Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 04:17 PM

988 posts, read 683,070 times

Advertisements

Easy to see from these comments how people are wrongfully convicted.

How many people in this thread have changed their opinion in response to Ford or Kavanaugh's testimony?

Start with preconceived notion or prejudice, twist world to see everything in that light. Evidence optional. Frame people if necessary.

Get to the bottom of this with an investigation. Get evidence.

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Alyssa Milano Has been checked by security at least three times.
She's still sitting back there, though.

19,218 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Or, like many women I know who have been through such things: they push it down, compartmentalize it, and hope like heck they never have to think of it again.
I see. But now she's willing to put herself in front of all of America because she's miraculously found the courage? Maybe, however the position of a federal judge is pretty powerful. I still don't quite understand why she only came forward now. Not trying to argue with you, honest. I'm just suspect as to why she didn't come forward 12 years ago.

3,084 posts, read 1,547,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Given that it was illegal to drink at the time for him (as he is lying about the drinking age), why would we consider him for this position?

Look, he is either knowingly lying in a clear attempt to deceive, OR he believes his own lies. Either one is disqualifying. And thats in addition to all the other lie he tells that everyone seems to ignore. Honesty should be a requirement for this job.
Are you really serious? You think high school kids care about the drinking age? Do you have any idea howmuch drinking goes on inhigh schools around the country esp private high schools? And sororites and fraternities? And the partying? I hate to tell you to get your head out of the sand but its so common, so very very common among girls and boys. None of this surprises anyone who knows anything about that age grp and population.

2,211 posts, read 1,574,375 times
Thom Tillis knows what's up.

Let us all go to the Senate Judiciary Website.

This ruse is not working and the Democrats should resign.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:18 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
My guess is he will be confirmed. They are not going to let this get delayed until after the election. However investigations will continue because the Dems will have the opportunity to prove the Repubs put a molester on the SC, and the Repubs will have the opportunity to show the Dems created a witch hunt and butchered a mans name and reputation just to play political games. The parties are so opposed, there will be far more resources available for these investigations than the FBI would ever apply.

I t will be interesting to see how it plays out. One party or the other may take a serious hit over this. Or it may result in a bunch of contradictory witnesses or evidence and just divide the county even more deeply.

The other interesting thing is the next nominee is very likely to be someone the Dems fear even more. Are they going to just stall this appointment for three or seven years? If they manage that, it will be clear our government is no longer functional (although that is pretty clear now).
Of course he'll be confirmed. TBH, was there ever a doubt in your mind? In anyone's mind? Trump and the Republican party have made it clear that they wanted this man on the SC at all odds and that's that. And no, our government is no longer functional as a two-party system. It's been hijacked by a one-party cult.

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Stop saying it as if it's a fact. I'd sure hate to have you on my jury if I've ever falsely accused of something for which there is no evidence!
If he is so innocent then why doesn't he answer the questions?

2,194 posts, read 1,140,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
Easy to see from these comments how people are wrongfully convicted.

How many people in this thread have changed their opinion in response to Ford or Kavanaugh's testimony?

Start with preconceived notion or prejudice, twist world to see everything in that light. Evidence optional. Frame people if necessary.

Get to the bottom of this with an investigation. Get evidence.
I mean, it's not like we've really learned anything new today.

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Graham gave his performance to be tapped as Attorney General once Sessions is shown the door.

What a worm.
They're all worms. It just depends on what type of worm they are.

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Alyssa Milano Has been checked by security at least three times.
Because she is a lunatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies