Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 08:51 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They used to know how to deal with this problem.....until they didn’t.
Cover it up? Yeah, you can't get away with anything these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 08:54 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
homosexuals who prey on children have ruined the Church.
The Church did everything in its power to protect them, so - from where I'm sitting, the Church ruined itself. The Church provided a safe environment for predators, and you're focused on the fact that it was same-sex attraction? There was a guy who said something clever about motes and beams and eyes, Jewish carpenter, very cool dude. You should look him up.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:55 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Cover it up? Yeah, you can't get away with anything these days.
I blame the liberal media. After all they could rape children in peace with God taking care of it instead off all this outrage.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:58 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If homosexual culture in the Church was prominent wouldn't the left be in support of that ?

Maybe have a religious parade showing everyone how great it is.
It sure beats raping little boys and girls.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:11 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Are these clergy actually gay, or do they just deem it less of a sin to boink little boys instead of fornicating with an adult female? Is it just a matter of enjoying the low hanging fruit?

Old 08-18-2018, 09:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Are these clergy actually gay, or do they just deem it less of a sin to boink little boys instead of fornicating with an adult female? Is it just a matter of enjoying the low hanging fruit?
Gay men don't 'boink' little boys. They boink other gay men.

Pedophiles are attracted to little boys and apparently the catholic church.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'd love to be able to isolate it to one church and I'd be ecstatic to be able to blame Señor Lucifer.

That's what came to my mind, broad brush to cast there.

I ain't buying that.

Someone here is trying to make some sense of this messed up thread topic.

If you're homosexual but possibly prone to being a pedophile, don't become a priest. If you're an adult and don't think you can remain celebate in general, don't become a priest.

Pedophiles cannot avoid the temptation because they are manipulative slimy scum.

You cannot sell me on the idea that homosexual folks have anything to do with pedophilia whatsoever, barring some small percentage.

Priests cardinals bishops popes etc. that cover up the harm done to children in the name of God are lower than pedophiles and lower than pounded whale dung.

You're kind of new to this game called sarcasm huh?

Fun, isn't it.

My dad calls sarcasm the lowest form of wit, but I say, Git down with yer bad self.
Was that sarcastic? I can't tell.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 08-18-2018 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: Oh I get it..Oscar Wilde was gay

Old 08-18-2018, 09:30 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
During one of the apparitions with Mary in the 1970s she said the red hats (Cardinals) were like rats gnawing away at the foundation of her sons church and many mitres would be falling into hell.

Can't dispute that one.
I do think the RCC will be a tiny fragment of today within 50 years, as people wisely walk away from this purely evil business, which is all it is.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Plastic View Post
Because it's not homosexuals doing it.
I'm pretty sure these leaders are thinking they can keep pinning their disgusting behavior on their minority of choice if blaming the victims outright fails. But, times are changing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r6A2NexF88

Old 08-18-2018, 09:49 PM

129 posts, read 101,913 times
Why does the church expect when they require their priests to be celibate which goes against our strongest genetic purpose? Having known an ex priest who left due to the hypocrisy of fellow priests with girlfriends or seeing hookers or even having sex with the women who helped out at the church, I am surprised that this practice of requiring celibacy still goes on. Any organization that deals with large numbers of children where they will be an authority figure tends to attract pedophiles. We saw it in the Boy Scouts and other groups. I think Priests would be of better moral character and more able to deal with prisoners if they were allowed to get married and have children. They live in a world of their own and have no idea of what it is really like to love a woman, have children and run a family. All they have is book learning which is dated in many cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies