Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 07:55 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Honestly if I worked at a place like that, I'd need to smoke too...
Me too, but not cigarettes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 08:01 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doorsdown View Post
Remember the guy in school who always did the wrong thing? Got away with it for a long time.. But There comes a day when the piper gets paid. We better get ready and serious because severe violence is a real possibility as the outcome.

Look at the Koch fools. They bought in for years and now they don't like what they see with their purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruN_KcF-Ouw

Old 08-01-2018, 08:39 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
That's a hilarious (and ironic) comment when we know that Trump won't show his tax returns because of the free ride he has gotten for decades....

AND his "tax cut" included VAST gifts for anyone who buys or owns real estate (except homeowners)...

I mean - talk about hypocritical. Please list out the free ride you are talking about???

Amazon collects sales tax.
Amazon workers pay ALL taxes. Amazon as an employer pays all taxes due.
Amazon pays vast amounts of property tax.
Amazon shareholder pay capital gains and income taxes (vast amounts given the stock rise).

The list would span pages - yet you think a talking point repeated from your King means something? Sorry, it doesn't.

Why did Trump cut Amazons corporate taxes BIG TIME? Why did he give them vastly more tax breaks for their Real Estate? Why did he go this from Debt and Deficit?

Trump is just jealous - and every time he attacks Amazon they are worth more. If Trump had invested in even the conservative Warren Buffet he'd be worth 180 Billion today - so he LOST 177 Billion. If he invested in Amazon he'd have made even more....much quicker.

Instead he made almost nothing....and ripped a lot of people and taxpayers off to do it. People like that...I don't listen to.
Trump would have to invest on margin...and your numbers are way, way off. If he did not use margin, he would be worth a couple billion less, using it maxed, would be worth 13 billion. And this is based off of him not spending a single dime of the original investment nor any earnings after for 40 years.

At that, he at least tried, engaged in business, still made money, and still is wealthier than 99.99% on the people on Earth, and oh yes, President of the US.

I guarantee I can comb through your finances over what, 20 years? And come to the conclusion "you lost money".

Old 08-01-2018, 09:37 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yeah, you noticed that too. The Trump cult is a mind bender. I'm sure if Trump ran it, he would run it the same way and there would be no issue. Also if Bezos didn't own WaPo...
I was anti Amazon long before Trump got in office.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:40 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
That's a hilarious (and ironic) comment when we know that Trump won't show his tax returns because of the free ride he has gotten for decades....

AND his "tax cut" included VAST gifts for anyone who buys or owns real estate (except homeowners)...

I mean - talk about hypocritical. Please list out the free ride you are talking about???

Amazon collects sales tax.
Amazon workers pay ALL taxes. Amazon as an employer pays all taxes due.
Amazon pays vast amounts of property tax.
Amazon shareholder pay capital gains and income taxes (vast amounts given the stock rise).

The list would span pages - yet you think a talking point repeated from your King means something? Sorry, it doesn't.

Why did Trump cut Amazons corporate taxes BIG TIME? Why did he give them vastly more tax breaks for their Real Estate? Why did he go this from Debt and Deficit?

Trump is just jealous - and every time he attacks Amazon they are worth more. If Trump had invested in even the conservative Warren Buffet he'd be worth 180 Billion today - so he LOST 177 Billion. If he invested in Amazon he'd have made even more....much quicker.

Instead he made almost nothing....and ripped a lot of people and taxpayers off to do it. People like that...I don't listen to.
Trump isn't the best businessman of all time - I'll grant you that one. Unfortunately he was the ONLY non politician and businessman on the ticket in 2016 and he was basically running against Satan.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:43 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
She's probably going to be fired for posting the disparaging info online about her employer. Then she'll whine because she's broke with zero income and no company is going to hire her now that she has a history of disparaging employers. An company that hires her risks that she does a PR campaign against them or risks that she hauls them into the ongoing PR campaign against Amazon.

Most mid to large companies have a Code of Conduct and other such rules which the employees sign when onboarding. Companies usually have rules against employees disparaging them in the media and usually the remedy is termination of employment.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Amazon is a TERRIBLE place to work, they have numerous distribution centers around the CVG airport hub and they are always hiring, employee turnover is ridiculously high, they cannot keep employees no matter what they pay them!

They have a real problem with new hires walking out and quitting on their first day!!

Old 08-01-2018, 09:46 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
She's probably going to be fired for posting the disparaging info online about her employer. Then she'll whine because she's broke with zero income and no company is going to hire her now that she has a history of disparaging employers. Who wants to be the next company that hires her and she does a PR campaign against them. No company will hire her now.

Most companies have a Code of Conduct and other such rules which the employees sign when onboarding. Companies usually have rules against employees disparaging them in the media.
The lure of the ability to engage in "poor me" and get a "pay day" on social media is so strong it causes people to lose all sensibilities.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:12 AM

30,175 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Amazon is a TERRIBLE place to work, they have numerous distribution centers around the CVG airport hub and they are always hiring, employee turnover is ridiculously high, they cannot keep employees no matter what they pay them!

They have a real problem with new hires walking out and quitting on their first day!!

Perhaps but they seem to be able to hire enough people to get my prime orders to me on time every time. If that changed then they have a problem.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:43 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Amazon has quickly become the unacceptable face of capitalism, and many people are becoming tired of it.

There is no excuse for the way it treats it's workers and stories such as those below are just upsetting.

It's clearly time for better workers rights and conditions, coupled with a clamp down on corportate tax evasion.
Actually, there are a couple of "unacceptable faces of capitalism" that generally pop up:

1) WalMart
2.) McDonald's
3.) Disney
4.) Amazon
5.) Facebook
6.) Google
7.) Bank of America
8.) Goldman Sachs
9.) Pfizer
10.) Microsoft
11.) Comcast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies