Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 04:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

This is the first time I've heard of this so I'm not so sure the country united to do anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 05:07 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
And Bernie makes how many times more than his house cleaner, his secretary, his constituents?

Old 08-23-2018, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
And Bernie makes how many times more than his house cleaner, his secretary, his constituents?
A few. Do you really think that is the problem?

Old 08-23-2018, 05:10 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
What are "the rules of input/output"?
It's the OP taking his argument too far.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:30 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
It's been done in Catalonia to amazing results
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_Catalonia

Besides, worker cooperatives, despite being structured under a profit base system, are still mutual community run voluntary work places in places around Cleveland where both the state and the private industry have abandoned them.

It is the only moral direction for a free society to head.

People who cannot make it to the top and don't have the skills, the smarts and the cajones to start a business always want to be given things without contributing as much. No risk involved, just your hand out waiting for it to be filled by the efforts of others.

For years I posted in the Work and Employment forum on c-d and during that time I noticed there were three kinds of people. There were those who worked hard, were smart, not risk averse, and created their own businesses. The second group worked hard, educated themselves (whether through formal education or informal learning), showed up every day, and got to a place of comfort in their careers and with their salary so they were self-reliant. The bottom feeders complained about everything, saying it was impossible to get ahead without being a suck up, stating everyone in management is a sociopath, and the people at the top never worked. They thought the wealth should just be shared with everyone because it was "unfair" that someone else got rich off of their *hard work*.

It reminded me of siblings - one with a motor who would help around the house, mow lawns, shovel sidewalks and deliver newspapers so he would have some wam, and the other one who would do the bare minimum being asked of him, spending the rest of his time on the couch watching television, and complaining that it was unfair that his brother had all this money and he had none.

Get off your behind and create an empire you can run the way you see fit and quit complaining about the empires of others.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:40 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
People who cannot make it to the top and don't have the skills, the smarts and the cajones to start a business always want to be given things without contributing as much. No risk involved, just your hand out waiting for it to be filled by the efforts of others.

For years I posted in the Work and Employment forum on c-d and during that time I noticed there were three kinds of people. There were those who worked hard, were smart, not risk averse, and created their own businesses. The second group worked hard, educated themselves (whether through formal education or informal learning), showed up every day, and got to a place of comfort in their careers and with their salary so they were self-reliant. The bottom feeders complained about everything, saying it was impossible to get ahead without being a suck up, stating everyone in management is a sociopath, and the people at the top never worked. They thought the wealth should just be shared with everyone because it was "unfair" that someone else got rich off of their *hard work*.

It reminded me of siblings - one with a motor who would help around the house, mow lawns, shovel sidewalks and deliver newspapers so he would have some wam, and the other one who would do the bare minimum being asked of him, spending the rest of his time on the couch watching television, and complaining that it was unfair that his brother had all this money and he had none.

Get off your behind and create an empire you can run the way you see fit and quit complaining about the empires of others.

Well said. I started out in that sub forum as well and my observations closely match your own. Sometimes I wish I stayed over there and never ventured in to this cess pit, but the whining over there did get to be a bit much. lol

Old 08-23-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/q...ive-easing.asp

Or in more common terms. The largest single government welfare program ever devised to bail out those who failed miserably with their business.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:44 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Well said. I started out in that sub forum as well and my observations closely match your own. Sometimes I wish I stayed over there and never ventured in to this cess pit, but the whining over there did get to be a bit much. lol
Yes, and when some of the whiners made their way here, I knew what we were about to get, and as usual, they didn't disappoint.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:47 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
Quote:

Ridiculous and shallow. Suggesting a better system does not make one lazy. If you lived during the feudal era would you just shut up and work or suggest change when possible.

Furthermore the obsession with ‘building an empire’ is destroying this country. There is only a finite amount of capital in this country and for a few to make it big many must stay down. People have different abilities and practice them to different degree but no one has the sole ability to build an empire by themselves. In a free society even if Bezos worked harder than everyone else (he doesn’t) the amount he receives in compensation does not reflect how much more he produces.

Greed is not great, wanting to dominate the world makes you forget about community and each achievement that is accomplished by a collective group of people gets credited to one individual who believes he has excess abilities beyond his mental and physical capabilities. And from then on you get excess control of capital that turns in invisible control, which turns into a form of state control.

Work hard, but do not limit the work of others just because because you can only think about yourself, society was built on personal ownership, not on the privatization of labor nor the privatization of control on capital.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:53 AM

18,498 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/st...69466052538368

Just think, Bezos makes many times more than the average worker yet does not produce as much as they do. He should be paid less by the rules of input/output but because he controls the distribution of cash he makes the most.

Corporate CEOs generally lack basic trade skills that are needed to keep a society functioning and moral in nature, instead they are skilled at winning state subsidies, cutting financial costs that don't directly benefit their bottom line, and outsourcing production AND marketing. This is why when Obama or Trump selects one of them to help the US economy, they fail, because they have no real skills.

These concepts are basic yet everyone criticizes Bernie on this one tweet, why?
Why? Because every American thinks that they will be like Jeff Bezos someday.

End thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies