Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:19 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Bull!

Handle it's own "bad guys"? No, not bad guys. Rapists, pedophiles and child abusers.

They did not fire these guys. They didn't make an example out of any of them. They didn't pay for counseling for victims. They didn't help these victims at all. They didn't care about the impact the abuse had on victims, their families or the congregations.

Handle it's own? No. .
RCC promoted pedophile shufflers Law & Egan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 05:49 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Being a Catholic myself, I say defrock those priests and lock their butts up. They don't deserve to be priests. There is a big difference between what the church teaches and what those priests have done.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:51 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
It's sad, but you reap what you sow.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's sad, but you reap what you sow.
not sad. Karma.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:26 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Cook County Court documents state the following - which explains why abuse seems to have dropped. It hasn't dropped, it's just being covered up even better than before:

Quote:
On information and belief, the Archdioceses and Dioceses across the United States, including the Archdiocese of Chicago, have been instructed to destroy documentation of sexual misconduct by priests and/or to send any of this material to the Holy See inorder to claim it is immune from public discovery or disclosure.
I don't know when this was mandated, but I'm guessing it was done under the edict of Pope Benedict. There's a reason he's staying in the Vatican. It means he has immunity from prosecution.

Anyone read any of the documents of the priests in the link Magritte posted? The Catholic Church is as shady as the police are when it comes to protecting their own even if it means lives have been ruined. And in case you're wondering where all that money on Sunday is going - it's not to the priests. In the case I've been reading the creep was in the priesthood for 30 years and was making $20K a year.

I stopped going to mass years ago. I miss many things about the shared community but I will not support a criminal organization.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

I stopped going to mass years ago. I miss many things about the shared community but I will not support a criminal organization.
Me, too, and I do not miss it, as I recognize it was "fake spirituality".

It is talk the talk, but do not walk the walk.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Have to address the root problem before you can attempt to start figuring out a way to solve the problems it creates down the road.

I cannot just accept that NO ONE knows why they become this way or how to prevent it.
Read this:

https://www.amazon.com/Goodbye-Good-.../dp/1621574261

If this scandal doesn't make the case for reversing Vatican II, then I don't know what does.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:42 AM

The RCC must be taken care of by the legal system, with or without their consent.

There are media reports I have seen indicating a NY Grand Jury will have findings even more enormous than Pa.

The next few years will present a great opportunity for the legal system to do what the RCC has refused to do. It will require a go for the throat mentality from district attorneys. No holds barred, no penalty, nor change of laws, too extreme.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
One has to wonder where God himself is with all this going on in his own church?!

He destroyed 2 cities in a dramatic supernatural way due to sexual sin going on there, but this going on in the church for decades and he does absolutely nothing?

Old 08-19-2018, 12:28 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The RCC must be taken care of by the legal system, with or without their consent.

There are media reports I have seen indicating a NY Grand Jury will have findings even more enormous than Pa.

The next few years will present a great opportunity for the legal system to do what the RCC has refused to do. It will require a go for the throat mentality from district attorneys. No holds barred, no penalty, nor change of laws, too extreme.
Improbable - There were only 2 cases in PA which were chargeable. That will be the pattern. Maybe if they can find some recent cases that were covered up. But that is unlikely - Obvious the RCC stopped the record keeping, at least locally, in 2002.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies