Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 12:05 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Funny how some people can't view these proceedings other than through lenses like yours, but your comment got me to wondering if there would be any such questions if Trump played a "woman card" instead of yet another older white male card by picking Kavanaugh in the first place. I guess we'll never be able to get past the race issues, sex issues when it comes to justice and politics, or anything else for that matter.
Now you are just being intentionally obtuse. As you know very well, this is all about the Democrats playing the woman card against Kavanaugh with these uncorroborated charges.

Don't you dare lie and try to deny it.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:06 PM

326 posts, read 199,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

That's easy to understand. What's hard for me to understand is why in the hell would ANY female wait 35 years to tell someone about a sexual assault.

It just makes it unbelievable... I don't care if you are Ms. Ford or Nicole Eggert.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:09 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I cannot find it either...it's to late for me delete that particular post.

Sorry.....
You can't find it? You don't remember? Something you "just" heard?!?

That's somewhat impossible when you or anyone else can simply Google as I did, "Monday not good for Ford Testimony." Everything comes up even remotely close!

Sorry? Really not sure what to make of that sort of thing, but the "hahahahah" bit to boot reminds me of better things to do with my day now. Thanks.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well I would hope that Kavanaugh would be present, haven't heard what the Dailey Caller reported.
Why should she have to corroborate her story, she is the victim if her story is correct. She is on record for 2 prior counseling sessions indicating the event so that certainly has weight.

This will boil down to who the senators believe.

she has to stand up before congress and give testimony, otherwise her allegations are rubbish. and this does mean standing up to cross examination. that is how our justice system operates.

i am also suspect of so called "repressed" memories that suddenly come out. that was big back in the late 80s and early 90s. a lot of men were accused of molesting their children as a result. only later after the damage was done was it found that 90% of the repressed memories were bull crap.

so if she doesnt show up, then these allegations are political ones, and there is no evidence behind them and no testimony from the accuser.

it would be like some one accusing you of committing armed robbery with no evidence, and then deciding not to testify in open court. even if the allegation was true, you would get to walk out a free person with no evidence.

it was even written into the constitution that the accused has the right to face their accuser. so if the accuser doesnt show up, then the accusation goes away.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Trump says he doesn't think the FBI should prove into this whole accusation. That seems odd. Does he know that it might be proven to be true?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u..._medium=Social

As for victims not coming out sooner --- we have enough information out there to show that whether or not it is physical, sexual or verbal abuse -- the scars left are complex and victims struggle to come with terms to reveal their abuse. I can't believe folks haven't heard of this before. She was a young girl -- and she may have compartmentalized the incident and put it away.

You can have tons of papers, studies, discussions, cases on line of folks who choose to not share the information for years. They eventually can't live with it and share.

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
IF this accusation is allowed to stand and destroy Kavanauh the precedent set and the ramifications of said precedent will cause a negative ripple effect on men and relationships for decades. It would basically make a mockery of "innocent until PROVEN guilty" when it comes to sex abuse claims, but only when a female is the accuser...
We already KNOW that the "rules" are always different for the Democrats/Leftists.
If it wasn't for Double Standards, they would have NO Standards at all. It's always been then way.

Keith Ellison's accuser is both a minority and has VIDEO Tape of his abuse - not to mention another woman saying the same thing ........ Keith Ellison is running for AG in Michigan, is a US CongressCritter AND the co-chair of the DNC. She is also pretty upset that HER case is ignored by both the Democrats and the Leftist Lap Dog Media.

Part of the #MeToo Hysteria is that NOBODY is allowed to even question an accusation - We saw the Rolling Stone article about the Fake Gang Rape that they had to retract and other cases just like them -- at a MINIMUM - there has to be some sort of proof.

1. Witness
2. Evidence
3. Pattern (other victims)
4. Timing - (vague no location/date/month/season/year recollections) 36 years old when an Activist is involved for personal or Ideological GAIN.

Consider this -- IF the Democrats are able to stop the Nomination/Appointment of Judge Kavanaugh to the US Supreme Court ....... THEN they must bring Impeachment Charges against him to remove his from the 2nd Highest Court in the USA. After all - they can't possibly allow a Judge they believe (if they so vote) to be a Sexual predator/assaulter/rapist/killer to remain on the District Court of Appeals in Washington D.C.

The Democrats MUST start Impeachment proceedings immediately to remove a monster from the Bench.
Nothing else would make any sense at all.

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsCruisin View Post
That's easy to understand. What's hard for me to understand is why in the hell would ANY female wait 35 years to tell someone about a sexual assault.

It just makes it unbelievable... I don't care if you are Ms. Ford or Nicole Eggert.
Have you been reading this thread where she is being called everything but nice? Did you happen to see how Anita Hill was treated? Have you seen how just about any woman who comes forward is run through the wringer by people?

Do you really wonder why someone that has been assaulted may not want to have to deal with the added insults to go with dealing with being assaulted? Really?

Old 09-18-2018, 12:15 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you also have no clue...

Folks that have been through an SF86 investigation, is it comprehensive?

The same way they asked my why I bounced a check 30 years ago....they investigate me...I had to put my high school friends/same age friends that I ran with.... and the tons of other things...

ETA, you're right, it's only 127 pages...google SF86 and click on the OPM.GOV link (PDF file...fill it out and then tell us it's not comprehensive....
Exactly correct -- they also investigate your friends by interviewing their neighbors, they investigate bsy interviewing people you don't even list - i.e. belonged to any clubs? Find the members to check you out, played at sports or attend any church - Find members to check you out.

Not to mention the Deep Dive they do on any member of your family.

The Democrats want an Investigation -- I wonder how well Christine Blasey Ford and all her buddies will fare in an FBI Investigation. Should be interesting to find out.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:18 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Now you are just being intentionally obtuse. As you know very well, this is all about the Democrats playing the woman card against Kavanaugh with these uncorroborated charges.

Don't you dare lie and try to deny it.
I don't think you know the definition of "obtuse," but I can assure you I am doing nothing but considering the right of an accuser to be heard, just as Kavanaugh has the right to address the accusations, whether they be woman, man or martian!

Hello?

All such charges are generally uncorroborated when first made. That doesn't make them untrue, especially when it comes to charges of rape that can rarely be corroborated.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions, but I don't think anyone does the process any favors by suggesting politically driven motives when obviously this is a very serious political matter, regardless the facts. It is the facts that need be determined first-and-foremost, above all else, regardless whether you are for or against Kavanaugh, for or against women coming forward, for or against the Democrats or Republicans.

Please..., "dare to lie or try to deny it?" You've got some nerve pal. Have you got any decent cards in that half-deck of yours?

Old 09-18-2018, 12:19 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You can't find it? You don't remember? Something you "just" heard?!?

It would be nice if everyone would just refrain from posting what they (think they) "heard" unless they can also post a link, or at least name a specific source. And not just on this thread. I can just envision some talking head on TV speculating "let's say she calls her lawyer, she says Monday is not a good time for her, then where do we go?" and someone half-azz listening to it while making a sammich in the kitchen, and runs off to share the breaking news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies