Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 07:34 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,951,786 times

Advertisements

Nine years to the day of the same type of rare brain cancer. Both of these men were very destructive to America.

"PHOENIX – U.S. Sen. John McCain died nine years to the day after his good friend Sen. Ted Kennedy — both of the same kind of cancer.

McCain, R-Ariz., died Saturday a little more than a year after he was diagnosed with glioblastoma, a rare form of brain cancer that affects roughly 10,000 Americans a year.

Kennedy, D-Mass., a close friend of McCain's in the Senate, was diagnosed in May 2008 and died Aug. 25, 2009."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/1102340002/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 07:37 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
McCain was one of the few GOP candidates I voted for....twice!

This is what you voted for, and you're proud....fits right in with most lefties...

Quote:
“I’m freer than colleagues who will face the voters again. I can speak my mind without fearing the consequences much. And I can vote my conscience without worry.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
It is shameful how trump made a joke of McCain's service to the USA. And trumps gutless followers, including some who are vets themselves, jumped on the trump bandwagon discrediting McCain. Pitiful.

I said very early in this thread, he deserves respect from the military side, but not from the Congressional side....maybe you should go back and re-read those from the those that are military.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:37 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,079,504 times
I would never wish brain cancer on any human being. Having said that, I am wishing peace for his daughter, Sidney, and his two adopted sons. I hope they have healed over him leaving their mother for a woman nearly two decades younger than him. His first wife stood by him through his years as a POW, despite her own hardships and pain from an accident that nearly cost her life.
I hope people remember them, too, and not just his current family.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:43 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,852,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
These people are sick...that come on here bashing someone who just died...and for nothing more than just Politics. Really sick and really evil.

As a Military man who put his life on the line in the Military, and then spent the rest of his life
as a Public servant to the people of America....I salute you John McCain, and rest in peace.
Prayers for your family.
Look at it like this. President Trump tweeted a condolence to McCain's family and the lefties and leftist celebs attacked him viciously for it. That is the left playing politics using McCain's death to do so.

So if people point out facts about McCain, they are accused of "bashing someone for nothing more than politics". See? There's no winning with the leftists.
Theirs is a cause that will use any opportunity to attack the opposing side no matter what tragedy they choose to hijack.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:46 AM

7,191 posts, read 6,843,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
"The New York Times reported late Saturday night that Senator John McCain will lie in state at the Arizona Capitol building and then the U.S. Capitol before being buried at Annapolis, Md."

I think this is highly appropriate.

The Trump issue is a quandary. Considering his childish behavior toward McCain, if I were McCain's family, I would not want Trump near him.
McCain himself said that he didn’t want Trump at his funeral.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:51 AM

2,362 posts, read 780,202 times
RIP. I hated your politics, but you were brave and a fighter. And any man can respect that in another man.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:56 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,166,761 times
All you idiots on the left were cheering Randa Jarrar when barbra bush died and her freedom of speech.....and it's all good, she can speak her mind.....now when people speak their mind about....well, the lefty posts on here speak for themselves....congrats lefties....you should feel proud in your hypocrisy.....

Outrage as California prof calls Barbara Bush 'amazing racist' and says she's happy 'witch is dead' | Fox News

Last edited by chucksnee; 08-26-2018 at 08:55 AM..

Old 08-26-2018, 08:11 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,785,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
All you idiots on the left were cheering Randa Jarrar when barbra bush died and her freedom of speech.....and it's all good, she can speak her mind.....now when people speak their mind about....well, the lefty posts on here speak for themselves....congrats lefties....you should feel proud in your hypocrisy.....

Outrage as California prof calls Barbara Bush 'amazing racist' and says she's happy 'witch is dead' | Fox News
Even after a death, you can always count on whataboutisms.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:23 AM

57,388 posts, read 26,302,134 times
You can always count on the CD faithful to turn someone's death into a moment to post malicious remarks.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I read Trump's twitter feed a lot. Just to see the lunacy, venom and bile cast at this man on a daily basis no matter what he posts.

So he posts this message

"My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!"

The liberal response? Blasting Trump again. Trump could post Merry Christmas and liberals would hate that too. lol One person said, "everyone hates you." Really, are you that so far attached from reality that you think NO ONE voted for or supports Trump? Then they contrasted Trump's tweet with a far more detailed message from Obama about Mccain's death. A heart felt message praising his courage and sacrifice.

Umm no. It's a load of baloney. This is the asinine games of dirty politics. I don't recall Obama ever having high praise for Mccain. Oh but liberals started to love him when he turned against Trump. Now suddenly Mccain is one of the greatest politicans of our time. I have no doubt that Obama wrote his statement purely out of a motive to make Trump look bad by comparison.

Trump made himself look bad when he disparaged a POW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies