Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 12:28 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times

Advertisements

Cardinal speaks out.

"I believe that there needs to be an open recognition that we have a very grave problem of a homosexual culture in the Church,” Burke said in an interview Thursday, “especially among the clergy and the hierarchy, that needs to be addressed honestly and efficaciously.”

The former head of the church’s equivalent of the Supreme Court claimed that "after the studies following the 2002 sexual abuse crisis that most of the acts of abuse were, in fact, homosexual acts committed with adolescent young men."

https://neonnettle.com/news/4816-car...-abuse-scandal

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-18-2018 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 12:30 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
I wonder whom he blames for the disgraceful cover-up the church is responsible for?

Old 08-18-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I wonder whom he blames for the disgraceful cover-up the church is responsible for?
The leadership of the Catholic church is counterfeit Christianity. Satan loves it.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:39 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Homosexuals!

The Catholic Church is as corrupt as our government. I'm reading the documents released by the Chicago Archdiocese on a priest accused three times and his arrogance is enraging - as though he was the victim.

It isn't homosexuals, it's pedophiles. These dopes sound smarter when they just shut their mouths and bless people.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:46 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The leadership of the Catholic church is counterfeit Christianity. Satan loves it.

They were certainly successful in driving me from organized religion.

Thank You Father!

Old 08-18-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It isn't homosexuals, it's pedophiles. These dopes sound smarter when they just shut their mouths and bless people.
The article addresses your false claim.

"Since all of the abusers were male and most of the victims were postpubescent males, “that is a problem called homosexuality,” Donohue stated.

Despite the media’s insistence on referring to a pedophilia crisis, the report revealed that “less than five percent” of the cases involved pedophilia, Donohue said, and studies done in subsequent years report approximately the same ratio.

“It’s been a homosexual scandal all along,” he said."

Old 08-18-2018, 01:26 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
For as long as I can remember, pedophile priests have been a problem. Why would this suddenly change now? I seriously doubt they will clean up their act. The Catholic church is the perfect hiding place for them.

Old 08-18-2018, 01:31 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
If homosexual culture in the Church was prominent wouldn't the left be in support of that ?

Maybe have a religious parade showing everyone how great it is.

Old 08-18-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If homosexual culture in the Church was prominent wouldn't the left be in support of that ?

Maybe have a religious parade showing everyone how great it is.
The left wants to portray it as a pedophile abuse issue and cover up that it's homosexuals who are the abusers just like they want to hide the fact that homosexuals account for a large percentage of new AIDS cases, per the CDC.

What's more, the left is pushing the pope to be the first to embrace homosexuality in the church.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The article addresses your false claim.

"Since all of the abusers were male and most of the victims were postpubescent males, “that is a problem called homosexuality,” Donohue stated.

Despite the media’s insistence on referring to a pedophilia crisis, the report revealed that “less than five percent” of the cases involved pedophilia, Donohue said, and studies done in subsequent years report approximately the same ratio.

“It’s been a homosexual scandal all along,” he said."
It's not my false claim. The study was flawed. It was self-reporting and the church said it was mostly teenage boys to give the impression these were consensual relationships.

I hope you don't believe everything the church says. That would be like believing everything police say about police abuse.

This is from a court document in Cook County, IL and directed to the Archdiocese of Chicago in a case about sexual abuse:

On information and belief, the Archdioceses and Dioceses across the United States, including the Archdiocese of Chicago, have been instructed to destroy documentation of sexual misconduct by priests and/or to send any of this material to the Holy See inorder to claim it is immune from public discovery or disclosure.

Do some research on the John Jay study. This is just one article saying the study was flawed.

https://news.northeastern.edu/2011/05/20/robinson/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies