Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2018, 06:01 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times

Advertisements

The typical black conservative can't forgive the Democratic party for some racist things it did 100 years ago but will forgive the Republican party for something racist everyday.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:06 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Yes, they switched to the Republican Party.
And the Republican party is not currently governing Chicago, or many other low income high crime cities like Baltimore or DC, that would be the Democrat party.

Some of us actually notice these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The typical black conservative can't forgive the Democratic party for some racist things it did 100 years ago but will forgive the Republican party for something racist everyday.
Who said I was republican?

I have conservative views, that doesn't make me republican. Both R and D have failed blacks and continue to fail blacks.

It's 2018, the reparations are not coming.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:07 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Most liberals “hate” conservatives regardless of their color.

Same with conservatives. They hare Black liberals for being loyal to Dems.

It’s not real hate, just political hate

Well, for some people it isn’t real hate but for others... lol. Their policies tell it all.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:08 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
And the Republican party is not currently governing Chicago, or many other low income high crime cities like Baltimore or DC, that would be the Democrat party.

Some of us actually notice these things.
GOP govern some extremely poor states.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Most liberals “hate” conservatives regardless of their color.
But only black conservatives get accused of being Uncle Toms, race traitors, sellouts, etc.

That's what we call a double standard.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
GOP govern some extremely poor states.
The black community is not loyal to the GOP. So the GOP is not responsible for the welfare of blacks, Democrats are.

If the GOP governs "poor states" that still doesn't change the crime rate in minority neighborhoods governed by Democrats

Old 08-19-2018, 06:16 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
You cannot change history. Democrats are the part of KKK, Jim Crow, and Slavery

How appropriate that the author of current black social problems is not the political party outright rejected by the black community, but the one we blindly supported by the black community.
I never said I was changing history. You said "liberals". I mentioned that Democrats were not liberals in the 19th century. They were conservative for the 19th century, particularly southern Democrats. And the Republicans were the liberals at that time.

And the current problems of fatherless homes and high welfare receipt were taking place in the Black population BEFORE the "welfare state" took place. Go read the Moynihan Report. That problem goes back to the 1950s, long before the support for Democrats surged to high levels.

And don't try to play coy with me regarding Blacks and their support for the Democratic Party these days. A better question is when did support for the Republican Party among Black drop? It started in the 60s with Lyndon B. Johnson. Say what you will about him, but he got the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act signed. Republican candidate Barry Goldwater was against it. While there were many Republicans in the Senate who fought hard for the bill, the main clincher was not political party, but region. Plenty of northern Republicans supported the bill, but no southern Republican did. Democrats from both regions supported the bill. After alot of civil rights legislation got passed, more White southerners started drifting away from the Democratic Party in the late 1960s to early 1970s. Jesse Helms, Trent Lott, both were ardent segregationists. They were once Democrats in the 60s. They became Republicans in the early 1970s.
Blacks perceived the Republican Party to be pandering to white supremacy during the 1960s, therefore, Black support for the Republican Party dropped alot, and stayed low.

https://www.nytimes.com/1996/09/19/u...gainst-it.html

Consider this. In the 1964 Presidential election, LBJ won most the USA. Goldwater, who was against the Civil Right Act, only won 6 state. 5 of those states are Deep South states. Later on, Nixon's political strategist Kevin Phillips said this of the Southern Strategy.

Quote:
"From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats."
I've also mentioned the Lily White Movement within the Republican Party towards the early 20th century. It was a very anti-civil rights movement within the Republican Party. Here is more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily-white_movement

One more thing. A majority of Blacks don't live in the ghetto, they aren't on welfare, and stuff like welfare, fatherless homes, these are choices. All of this can be prevented by not having kids out of wedlock. Alot of this can be prevented by seeking out spouses who actually have their act together.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And the current problems of fatherless homes and high welfare receipt were taking place in the Black population BEFORE the "welfare state" took place. Go read the Moynihan Report. That problem goes back to the 1950s, long before the support for Democrats surged to high levels.
BEFORE the welfare expansion, the black statistics were just fine. They have only gotten WORST since then. As 13% of the population, blacks have the lowest room for error.

The Moynihan report was in 1965. Great Society started in 1964. The 1960s was when the black family disintegration started, hence the report in 1965.
Quote:
The American economists Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell argue that the significant expansion of federal welfare under the Great Society programs beginning in the 1960s contributed to the destruction of African American families. Sowell has argued that "the black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa...mily_structure

This is not controversial, it makes perfect sense. Liberal/Democrat policies that subsidize single parent household are the foundation of the disintegration of the black nuclear family.

Not slavery, not white police, not conservatives, not Republicans, but liberal policies. This is why so many black kids grow up without fathers: because it's financially beneficial.

Every single day I wake up as a black man and think about what is wrong with my community. All it takes is a little bit of research and it all makes sense: single parent black household paid by Uncle Same.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:39 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
I'm not sure what the fuss is about, it was a racist group comprised of whites what does party affiliation have to do with what's taking place today other than to say First they were affiliated with one party but when it benefited their cause, there was no divide among who wore the robe and perpetrated crimes against others

================================================== ===============
================================================== ===============

Snippet from one of the links the OP provided:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

"The members of the first Klan in the South were exclusively Democrats. The second Klan expanded with new chapters in cities in the Midwest and West, and reached both Republicans and Democrats, as well as men without a party affiliation.

"Catholic and liberal Democrats—who were strongest in northeastern cities—decided to make the Klan an issue at the 1924 Democratic National Convention in New York City. Their delegates proposed a resolution indirectly attacking the Klan; it was defeated by one vote out of 1,100.[131] The leading presidential candidates were William Gibbs McAdoo, a Protestant with a base in the South and West where the Klan was strong, and New York Governor Al Smith, a Catholic with a base in the large cities. After weeks of stalemate and bitter argumentation, both candidates withdrew in favor of a compromise candidate.[132][133]
================================================== ================

Lifting the Klan mask revealed a chaotic multitude of antiblack vigilante groups, disgruntled poor white farmers, wartime guerrilla bands, displaced Democratic politicians, illegal whiskey distillers, coercive moral reformers, sadists, rapists, white workmen fearful of black competition, employers trying to enforce labor discipline, common thieves, neighbors with decades-old grudges, and even a few freedmen and white Republicans who allied with Democratic whites or had criminal agendas of their own. Indeed, all they had in common, besides being overwhelmingly white, southern, and Democratic, was that they called themselves, or were called, Klansmen.[59]
================================================== =================
================================================== =================

Who pledges allegiance to the republican and much of the conservative parties today, I do believe it's those other nice people, you know the ones Trump said there are good people on both sides when he was talking about the ones spewing hate."

The southern Democrats back in the day yes hated black people, but again, they switched over to the GOP to stomp out any progress of blacks. You can keep trying to yell from the roof about dems back in the day, but those dems are now your repubs.

You can go on and on about the past all you want, but many of those so called early day liberals and democrats switched party affiliation from Democrat to Republican. Not that it matters as many of us know we have to always look out for ourselves in the end but given a choice what have you got in mind for us lately. Do we go with the enablers or the ones who have a foot to our neck. At least with the enabler, those who don't want to be crippled have room to make smart choices, there's no breathing room with the other, they are just waiting to end you at any given moment.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few people whom I have the utmost respect for in any of the parties, I just know better than to turn my back to leave them unchecked for long periods of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtIuqs3xJog

Old 08-20-2018, 02:43 AM

482 posts, read 242,453 times
Quote:
Why do liberals hate black conservatives or any person of color with conservative views? They call them Uncle Toms, Oreo, House negros, self hatred, sellout, shuck and jive, race traitors, Stockholm syndrome etc. but it makes no sense. Matter of fact I get accused of being a white poster which is pretty hilarious.

Are people of color allowed to hold conservative views? Are they allowed to hold their race accountable? Do their conservative views change the color of their skin? Last time I check prominent black conservatives Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Kanye West, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, and Condi Rice were are still black.

I'm a black conservative and I'm proud. It means I don't depend on white guilt liberals to feed our house me. My own achievements are 100% dependent upon my on effort and hard work.

The liberal intolerance and and insults for minorities who align with conservatism is alarming.

Liberals will never change the minds of black conservatives like myself and Ben Carson. The expansion of liberal welfare polices have only hurt our community, turning an emergency welfare fund into way of life while subsidizing children born and raised without father figures.

This doesn't mean I need to vote Republican. This just means I have conservative views. City data liberals, please stop accusing conservative people of color of self-hatred. It's asinine.
Honestly, minority conservatives sorta get a free pass from white liberals from what I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies