Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 08:38 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,606,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It is impossible to "sucker punch" someone who is already putting their hands in your face.
She had already turned and her back was facing him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 08:38 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,768,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
in a country with over 300 million citizens, the media has to search far and wide to find an obscure story to stir up racial animosity every single day.
The search far and wide for man bites dog videos that stir up the right kind of racial animosity.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:44 AM

6,394 posts, read 4,119,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I realize that they tend to exaggerate. It is just when you see a police station and one officer smacks another one that I wondered if it was culture? Even in some stores, in those programs, one customer would hit another one. These scenes play out in so many programs and they don't add to the 50 foot jumps and wall climbing; so that is why I ask the question and maybe, somebody from South Korea, can answer the question.
I assure you. What you describe from those programs are pure fiction.

There are two cultures at work in east Asia just like there are two cultures at work in America. One is real life and one is in the movies.

Think back to american movies. Have you ever watched a black people comedy? Are real life black people as loud and obnoxious as those characters in those annoying black people comedy? For the most part, no.

Even in white people comedy. Do real life people act like Will Ferrell? Probably not.

Or let's talk action movies. Do real life cops act like Rambo or Sylvester Stallone?

If the answer is no, why must real life Asian people act like Asian TV characters?

Old 08-14-2018, 08:51 AM

13,977 posts, read 5,636,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The woman initiated contact first. Violation of the NAP.

Game over. Goodnight. Good luck.
Yep.

Not a hard concept, and the video clearly shows the woman initiating force.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:56 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
With the video going viral there is little chance that it can be settled without lawyers involved. Too many people looking to make money or they want to use the video to support their side of an argument.

It's not like the old days where you sent Jimmy over to tell Bob's family that he was sorry! Then it was uncomplicated. Nothing like technology!
yep

Like I said earlier, if I were the business owner, I would choose to do some damage control. Like it or not, admit it or not, making this a big deal is not in his best interest.

Maybe apologize to her and offer some free treatment. After a while, people will forget about this incidence and find something else to be mad about.

It is not easy to start a business, it only takes something like this to ruin a business. I hope he makes wise choice.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:59 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
There sure are a lot of tough men and women on this forum. Not seeing anything wrong with sucker punching a woman [or man] in the face when they're walking away. I have a feeling he could have shot her and we'd be seeing excuses such as it was 4 against 1 or she might have turned away to pull a gun.
Have to say I agree with you.

I think if the woman "punched" him first, then yes, he had every single right to defend himself.

I've watched the video twice, lol from what I've seen, it seems to ME that this woman was done arguing and she walked away. She did not try to "hit" him.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:59 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,880,031 times
[quote=Suburban_Guy;52793132]Pretty sickening, no excuse for punching a woman like that in front of her son.

For sure there will soon be very vocal protests and possibly boycotts against asian owned salons across the country if this continues. These people are shooting themselves in the foot with this kind of physically hostile behavior against customers.

Doesn't it seem like this kind of physical response to minor issues has just exploded recently? I don't recall many of these jack@ss stories in the past.

Why is violence the answer to everything, no matter how insignificant? Seems rage is bubbling beneath the surface of so many...

Anyone here who would admit to responding in this way... that can give a clue why???

Old 08-14-2018, 09:00 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,633,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Nope, she’ll do it again. It may sound “racist” or whatever, but black women have a hard time controlling themselves when they get angry, and many of them think they have the right to get in people’s faces. I’ve seen it many many times.
Tommy Sotomayor does an excellent job pointing this out. I urge all of you to check him out on youtube

Old 08-14-2018, 09:09 AM

13,977 posts, read 5,636,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Have to say I agree with you.

I think if the woman "punched" him first, then yes, he had every single right to defend himself.

I've watched the video twice, lol from what I've seen, it seems to ME that this woman was done arguing and she walked away. She did not try to "hit" him.
She put her hands on him. That is an initiation of force. Period.

The NAP is very simple. She initiated force and in doing so, voluntarily surrendered her natural rights. The store owner responded with morally justified defensive force.

That should be the end of it. Force was initiated, it was responded to with defensive force the victim of the initiation felt proper, everyone walked away. It takes our broken laws and outside observers to complicate it into something much more convoluted.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:10 AM

20,153 posts, read 9,043,504 times
bet she won't do that again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies