Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 08:44 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

Actually, I would expect a logical person who wants Kavanaugh to say the opposite of what you just said.

If there's nothing there, it's been 30 years, no evidence, blah blah blah, than a formal investigation would only take a few days, maybe a week tops.

That way Kavanaugh would "OFFICIALLY" be cleared by the FBI of any wrongdoing, and the democrats would be left standing around with nothing...NOTHING to whine about and delay Kavanaugh's confirmation.

Does that not make sense?

No, it doesn't make any sense at all, once you remember that:
  1. The FBI has no jurisdiction over an alleged offense that is strictly a violation of state law only;
  2. The U. S. Senate has no authority to order the FBI to conduct its due diligence for them; and
  3. There isn't enough detail presented by the complainant to even begin an investigation in the first place.
Add to that the clear indication that the complainant never intended this complaint to be anything other than an anonymous "mailed-in" political smear job (as evidenced by her failure to appear for testimony before the Committee), and a truly logical person would conclude that there is no reason whatsoever for this nomination to wait another minute.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:45 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Hypothetical: IT NEVER HAPPENED. Catherine Ford is lying, this is all a political stunt to delay the Kavanaugh confirmation. (which is what a lot of Trump supporters believe)

A formal, unbiased, non-partisan investigation by the FBI is conducted. Catherine Ford, Brett Kavanaugh, Mark Judge, and others at the party are questioned by the FBI and nothing comes of it. There is no evidence and all the witnesses (outside of Ford of course) say there was no sexual assault. Since there isn't much there to begin with, the investigation takes 2 weeks at the most. The investigation is over.

A week later, the FBI releases a formal report that absolves Kavanaugh of any wrongdoing. Democrats look stupid and their efforts to delay the Kavanaugh confirmation get exposed, boosting GOP poll numbers for November and hurting Dems.

The investigation and formal report by the FBI only takes 2 weeks, still over 30 days before 11/6, so the vote to confirm Kavanaugh is not impacted at all by mid-terms at all.

Kavanaugh is formally absolved by an official investigation, democrats get dragged through the mud bigly, and GOP gets a yuge boost for November 6th while the "blue wave" dissipates.

How do the republicans not want this?

Old 09-20-2018, 08:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I am seeing them question whether or not it is true, but not dismiss it.

That is the relevant part.

Do people really not care in 2018 if they wind up with a rapist as a member of the SCOTUS?

I confess to being amazed that nobody cared about the Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas ordeal.

The part that gets me is the digging in of heels. There are dozens of qualified judges the POTUS could submit for SCOTUS nominees. If one has even a hint of impropriety, why keep on trying to confirm that judge?

It's slimy.
Me either. I believed Anita Hill. What professional woman would put themselves through that if it weren't true?

Answer: No one.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:47 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
More lies from the Democrat left smear machine. This time, Christina Miranda is publicly walking back her claim that the incident did happen and that she had heard about it in school. The revised story: "That it happened or not, I have no idea, I can't say that it did or didn't."

Quote:
Kavanaugh Accuser Classmate: 'That It Happened Or Not, I Have No Idea'

A former classmate of Christine Blasey Ford tells NPR that she does not know if an alleged sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh took place as she first suggested on social media.

"That it happened or not, I have no idea," Cristina King Miranda told NPR's Nina Totenberg. "I can't say that it did or didn't." That's different from what Miranda wrote Wednesday in a now deleted facebook post that stated definitively, "The incident DID happen, many of us heard about it in school."
How many outright lies and how many smear campaigns have there been by the Democrats just during this confirmation process alone? I have honestly lost count.

They do this all the time and have been doing it for decades. These people and their associates in the media are the lowest form of slime and cannot be trusted at all.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:47 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
What is more important to City-Data Trump voters:

1. making sure the American people get ALL of the evidence in a sexual assault allegation by having the FBI conduct a formal investigation, even if it means holding off on confirming Kavanaugh for 2-3 weeks?

or

2. Pushing Kavanaugh through as fast as possible, before mid-terms, even if it means the only information we get from the sexual assault case are Kavanaugh's testimony vs Ford's testimony, without hearing from Mark Judge, a friend who was in the room that day (Republicans have already said they will NOT call Judge to testify before their committee)

Any Trump supporters have the guts to openly admit they're more worried about getting a conservative judge confirmed than they are worried about hearing all the facts of his alleged sexual assault?

I don't care about this woman or her allegations. Her time to say anything was right after it happened. She should not be permitted to prevent our nominee to get his EARNED position on the court.

Old 09-20-2018, 08:49 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Hypothetical: IT NEVER HAPPENED. Catherine Ford is lying, this is all a political stunt to delay the Kavanaugh confirmation. (which is what a lot of Trump supporters believe)

A formal, unbiased, non-partisan investigation by the FBI is conducted. Catherine Ford, Brett Kavanaugh, Mark Judge, and others at the party are questioned by the FBI and nothing comes of it. There is no evidence and all the witnesses (outside of Ford of course) say there was no sexual assault. Since there isn't much there to begin with, the investigation takes 2 weeks at the most. The investigation is over.

A week later, the FBI releases a formal report that absolves Kavanaugh of any wrongdoing. Democrats look stupid and their efforts to delay the Kavanaugh confirmation get exposed, boosting GOP poll numbers for November and hurting Dems.

The investigation and formal report by the FBI only takes 2 weeks, still over 30 days before 11/6, so the vote to confirm Kavanaugh is not impacted at all by mid-terms at all.

Kavanaugh is formally absolved by an official investigation, democrats get dragged through the mud bigly, and GOP gets a yuge boost for November 6th while the "blue wave" dissipates.

Because she has to be able to tell when it happened, where it happened, how many were there, and why are the her doctors notes wrong, to start the investigation....

Again, bring that to ANY judge and you'll get laughed out of court, period....

Ma'am, your were sexually assaulted, yes judge.

Where: Cannot remember.

Judge: Well when?

Sorry cannot remember that either.

How many boys?

Nope, cannot remember that either, and BTW the notes that my doctor took are wrong..

Judge: get the hell out of my court....

Old 09-20-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:

I think it's interesting that one person is BEGGING for an FBI investigation and the other person is not.

If Ford were lying - why would she ask the FBI to investigate?

Old 09-20-2018, 08:51 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Kavanaugh Accuser Classmate: 'That It Happened Or Not, I Have No Idea'

A former classmate of Christine Blasey Ford tells NPR that she does not know if an alleged sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh took place as she first suggested on social media.

"That it happened or not, I have no idea," Cristina King Miranda told NPR's Nina Totenberg. "I can't say that it did or didn't." That's different from what Miranda wrote Wednesday in a now deleted facebook post that stated definitively, "The incident DID happen, many of us heard about it in school."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
More lies from the Democrat left smear machine. This time, Christina Miranda is publicly walking back her claim that the incident did happen and that she had heard about it in school. The revised story: "That it happened or not, I have no idea, I can't say that it did or didn't."

How many outright lies and how many smear campaigns have there been by the Democrats just during this confirmation process alone? I have honestly lost count.

They do this all the time and have been doing it for decades. These people and their associates in the media are the lowest form of slime and cannot be trusted at all.

But but but but but but......................................

Old 09-20-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Because she has to be able to tell when it happened, where it happened, how many were there, and why are the her doctors notes wrong, to start the investigation....

Again, bring that to ANY judge and you'll get laughed out of court, period....

Ma'am, your were sexually assaulted, yes judge.

Where: Cannot remember.

Judge: Well when?

Sorry cannot remember that either.

How many boys?

Nope, cannot remember that either, and BTW the notes that my doctor took are wrong..

Judge: get the hell out of my court....
How many times must it be explained to you that a job interview is NOT a court of law? What about that do you fail to understand?

Old 09-20-2018, 08:52 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
What is more important to City-Data Trump voters:

1. making sure the American people get ALL of the evidence in a sexual assault allegation by having the FBI conduct a formal investigation, even if it means holding off on confirming Kavanaugh for 2-3 weeks?

or

2. Pushing Kavanaugh through as fast as possible, before mid-terms, even if it means the only information we get from the sexual assault case are Kavanaugh's testimony vs Ford's testimony, without hearing from Mark Judge, a friend who was in the room that day (Republicans have already said they will NOT call Judge to testify before their committee)

Any Trump supporters have the guts to openly admit they're more worried about getting a conservative judge confirmed than they are worried about hearing all the facts of his alleged sexual assault?
Oh sure, then let's see what the next unsubstantiated charge against him will be in order to postpone the vote a few more weeks and months. Maybe someone will come out of the closet and accuse him of working for the KGB when he was a teenager or he plagiarized some papers while in college. The list is endless. Like some have already said, if this was so important and the dems wanted to get to the bottom of it, they could have come out weeks ago with that letter, but no, they held on to it so it would have the most impact. That tells the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies