Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 12:01 PM

22,537 posts, read 12,100,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Most of the time booking through a service such as Hotels.com or Booking.com your ID is already established, and you have already paid for the night.

I try to stay at the 1 stars, on skid row, because I love the ambience of drunks, druggies and hookers as background noise all night.
To each his own

We have gold status with a hotel chain. When we check in at the front desk, they always ask for ID. We don't mind at all. For all the hotel knows, one of us could have just had our belongings stolen and the thief is now trying to check in using our name. I, for one, am glad that we get asked for ID at the front desk! It's not in the least bit onerous.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:04 PM

36,794 posts, read 31,078,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
For bread and milk as well?

Trump didn't say an ID was to buy alcohol, he said an ID was required to buy groceries.
Perhaps he thinks alcohol is groceries. If you can buy it at a grocery store, technically its groceries.
If I pick up a bottle of wine, a roll of TP and some dog food with the rest of the food items, I still say I went grocery shopping.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Well, you shot that down. Arguing with Trumpies is like taking candy from a wet hen.
No, he didn't shoot anything down.

You apparently missed the fact that it's been acknowledged that carding happens when people buy certain items. For example, if you read through the thread instead of being in such a rush to use the term "Trumpies", you would have seen what I wrote on this topic. I pointed out that the state I live in has a law that says everybody buying alcohol has to be carded. Yes, some do ignore the law and don't card. Last week, we bought a bottle of wine at the grocery store and my husband was carded.

To say that carding never happens in a grocery store is a lie. Just because the poster you responded to never got carded doesn't mean it never happens for various reasons.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Despite the rather, in my opinion, out right lying by some posters, it is clear that what Trump stated is false. If what Trump said was true, then there would be no one here stating they never been requested to show an ID when buying groceries.

I do not even carry an ID with me when I am out, that is just how rare I have ever been asked for my ID.
You don't even carry a drivers license with you when you drive?

I know that in some countries you are not required to have your DL on you when you drive. Are you outside the US?

Old 08-02-2018, 12:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,079,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
To say that carding never happens in a grocery store is a lie. Just because the poster you responded to never got carded doesn't mean it never happens for various reasons.
No one said it doesn't happen.

Trump claimed “if you go out and you want to buy groceries, you need a picture on a card. You need ID.”

No, you don't need an ID if you want to buy groceries. If you want to buy alcohol, you might, sometimes need ID. But again, Its not something everyone needs.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
For bread and milk as well?

Trump didn't say an ID was to buy alcohol, he said an ID was required to buy groceries.
No.

Once again, you only get carded IF you are buying alcohol. Hope this is now perfectly clear to you.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
You don't even carry a drivers license with you when you drive?
I know plenty of people who keep their DL in the glove compartment of their car. So no, they don't carry it with them everywhere they go. And yes, this is in the United States of America.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
No.

Once again, you only get carded IF you are buying alcohol. Hope this is now perfectly clear to you.
Yes, but only sometimes. That's the problem with Trump's analogy, it makes absolutely no sense. You can't only require voters to have an ID sometimes and only in certain situations. It would need to be an all or nothing thing.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:27 PM

36,794 posts, read 31,078,970 times
Quote:
Yes, but only sometimes. That's the problem with Trump's analogy, it makes absolutely no sense. You can't only require voters to have an ID sometimes and only in certain situations. It would need to be an all or nothing thing.
I think you are so hung up on your hatred you miss the point. Of course you can require voters to have ID sometimes, like when they go to vote just like if your going to the grocery store to by alcohol or write a check. You dont have to carry it and show it all the time but for certain situations. Again the point is most people have a photo ID, most people will be required at one point or another to show said photo ID.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I know plenty of people who keep their DL in the glove compartment of their car. So no, they don't carry it with them everywhere they go. And yes, this is in the United States of America.
Leaving your DL in your glove compartment is foolish. What if the car was stolen or broken into? What if the car caught fire?

I asked that poster if he lived in the US. I don't know why you felt you had to answer for him. Some countries don't require one to have his/her DL on them.

Going out without any ID on you is also foolish. What if you were to fall ill and lose consciousness? Or what if you were hit by a car and unable to communicate to the police/paramedics who you are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies