Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:25 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Too much Republicans who think we need a conservative on the court at all costs, even Flake.
Better another Conservative / Constitutionalist than a Liberal.

We need to avert continuing down the road where anything goes and established laws are ignored - where SCOTUS makes laws, The Constitution is tread upon, the role of government in our lives is increased, unreasonable redistribution of wealth, eradication of our position in the world, encouraging illegal immigration, and otherwise promising hand-outs and free stuff to all those without ambition or drive just in order to get votes for the Democratic Party.

Last edited by Rumann Koch; 09-28-2018 at 02:34 PM..

Old 09-28-2018, 02:26 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Anyone have any details on the scope of this limited FBI background investigation? I'm watching the news and not hearing it.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:27 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Thanks for a very civil post about your convictions, even if I see things differently.

However, the previous FBI investigations only looked at Kavanaugh's life after the age of eighteen, and he was only seventeen at the time of the alleged attack on Dr. Ford.

Personally, I think the truth of that claimed attack may never be absolutely proven either way. What concerns me just as much, if not more, are the additional uninvestigated claims of sexual violence, plus the apparent emotional instability we witnessed yesterday, instability which appeared to include a lot of anger to the point of rage, blaming, self-pity, weepiness, evasiveness, lack of dignity and self-control, and other traits inappropriate to a judge on the highest court in the land. Along with a sneering political bias against Democrats - why on earth did he bring up and blame the Clintons, who have absolutely nothing to do with this current mess?

Also, was it necessary for Kavanaugh to state "I like beer" SIX TIMES in one rambling run-on sentence, when asked about his teenage drinking habits?
I'm with you on this. Only those two and maybe Mark Judge know what happened that night. Maybe she's naming the wrong person and maybe he blacked out that night and doesn't remember it.

But his demeanor at the hearing was ugly and belligerent. I understand that he was angry if he believes he was wrongly accused, but judges are expected to have a judicial temperament and he does not. He set the tone for the second half of the hearing and it was hysterical. And the whole part about all of this being an attack by the left was way too partisan for a SC justice. He could have said everything he needed to say and kept the tone calm and professional. Dr. Ford was able to do it.

I really do believe that some of his behaviors are associated with alcoholism and wonder if he had a drink or two to calm his nerves before going into the Senate chamber.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:28 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
They cannot "ignore" anything else.

For any law enforcement agent to "ignore" a crime is a crime and a violation within itself.

If they interview someone and that person says "well I didn't see Brett rape anyone but he robbed a bank." Do you think that the FBI can just ignore that? Of course not. I'm being facetious, but my point is is that any accusation has to be looked into.

Of course but they don't need to be looking into his bank records or tax returns.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:29 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Fair thee well Roe V Wade. We enjoyed you while we had you.

The republicans want to rape the women, and want to force them to have the babies, but dont want to take care of them.

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
What if the FBI requires Kavanaugh to take a polygraph? I watched the entire hearing. I don't recall if anyone ever asked if Kavanaugh even knew who Ford was before the alleged incident.

He said he would take one if requested.

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Kavanaugh first acted like a belligerent drunk, then he acted like a weepy drunk.

Repubs want this sad sack on the Supreme Court? Pathetic.
AMERICA wants him on the bench, well, except Democrats - members of the party of slavery, then and now.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:31 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Flake just pulled one on the dems...and they don't even know it

The FBI will investigate the claims made against Kavanaugh....that means they will investigate Ford, her accusations, all the statements and contradictions to those statements she's made...and all of her witnesses she claimed were there and who have filed affidavits not only stating they don't know what she's talking about...but her key witness have filed a affidavit stating she doesn't even know Kavanaugh...and all of this after Ford has filed that these people were there

The republicans will have a written record from the FBI of what a sham this really is...........

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'm with you on this. Only those two and maybe Mark Judge know what happened that night. Maybe she's naming the wrong person and maybe he blacked out that night and doesn't remember it.

But his demeanor at the hearing was ugly and belligerent. I understand that he was angry if he believes he was wrongly accused, but judges are expected to have a judicial temperament and he does not. He set the tone for the second half of the hearing and it was hysterical. And the whole part about all of this being an attack by the left was way too partisan for a SC justice. He could have said everything he needed to say and kept the tone calm and professional. Dr. Ford was able to do it.

I really do believe that some of his behaviors are associated with alcoholism and wonder if he had a drink or two to calm his nerves before going into the Senate chamber.
Wow, so much to unpack there. You think he's an alcoholic and there's zero evidence to even remotely point to that - remember those 6 background investigations right? Also, you think he came across as ugly and belligerent? Maybe that's what you wanted to see because I had a completely different impression about him. I saw someone who was justifiably upset he was being wrongly accused. Who at times showed the emotional damage this caused to his family and loved ones. And one who was quite gracious to the person who was accusing him, seeing her for what she was, a person being cruelly used by the Democrats to score a political point. So good for you that you believe those things but really, nothing you believe rings remotely true to me. As to your accusations on him being an alcoholic? They're slander and the truth is that he is not or otherwise those six, count them six, investigations would have easily found that out.

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Until the accusers can be specific about when and where these incidents supposedly occurred, there is literally nothing to investigate.

Someone needs to find those two facts, or this "investigation" is going to be over very quickly indeed.
Kavanaugh's character is being investigated for this very important and critical job interview. He has lied on several occasions on other issues and these allegations are the catalyst for uncovering the qualifications and integrity of a SCOTUS candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies