Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 12:06 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
NASCAR is dead anyway. Not enough yokels to finance it.....

How silly. Come to Charlotte one of the fastest growing cities in the entire country. NASCAR racing employs more than 75,000 in this metro and it's growing in leaps and bounds.

The intolerant Leftist hatred of most of American is why they can no longer win elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 12:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
I don't care enough about Nascar or the driver to feel anything.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I haven't heard of them, the driver or his father. And I was actually a pretty big NASCAR fan in the 80s.

derek daly was not a nascar driver, he was a sports car driver at various levels. this will give you an idea of his career;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Daly

Old 08-25-2018, 12:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Nothing much to say on this one. Lol

Old 08-25-2018, 12:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly. Come to Charlotte one of the fastest growing cities in the entire country. NASCAR employs more than 75,000 in this metro and it's growing in leaps and bounds.

The Leftist hatred of most of American is why they can no longer win elections.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/28/nasc...rmula-one.html

It's been losing TV viewers. It's having trouble filling the stands, even after losing tens of thousands of seats from its stadiums. And perhaps most worrisome of all, it's losing sponsors, and those that remain are paying less than they used to. NASCAR declined a request for comment.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davecal.../#6526b9b21df5

Live attendance and television ratings at NASCAR races did not just start declining yesterday. It is a stale, decade-old story, with race tracks removing thousands of seats that had been filled in NASCAR’s prime, and faithful stock-car couch potatoes tuning elsewhere.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...cost/86587042/
Fans explain why they stopped attending NASCAR races

https://beyondtheflag.com/2018/05/04...ase-dwindling/
NASCAR: The real reason the sport’s popularity and fanbase are dwindling

Old 08-25-2018, 12:23 PM

^You simply proved you can google up web links and post them. I don't do battle of the web links.

Why don't you come to the Charlotte metro, a place so important to both political parties, they both hold conventions here in the same decade, and see for yourself. NASCAR isn't dying. But I get why the leftists want to pretend that it is.

And if Democrats can't start winning places like Suburban Charlotte, instead of hating on the people there, then, they have little chance of winning back any battle ground state.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:56 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
^You simply proved you can google up web links and post them. I don't do battle of the web links.

Why don't you come to the Charlotte metro, a place so important to both political parties, they both hold conventions here in the same decade, and see for yourself. NASCAR isn't dying. But I get why the leftists want to pretend that it is.

And if Democrats can't start winning places like Suburban Charlotte, instead of hating on the people there, then, they have little chance of winning back any battle ground state.

Why don't you supply something factual supporting your contention that NASCAR is booming, and that would be nationally, not just in one urban area. Falling NASCAR TV ratings and race attendance can be supported by facts despite your supposed aversion to web links.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:01 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
I read it and it reminded me right away of the Bolsheviks and later on the red terror. Persecuting people for what their father, grandfather, distance relative, etc did. Not that the dropping of a sponsorship is even close to such events, but the "sins of the father" concept is pretty similar.

The son or grandson, cannot remember, of one of the Munich terrorists is running for office in California, I wonder what the outcry would be if this same or any organization dropped him for what his father or grandfather did.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:07 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,500,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why don't you supply something factual supporting your contention that NASCAR is booming, and that would be nationally, not just in one urban area. Falling NASCAR TV ratings and race attendance can be supported by facts despite your supposed aversion to web links.
Go build a spec motor for a Nascar and get back to me on how much you spent in engineering machine shop work and componentry to last.

I used to race stock cars when I lived in NY. It's not a poor man's sport.
I saw engines in open wheel modifieds that probably cost more than your house.
Never mind what a spec Nascar race ready engine would cost.

Think it's for inbred hillbillies or only in one city in North Carolina... look at where other race team owners live, the money they bring and spend with them...

Toyota invests a TON of cash in NASCAR. Toyota Racing Development, they're based in California...

Many race team owners have their hands in multiple businesses outside of racing and race sponsors.
Hendrick-They have a chain of car dealers.
Earnhardts-They have a chain of car dealers.
Childress not only has other businesses he even has a charity for children.

There's money galore in Nascar. Engineers. Builders. Welders. Transport drivers. Team crews etc. There's more money in Nascar than any other professional sport...

Old 08-25-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
There's money galore in Nascar. Engineers. Builders. Welders. Transport drivers. Team crews etc. There's more money in Nascar than any other professional sport...

Yes Indeed. One of the USA's most advanced wind tunnels is located here in Charlotte for testing purposes, there are proving tracks, advanced engine design, etc. and racing teams from around the world come here for engine design. Car parts design & manufacturing dot the area.

It's not just stock car racing.

The average salary for someone working in NASCAR in the CLT area is over $65,000/year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies