Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 12:50 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
One of Alinsky's "rules" is to create uncertainty, and that's what Democrats did here. They knew that they didn't have to prove her accusations, but that merely raising them - even without any evidence whatsoever - would be enough to derail the nominee they see as a threat to Roe v. Wade.
That's exactly right. These are Bolshevik tactics. We are now basically a country being run by communists.

And they will say I'm a conspiracy theorist or "crazy" and so on, but it's happening right before our eyes.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:50 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
I didn't see or hear the testimony from Ford but a lot of Kavanaugh supporters seem to be conceding defeat right now. Was her testimony that good?
If you listen to her scripted and somewhat 'timid' responses...you'd find that it was not good . It was ambiguous,disjointed. I give her credit for staying in character. ..
She did a great job at using here say ...stating her friend apologized. I'm sure many can apologize...but in what context ..was it...sorry you are going thru this? Sorry that I don't recall it (since none of us were there)...or sorry that you got into this mess.
It ired me that three sworn testimonis were being "dismissed" cuz...gosh we d like to interview them ! But here ...take these letters from her husband (who wasn't there) and from her therapist as proof.
As for mark judge....how an she jump to the conclusion he was avoiding her at the safe way and it was directly a way to confirm to her that he didn't want to discuss the supposed episode. She was projecting if so.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:51 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
I wonder if Kavanaugh drinks alcohol at all now. He seems to have been a serious binge drinker years ago. Sounds like a problem.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:51 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Quote:
I didn't see or hear the testimony from Ford but a lot of Kavanaugh supporters seem to be conceding defeat right now. Was her testimony that good?
As pointed out (Saul Alinsky 'Rules For Radicals')- there is no way we can win now because you people have made hearsay "truth".

Old 09-27-2018, 12:52 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Exactly. We are talking about kids at a party all highly intoxicated. Nobody in that state is really a credible witness.

My issue is, there seems to be no drinking problem issues or drinking induced inappropriate behavior from Kavanaugh since his adulthood. At least none the FBI found. So is digging into someones HS party days really going to be the new norm? If so, basically everyone in my HS would be disqualified lol.. Anyone who pretends they never drank and got a little out of control and did stupid things drunk in HS are either lying or in the tiny percentile of teenage saints.
Nonsense. I was at parties like this and in a couple of cases saw things like this happening. It shocked me to the core and drunk or not, I knew the difference between right and wrong. Figured out pretty quick who I wanted to be hanging out with. Kavanaugh apparently had a different upbringing than I did.

2,417 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
That's exactly right. These are Bolshevik tactics. We are now basically a country being run by communists.

And they will say I'm a conspiracy theorist or "crazy" and so on, but it's happening right before our eyes.

you and your President would know.

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
One of Alinsky's "rules" is to create uncertainty, and that's what Democrats did here. They knew that they didn't have to prove her accusations, but that merely raising them - even without any evidence whatsoever - would be enough to derail the nominee they see as a threat to Roe v. Wade.
There is a sure-fire solution for that..It's called AN FBI INVESTIGATION and if Kavanaugh has nothing to hide he should be insisting on one...a no brainer.

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Eastward Bound, Kavalier...I saw a few more but I'm not going back 10-15 pages to look for them.
Not necessarily conceding defeat, but yes, if there is no bombshell right now proving solid evidence, it will remain a he said/she said situation and I do not believe Flake, Collins or Murkowski will vote to confirm when it goes to the full Senate.

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
So, we learned, so far, that Ms. Ford is a 'frequent flyer,' even though she claimed "fear of flying" as a reason why she didn't want to testify before the Committee, initially. We also learned that she wasn't informed that she was given the option to testify privately in CA (so she wouldn't have to fly). We learned that it was Sen Feinstein who suggested Katz to her. We learned that she never mentioned Kavanaugh's name to her "therapists," and that she was at other parties with Kavanaugh as a high school student, where "nothing like this happened". So we are to believe that Kavanaugh suddenly became a monster.

We also learned she has some mental issues.

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There are cracks in the support.

There is a realization that nobody is going to win this battle...even if Kavanaugh is confirmed.
The Republicans could have easily won this battle by pivoting early on, not rushed this so much, and when it was clear Kavanaugh was a bad choice, picking a new candidate.

Now? They can try and salvage their dignity by pulling him and moving on. They've taken a lot of damage in this, and today has been absolutely brutal. If they push this for a full on vote, its going to hurt. A lot.

Trump could easily make this all go away for them.

The Democrats have really came out better off at the end of this, especially if Kavanaugh is confirmed. They will use that as a justification eventually to pack the supreme court with more people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies