Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 08:48 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Heck, don't start with alcohol abuse - let's start with arrest records, criminal records, spousal abuse, sexual abuse, sexual harassment claims, that sort of thing. We could clear out Congress and the Senate in record time if we start actually paying attention to character instead of party.
I know. These people’s hatred is a wonder to behold. I’d find it funny if it wasn’t so terrifying what they’re trying to do.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:49 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The idea that it is okay to throw a 15 year old girl, or any woman for the matter, down on a bed and attempt to rape her because "all parties were drinking," and "no physical injuries" came of it is repulsive.

If someone accused my husband or our sons of doing such a thing, everyone would just laugh. Yes, they all like their beer, but drunk or sober, they don't behave liked belligerent, entitled men.

Nor would any of them carry on either in public or in private about conspiracies and how certain people (other than me, of course ) are out to get them.

Nor would they sniffle and carry on like crybabies during a job interview.

And I can tell you for a fact that they wouldn't lie under oath.

If you are such a man, or married to such a man, or have raised such sons, you may want to reevaluate what being a man is all about.
Where do people come up with this stuff ?

Quote:
If someone accused my husband or our sons of doing such a thing, everyone would just laugh.
No - they'd arrest them and put them in jail pending a trial. Then - because of what is happening right now - they would have the burden to prove they did not do it. And their reputations, job prospects and family would be tainted for the rest of their lives. That includes yours.

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I keep hearing this <bold> and have to wonder "if what you say is true (proof please) that most victims don't report then how the hell does anyone know they are victims of anything?"
Great question. Most likely it’s becsuse it is in fact, rare. The Democrats have had to invent the “all men are rapists” narrative to legitimize their victimhood mentality and to continue to disparage men.

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
If the FBI doesn't come with anything new I doubt claiming Kav. is unfit for the USSC because of how he behaved at the hearing will work. The man was very angry and feels the accusation was politically motivated. The Dems want to stall the nomination until after the Nov. election. I get that.

But you can bet the FBI has already been trying to reach all the alleged witnesses.

Dr. Ford? Yes, I found her believable but... .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGxr1VQ2dPI
I don't expect his behavior to matter at all. It should, but it won't.

I understand anger in that situation, I wasn't expecting him to behave without emotion. I was expecting him to behave with a modicum of decorum befitting a federal judge up for a Supreme Court seat. No matter how often people keep saying it was appropriate, it wasn't. The idea that his highly partisan outbursts signaled the authenticity of his emotions and sincerity of his denials is just not believable.

Ranting about partisan conspiracy theories, revenge plots for Hillary and Trump, his words were clearly chosen to elicit a reaction from the far right wing base, it was not just righteous emotion. He is a judge, he knows how proceedings work and he has spent his career dealing with highly emotional situations. His job is to remain calm under pressure without fail and follow the law, not partisan politics. He also knows it's essential that he answers questions, to behave like a petulant child refusing to answer questions should be unacceptable to every American. These people are called "public servants" for a reason but a great many seem to have forgotten this and believe they are above and shouldn't have to answer to the people.

We all know he lied about the yearbook terms, anyone who denies this is partisan blind or exceptionally naive' A judge who lies at a hearing has no place on the Supreme Court. If he is willing to lie about little things that don't matter, why should we believe him on real concerns that do matter. How low has the president sunk the behavioral expectations of those who are supposed to stand as leaders and represent us all?

Body laguage "experts" are often used for political purposes when they are little more than entertainment. It's fine but not to be taken to seriously. There are some interesting ideas in body laguage but it's not objective science.

Last edited by detshen; 09-30-2018 at 09:10 AM..

Old 09-30-2018, 08:50 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Generally speaking, most serious investigations do require some sort of evidence to be presented before time and dollars are spent on an investigation.
Three separate women accusing K of sexual assault seems to qualify an investigation. Typically, a sexual abuser does not sexually abuse in public.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:51 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Passing out means unresponsive. After a period of time, a person will become conscious again. Typically, they have no memory immediately before passing out.

I am in the real world, I assure you. I have had to medically treat those who were "passed out" from alcohol.

So, you admit, they can be woken up.....

As you say you have to treat them....I'm not sure I'd want you treating anyone....especially with your bias against people who drink....

Old 09-30-2018, 08:52 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
I don't know about you but I have more self-respect than to consider what allegedly happened to Ford okay because kids will be kids. If my sons behaved like that, I would have ripped them a new one!

BTW, I believe there is no statute of limitations for sexual assault in Maryland.
Then why did Ford and Swetnick never file a police report even recently?

Old 09-30-2018, 08:52 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To the bold, then why does not ford go file a complaint? The local PD is open 24 hours a day? But again, you don't care about that....
She explained why during her testimony.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:53 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Three separate women accusing K of sexual assault seems to qualify an investigation. Typically, a sexual abuser does not sexually abuse in public.

So, the 3rd person who continued to go to parties, all the while knowing kav was the spiking the punch bowl, watching girls being gang raped, lines out the door waiting to get in......and you actually call that a credible witness?

Old 09-30-2018, 08:54 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To the bold, then why does not ford go file a complaint? The local PD is open 24 hours a day? But again, you don't care about that....
She’s afraid to fly, remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies