Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 05:57 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Tell that to the 50% of white women who voted Trump in. They saw right through the bs and will do it again.
Show your source for that statistic please
I know he got more votes from women than I anticipated but don't think it was 50% of all registered white female voters

Old 09-27-2018, 05:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
So a woman who has fear for flying goes on “vacation” which is considered a fun time and goes through anxiety for having a fun time.

That doesn’t make sense.

Dennis Bergkamp who was a famous Dutch soccer player, had fear for flying and drive everywhere to be able to play. The rest of the team took a flight and Dennis drove all through Europe and took a boat trip to play in England.

My father in law had fear of flying and when we were young we flew with friends to Alicante in Spain while he and three other adult family members drove 23 hrs due to his fear of flying and he never visited us in the US due to his fear of flying.

There is a difference between not enjoying flying or having fear. Most people with fear won’t fly unless they have no choice and for sure don’t go on vacations by plane and then use the excuse of not able to attend a hearing due to fear of flying!

Ford is not consistent and her stories don’t add up. Maybe she made it up or she doesn’t know who did something to her while she had a bathing suit on with clothes over it.

To me she made women go back in time!
It makes perfect sense.

I know many who have a fear of flying and who travel for pleasure. They don't travel for business. They plan for it -- they are anxious about it but the end game is the vacation.

So Ford was asked to fly out last week, she has a fear of flying, she is being attacked and has to displace her family, she's being asked to get infront of the country to defend her claims...which she believes to be true. She did it -- but I'm sure it took some time to get her head in the game.

Fear is irrational and you can't approach it logically. Did it matter that she delayed the hearing two days? Really -- come on......find something of substance to criticize --

Old 09-27-2018, 06:00 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Kavanaugh's opening statement: Excellent! I believe him. He never did this. I believe Ms. Ford may have experienced something like she is describing at some time in her teen years, but I don't believe it was Kavanaugh, and she has no corroborating witnesses. Everyone she has named, even her "best friend," has denied such an event took place, or that she was ever at any party where Ms. Ford and Kavanaugh were present.

As to the alleged party and assault: I find it strange that she says there were four, possibly six people at the house (including her). That means, when she went upstairs, and was "pushed" into this bedroom by two guys, and the door closed, the music turned on ...that left at least half the party downstairs! And those people didn't wonder where everyone went? Nor did they question her when she ran out the door. Very hard to believe this tale.

Lindsay Graham nailed it! He blasted the Democrats for their behavior, and for what they were doing to Judge Kavanaugh and his family. He was spot on.

I think this is going to end up hurting the Democrats in a big way in November. Who would vote for them, condoning this kind of 3rd World "justice?" Guilty by accusation, and trial by public opinion, and the Democrats have said themselves, "there is no presumption of innocence."

Then there is Schumer, who said on the same day the President nominated Kavanaugh, just hours later, "I will fight this nomination with everything I've got."

All this not to mention the fact that the Democrats sat on this "information" for weeks ...information that they had even before Kavanaugh's nomination.

Even Susan Collins is reportedly "coming back to the Republican fold" because of this shameful conduct by Democrats, because she has received some very ugly emails and text messages (according to her). I forgot the adjective she used, but she has been totally disgusted with the pressure from the Left that she has gotten.

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Let the FBI investigate their claims along with all the others.
Sure, then three more women can make allegations over the weekend, a few men next weekend, then more, and the vote can be held after the 2018 or 2020 elections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Opposition to gay marriage is in the GOP platform. It's on the first page. Their opposition is laid out in detail.

The same woman that wouldn't give a gay couple a marriage license was also married four times and had two children out of wedlock.

Trump supporters definitely tend to be anti-gay. They want gay marriage to go back to the states, which is one of the many reasons they want Kavanaugh so much.
I would also point out that homosexuals were rounded up and put into concentration camps by the Third Reich
They were assigned pink triangles in concentration camps
They were considered unfit and abominations because the Nazis wanted breeders to swell the ranks
Although some of Hitler's friends were apparently gay and missed out on being shipped off...

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It makes perfect sense.

I know many who have a fear of flying and who travel for pleasure. They don't travel for business. They plan for it -- they are anxious about it but the end game is the vacation.

So Ford was asked to fly out last week, she has a fear of flying, she is being attacked and has to displace her family, she's being asked to get infront of the country to defend her claims...which she believes to be true. She did it -- but I'm sure it took some time to get her head in the game.

Fear is irrational and you can't approach it logically. Did it matter that she delayed the hearing two days? Really -- come on......find something of substance to criticize --
Maybe she gets knocked out or slipped drugs before flying like "Mr T" from "The A Team".

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Jesus, what an evasive Kavanaugh answer re: whether he was the "Bart Kavanaugh" in Mark Judge's book.
It is such a simple question.

I am surprised he didn't answer please describe the person you are referring to.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:04 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmaWildcat View Post
That's rich; a Trump voter calling anybody else a liar.
That's a point that went over the heads of many Kavanaugh/Trump defenders. Even if 100% of Ford's accusations are false, it's very hypocritical to flame her when they are undying sycophants of the Liar-in-Chief himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Maybe she gets knocked out or slipped drugs before flying like "Mr T" from "The A Team".
Plenty of people hate to fly and use sleeping pills or assistance--like needing a window seat, being in front of plane, never travel alone...
Apparently Ronnie Jackson in the WH med Corp was the guy to see if you were flying with the President (even Obama) and wanted something to take the edge off those long flights...

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I just love how Republican women throw other women, even sexual assault victims, under the bus. As a former rape counselor, I can assure you that NO sexual assault victim would subject herself and her family to such public abuse if the charges weren't true. Powerful men like Kavanaugh, who are sexual predators and never have to face confrontation about it, are EVERYWHERE. Get a clue.
Giving them more power is probably not a good idea. However, the GOP will shortly confirm him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies