Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 11:33 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times

Advertisements

Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo. Cue Twilight Zone theme song. Trump's moving the rally in Ohio to a different venue. Ooooooooooooh. Scary.

Trump's not worried. Neither are his supporters.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:35 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
The president of the United States can barely fill a high school gym. That is pretty telling all by its self. I doubt Elton John would have that issue.
For educational purposes, maybe it would be good if someone reported these crowd sizes as a percentage of voting Americans...

Trump managed a rally crowd in Michigan today that amounted to 0.000014 percent of Americans!

Old 08-03-2018, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Woo woo woo woo woo woo woo woo. Cue Twilight Zone theme song. Trump's moving the rally in Ohio to a different venue. Ooooooooooooh. Scary.

I've really got to sign off and move onto more productive endeavors now, but your comment makes me wonder and ask...

When did Trump ever worry about anything since he was born into privilege and then since his daddy fronted all the money and resources to begin Trump junior's real estate development career?

That Trump doesn't worry about anything now too as Trump is a billionaire and POTUS is what worries people not so blindly supportive, more than just a little, while Trump supporters get drunk with their sing song at these rallies all about Trump and not really about the candidates Trump is supposed to be promoting there.

Talk about some strong cool aid...

Old 08-03-2018, 11:45 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
These rally crowds impress you, do they?

Trump should follow your lead and describe the crowd size as "packed" since that way there wouldn't be the need to constantly point out that Trump exaggerates the crowd numbers.

Either way, however, I think people who get some comfort that Trump can fill out these venues are the same who find Trump appealing for reasons that thankfully just don't cut it for most other Americans. Hopefully that truth will be reflected in 2020, but with so many Americans who can't seem to see the difference between Trump and their rump, surely anything is possible these days.

To that end, no doubt in the days to come we'll also be seeing more Trump supporters at these rallies with QAnon shirts, also a scary thing...
If there's live video from the event and it shows standing room only on the floor and just about every seat in the facility filled what would you call it since the term "packed" seems to bother you?

Old 08-03-2018, 11:48 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
From your link...

The use of the term by some on the right has been called part of a broader GOP strategy to discredit criticisms of Trump's actions, as a way of "reframing" the discussion. However, according to Kathleen Hall Jamieson of Annenberg Public Policy Center, the term could backfire on Trump supporters because people might interpret it to mean that Trump is the one who is "deranged", rather than those who criticize him.

Thanks. I think mostly true on both counts!
Kathleen is just mad because her anti-trump book isn't selling well and she's clearly got some TDS herself.

https://global.oup.com/academic/prod...cc=ca&lang=en&

Old 08-03-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
If there's live video from the event and it shows standing room only on the floor and just about every seat in the facility filled what would you call it since the term "packed" seems to bother you?
No! You misunderstand! I think "packed" is a much better way to describe what Trump normally exaggerates with incorrect crowd size numbers. "Packed" is a much safer and more correct way to describe the crowd if in fact all seats are filled.

That said, I can think of all kinds of people, TV personalities, sports figures and other politicians who can fill equal number if not more seats in these venues that don't represent anything all that great about America.

I suspect you and other Trump supporters view these crowds more meaningful than the greater numbers showing up at the Trump protest rallies, but of course that's just another example of confirmation bias that makes all this back-and-forth utterly pointless. Right? At least about that truth I'm sure we can agree...

Cheers until maybe tomorrow!

Old 08-03-2018, 11:56 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Maybe they realized that 90% of the people who asked for tickets were Qtards and hopefully they can week them out by telling them they are not wanted there when they show up.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:56 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
I've really got to sign off and move onto more productive endeavors now, but your comment makes me wonder and ask...

When did Trump ever worry about anything since he was born into privilege and then since his daddy fronted all the money and resources to begin Trump junior's real estate development career?

That Trump doesn't worry about anything now too as Trump is a billionaire and POTUS is what worries people not so blindly supportive, more than just a little, while Trump supporters get drunk with their sing song at these rallies all about Trump and not really about the candidates Trump is supposed to be promoting there.

Talk about some strong cool aid...
President Trump doesn't sit around wringing his hands. He acts. While we are sitting here typing our posts, he is working, doing, accomplishing.

Some people are just not worriers. They're doers.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:59 AM

639 posts, read 248,957 times
Only thing that will matter is who shows up on election day...that's why he is there....wake the few people sleeping and get them ALL ready to vote to keep a leftist out of office....size doesn't matter at all...I don't care if its 1 person or 1 million people he is speaking to only people struck with TDS whine about crowd size.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:02 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post

Actually, Trump is not moving the venue. There are people that organize events. We do not know why they moved the venue, the OP and other posters are insinuating it is because of, IDK, anticipation of a smaller crowd although we dont know which venue has the highest seating capacity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies