Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 01:56 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,568,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly. Come to Charlotte one of the fastest growing cities in the entire country. NASCAR racing employs more than 75,000 in this metro and it's growing in leaps and bounds.

The intolerant Leftist hatred of most of American is why they can no longer win elections.
For every Republican who likes to puff out his chest with "the NFL is dying" - - NASCAR has been losing way more viewers. Even the Charlotte Observer realizes it.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...201489549.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davecal.../#1595d8911df5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 02:03 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,568,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
So I assume you'll be supporting my half (whatever you mean by that) since you want to see a world where corporations don't think it is in their interests to do things like this that are ridiculous?
No, I'll support what I believe in, and that isn't conservative causes or ideology.

Republicans love to give lip service to open free markets and then when those markets go against conservative interests, it's all this gnashing of teeth. You don't like the stuff happening in Hollywood, have Republicans make their own movies. You want John Schattner still being a pizza maker, go fund him a new pizza venture and only buy from him. You did it with news outlets - - now move onto these next ventures.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:22 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Pretty dang stupid reason to pull sponsorship.

Though this neener neener crap this thread has turned into is pretty dumb as well.

Sins of my father - LOL.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A NASCAR driver has lost a corporate sponsor because his father once used the n-word in a radio interview. The incident happened before the driver was even born.

https://www.theindychannel.com/sport...r-30-years-ago

Unto the seventh generation ..., by Steve Sailer - The Unz Review

Now, that is getting out of hand!!
The guy wasn't even born then.

I'm sure he picked up a better sponsor.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:27 PM

5,746 posts, read 4,704,331 times
I could see them pulling their sponsorship if the driver was actually the one that said it.

But to pull their sponsorship because of something the driver's father said, before he was born, is ridiculous.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:21 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Pretty dang stupid reason to pull sponsorship.

Though this neener neener crap this thread has turned into is pretty dumb as well.

Sins of my father - LOL.
SJW liberals have gone too far this time.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:40 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
SJW liberals have gone too far this time.
Yeah because SJWs are all about NASCAR -- LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Old 08-25-2018, 03:59 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I read it and it reminded me right away of the Bolsheviks and later on the red terror. Persecuting people for what their father, grandfather, distance relative, etc did. Not that the dropping of a sponsorship is even close to such events, but the "sins of the father" concept is pretty similar.

The son or grandson, cannot remember, of one of the Munich terrorists is running for office in California, I wonder what the outcry would be if this same or any organization dropped him for what his father or grandfather did.
I thought that too Bolshevism or some kind of "reverse Nazism" where all whites are blood liable for the Nazi party and we must control every little thing white people particularly are allowed to say if not think and surrounded them with non-whites wherever they are, or why they're liable to all devolve into Nazis .

I think it is this essentially racist thinking behind PCism and mass immigration. Radical Jewish and other leftist seemed to be pushing this since the end of WWII. I'm not buying that corporations do these ridiculous PC things because of $$$ concerns. Corporations push such ridiculous things they'd have to be money losers if anything. I think corporations are just doing what the government and other globalist overlords are directing them to do. The government can't very well sanction a race car driver or in this case his relative directly for saying the word for black trash or whatever else with the 1st amendment in place but they can have corporations do it.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:02 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
I could see them pulling their sponsorship if the driver was actually the one that said it.

But to pull their sponsorship because of something the driver's father said, before he was born, is ridiculous.

I'm still thinking it may be nothing but a convenient excuse to take their money elsewhere.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:08 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Interesting how wildly vindictive America is becoming (or how panicked corporations are becoming).

Perhaps we should ban Jared Kushner from the White House, since his father is a felon.
Or Barrack Obama because his dad was a dead beat cad lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies