Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 12:43 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,846,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You don't even carry a drivers license with you when you drive?

I know that in some countries you are not required to have your DL on you when you drive. Are you outside the US?
My DL stays in the car. I live in Miami.

Quote:
Leaving your DL in your glove compartment is foolish. What if the car was stolen or broken into? What if the car caught fire?

I asked that poster if he lived in the US. I don't know why you felt you had to answer for him. Some countries don't require one to have his/her DL on them.

Going out without any ID on you is also foolish. What if you were to fall ill and lose consciousness? Or what if you were hit by a car and unable to communicate to the police/paramedics who you are?
My car has never been broken into nor stolen, nor caught on fire, and who cares if it was, I simply order another DL online.

I am not paranoid about the "what if's", you can be if you want, I will not give advice on how to live your life in this regard.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:45 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,878,242 times
Bumping up against 600 posts on whether you need an ID to buy groceries.

This is a classic thread.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:48 PM

50,405 posts, read 47,145,000 times
We have a sting once a year with HS students pretending to be of age and buying booze. Every year plenty of stores that should have carded didn't and got busted. Many grocery stores now require ID for cigs, booze and certain drugs.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:04 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,640,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Bake View Post
Trumps base will excuse and defend this clown at all costs. He could say the moon is lime green they would find a way to explain why he's right. Cult mental illness.
Anti Trump clowns will post anything, an I mean ANYTHING about PResident Trump that they disagree with, and the rest of the dopey, slack jawed liberals will find a way to demonize him. and all the other will excuse and defend their clownish behavior..Liberalism is mental disorder

Old 08-02-2018, 01:06 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,043,264 times
Quote:
Leaving your DL in your glove compartment is foolish. What if the car was stolen or broken into? What if the car caught fire?

I asked that poster if he lived in the US. I don't know why you felt you had to answer for him. Some countries don't require one to have his/her DL on them.

Going out without any ID on you is also foolish. What if you were to fall ill and lose consciousness? Or what if you were hit by a car and unable to communicate to the police/paramedics who you are?
That's a lot of "what ifs". If any of those things were to happen, my DL would be the furthest thing from my mind. Its a piece of plastic that I can easily replace.

My DL isn't a medical card, its not going to tell the paramedics too much. It doesn't even have my correct address on it.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:36 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,604,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You do need one if you pay with a check.
Fixed it to be accurate for you.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:38 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,111,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
They must have a certain look about them that suggests ID is required. I wonder why?

Maybe the look is something like this at the Trump rally held in Tampa this week? (moderator - image tagged by Google as available for reuse)

They look like such fine, outstanding examples of a citizen, don't they?
Never mind a photo ID. I want to see a DNA analysis that proves they're human beings from planet Earth.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:40 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,928,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
They must have a certain look about them that suggests ID is required. I wonder why?

Maybe the look is something like this at the Trump rally held in Tampa this week? (moderator - image tagged by Google as available for reuse)

They look like such fine, outstanding examples of a citizen, don't they?
Whether or not one is asked for ID depends of the state or particular business' policy, not the cashiers opinion of the "customers look".
Judgmental much?

Old 08-02-2018, 01:41 PM

10,835 posts, read 14,950,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
How old are you?

What kind of grocery store do you shop at that carries spray paint?
WalMart?

Old 08-02-2018, 01:42 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,604,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Never mind a photo ID. I want to see a DNA analysis that proves they're human beings from planet Earth.
Oh, I think they are, but I also suspect they have a higher percentage of Neanderthal DNA left in them than is norm for the population as a whole.

And that, my dear friends, is why Trump supporters get carded at grocery stores, gas stations and 5 star hotels at a much higher rate than us severely normal people. Now we know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies