Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 10:17 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Whereas your comment that I bolded. Where is there video of that? I can guarantee you that if that happened in this age of cell phone videoing, there would be evidence of it. Do you have any evidence of it?
I didn't record them, but search up any video by Ruben Israel or the Westboro Baptist Church and you can find plenty of it.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:18 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
There has been no proof of any of this given.

It's based on what the OP thinks he saw on facebook.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
As a left leaning Christian this is one thing that really annoyed me most about President Trump getting elected. For years, fellow Christians railed on President Clinton for his transgressions. Conservative Christians lost the moral high ground with the support of Trump.
Yet they still believe that they have the moral high ground because they believe Trump's sins are dwarfed in the eyes of God by the "abominations" of the LGBT community. Trumpism, at its core, is a backlash against the 2015 SCOTUS decision legalizing same-sex marriage. Trump supporters are driven by their hatred towards anybody and everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like them. People are still butthurt over the White House being lit up rainbow to celebrate it.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:24 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
They sure as heck don't complain about having to accept having a self righteous president of the United States, who loves to indulge in adultery, even though the bible said adultery was punishable by death.
So are you condemning our President for something that you have no proof of that is only gossip?

Old 08-09-2018, 10:27 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I didn't record them, but search up any video by Ruben Israel or the Westboro Baptist Church and you can find plenty of it.
I don't trust MSM at all so I don't know what really happened with the WBC, but if they truly went to a funeral of anyone, gay or straight, and yelled out anything, imo they are just wrong for doing so.

Since I know how the media misconstrues facts, I'd have to see it being done in a video.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
I don't trust MSM at all so I don't know what really happened with the WBC, but if they truly went to a funeral of anyone, gay or straight, and yelled out anything, imo they are just wrong for doing so.

Since I know how the media misconstrues facts, I'd have to see it being done in a video.
Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHVWtJkEIHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsSHtPdDV58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqd0oVf8EJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHZcHTGzJ3U

Old 08-09-2018, 10:33 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:

The gay parade can be construed as an "in your face" to conservative Christians just as much as the conservatives is seen as an in your face, for their outward support of what they believe, in to the left and gay people.
How about live and let live?

Old 08-09-2018, 10:34 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I live in a conservative, religious area of Tennessee. Two major local employers, Eastman Chemical Company and a Citigroup campus, have sponsored a local Pride rally this year.

While I knew some elements of the religious community would grumble, I'm truly shocked at the level of the social media outrage. There are hundreds of comments on virtually all of the local media articles. Most articles will get less than a dozen. This is the most social media outrage I've ever seen over a local issue. The event's website has nothing objectionable and is pretty plain. A large number of my personal friends are posting extremely mean things that you'd never hear them see unless it was about a "damn *****."

The comments range from cruel - "God's going to spill his wrath on the gays" to the threatening "this event's gonna turn ugly!" to the plainly bizarre "God's no longer going to bless Eastman or East Tennessee"

I'd say the comments are 2-3/1 against the event.

I'm conservative and voted for Trump, but I'm fairly open-minded. I'm tolerant. I'm not religious. I had no interest in this event before. Whatever happened to if you're not interested, simply don't participate? I'm shocked at the level of religious bigots and cultural Neanderthals.
Know that the opposition by some zealots is far outnumbered by the rest of the country.

Problem is your title which implies any person that follows a Christian religion, is conservative and from TN, is anti gay. That lumps all Christians into a hate filled group instead of pointing out some isolated opinions form the hinterlands is representative of all TN Christians.

That like the media finding some back woods preacher who burned the Quran and making him headline news and implying a link to organized religion.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:34 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,297,131 times
Do unto others as you would have done unto you?

Screw that Jesus hippie. Leviticus is where these guys want to live.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:36 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yet they still believe that they have the moral high ground because they believe Trump's sins are dwarfed in the eyes of God by the "abominations" of the LGBT community. Trumpism, at its core, is a backlash against the 2015 SCOTUS decision legalizing same-sex marriage. Trump supporters are driven by their hatred towards anybody and everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like them. People are still butthurt over the White House being lit up rainbow to celebrate it.
Where in the world do you get this stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.