PM

10,464 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
To help with the forest fires

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thousands...143955297.html

What nerve. geeze governor--i thought being a sanctuary state was going to solve all your problems huh?
Regardless, not everyone who lives in California is a deranged liberal, and they all pay their federal taxes, so they have earned the right for the federal government to help them when they are in dire need. Not to mention the fires are attacking some of the most fertile lands in the USA.

Now, the only thing I do worry about, since I seen this happen in Puerto Rico, is when the National Guard does come in to help get people to safety, and to try and squash out these fires, we might have some brainless politicians create road blocks, prohibiting federal help from coming, just so they can go on National TV and declare they turned down Trump's help. I seen this mayor in Puerto Rico do this, block trucks carrying aide, lock it up in warehouses, and then try to claim Trump was ignoring them. Now the woman is being investigated for theft, but it does not surprise me in the slightest.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:39 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
You know you keep posting as if you have equal disdain for both parties yet when it comes down to it you’re just another typical rightie. You maybe hate taxes a bit more, but you are of the same ideology.
Mmhmm...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post52513980
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post51399327
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post51556776 "If this is true Trump needs to be impeached for it."

Or, you can check out this glorious 34-page thread where I was called a leftist and a leftist enabler.

There are about 10 people on this forum who are convinced I'm a leftist, and now you are about the 10th who thinks I'm a "typical rightie." Which one is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies