Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 08:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

He will get it done right after his wonderful health care plan is implemented and Mexico pays for the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 08:33 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,535 times
Seems like a very logical fix to the capital gains tax, IMO.

That being said, we need a way to pay for all of these tax cuts, and thus far, I am not convinced we are able to. At what annual growth rate does our economy need to grow to offset the loss of tax revenue?

Old 07-31-2018, 08:39 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...cuts-rich.html

Old 07-31-2018, 08:39 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,845 times
This would benefit me greatly, but it's a terrible ****ing idea.
There's a reason they're looking for ways to do this without getting Congress involved.

In Real Estate the rich can already avoid Capital Gains by reinvesting into another property with a 1031 exchange. That was actually a well thought out policy, that still only benefited the rich.

Now we don't even need to reinvest. Sell off a building that you're family has owned for decades which has increased in value 5x - 50x, and we can significantly lower the capital gains?

This might benefit Trump directly more than any other individual in the country.
I don't think there's any chance they put this through. They probably leaked the news to get an idea of what the response would be.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:46 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
All I can say is that Trump must know his days are numbered. Why else would he slap the middle class in the face with his unilateral proposal to gift the wealthy with this tax cut?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...thy/ar-BBLhtZx

How about it Righties? Deficits don't matter as long as the 1% get theirs, Right?

I don't blame you for not admitting you were played for fools by Trump. His going behind your back to benefit his rich friends while you were bleating about a stupid wall must be very galling.

MAGA baby! MAGA!
"All I can say is that Trump must know his days are numbered"

The left has been saying since he first took the oath of office!

MSN, what a JOKE!

"that would cut capital gains taxation"

I have ALWAYS been against taxing capital gains.

People take RISKS by investing with money LEFT OVER from paying the rest of their taxes.

We should ENCOURAGE investing NOT penalizing it.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:48 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Alot of this will go to the hedge fund/ private equity parasites.

We dont even bother to differentiate the wealthy that create wealth from those that actively destroy it. If you tell me it will go exclusively to the wealth creators... lets talk. Rare breed these days. Rent seekers like Bain...

Old 07-31-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
he needs to get crazy with cuts in spending or he is just taxing the crap out of the future like his predecessors.

"he needs to get crazy with cuts in spending" I don't think a single dem would vote for it.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
from what I've seen - 85 of the benefit will go to the 1%. so again, the middle class will get some crumbs, but more debt passed to our children to benefit the uberwealthy while his lemmings rejoice over the crumbs....

"from what I've seen - 85 of the benefit will go to the 1%"

Why do you ignore the MILLIONS or people with IRSA's, 401K's etc.?

Old 07-31-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Only if the stocks are outside of a 401k, Roth IRA or IRA.

It's for the filthy rich real estate investors and filthy rich billionaires.

He's gonna bankrupt the country by cuttings taxes on billionaires and corporations but he doesn't care about regular people. He only cares about the uber-wealthy that afford multiple mansions across the world, private yachts, private planes, butlers, etc.

"Only if the stocks are outside of a 401k, Roth IRA or IRA.'

The taxes is only DEFERRED. Once you start to draw from them, you PAY THE TAXES.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:53 AM

10,567 posts, read 7,767,498 times
In case anyone missed it, and hasn't been posted yet:

Brian Hooks, a top official at the Koch donor network, over the weekend called the Trump-supported $1.3 trillion spending bill passed by Congress this year “the most fiscally irresponsible budget in the history of our country.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies