Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 11:59 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm seeing an awful lot of posters (not all) in this thread projecting their own experiences onto the current situation. Just because you were sexually assaulted doesn't mean Kavanaugh sexually assaulted anyone. Projection is a psychologically inferior way to deal with your issues. Perhaps some of you need to work harder on reconciling your unresolved issues.
I do not know if Kavanaugh sexually assaulted anyone. I believe Ford's story to be fishy and the fact she remembers so little as to WHERE or WHEN is a major issue. The other story is ridiculous. She was willingly playing drinking games where the point is to get as messed up as humanely possible. She said she was laying down, hazy and slurring during the incident. If someone pulls their pants down during a game of Truth and Dare after being dared does that count as sexual abuse? All the parties witnessing are willingly partaking in the game. *I do not know that Kavanaugh ever did pull his pants down*
I am pro choice and would rather a pro lifer not get the seat. However, these allegations seem so broad and conveniently so little detail that neither party will ever prove it true/false.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:01 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Does Kavanaugh still drink excessively? That might be worthy of investigating given he is seeking a seat on the Supreme Court. I would prefer not to have a heavy drinker as a justice.

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Maybe it should be, but I have a seventeen-year-old son sitting across from me every morning at breakfast, looking to me for explanation and guidance as this story develops, so that's what has been on my mind. When he asked me this morning why and how the insulting reference to Renate Dolphin made it into the Georgetown Prep yearbook, I did not have a good answer for him, and that left me very sad but also heartened that he recognizes how wrong it was. He's a fine young man, and I'm proud of him.
It seems clear the yearbook advisor didn't get their silly inside joke. What's so hard to explain about that?

Honestly, when I saw the name Renate before I read the article, I didn't recognize it as a girls name. I would have taken it as some latin word I didn't know and breezed past it.

I also think there is nothing to explain unless we know the full context of the inside joke which we don't.

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I honestly think he had no idea what he was doing. He initially tried to kiss me and I said "No" he then basically mounted me and did what I described. I was pushing and kicking. I think he was just so drunk and he saw me (an able body) and he wanted what he wanted. It was scary. Again, because I am admittedly a small framed person but always thought I could handle my own. In that minute (or 30 seconds) I really had no control. He could have raped me if he wanted to that is how little control I had. I literally got lucky with my leg kick and got him in the right spot and sprung up kicked him again and ran.

If I remember correctly Jeter took it in stride and just turned around and smirked at me. Now this was 20 years ago.. if it were today, he may have had me arrested
I'm sorry what happened to you. Being drunk does not mean asking to be sexually attacked. I'm glad you got away and were safe.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:02 PM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Really? This had a been a good discussion with varying points of view being shared mostly respectfully, and now we have to have this crap shoe-horned into the thread?
If the shoe fits... I'm seeing a LOT of that behavior going on here. Projection due to continuing unresolved issues.

Remember, the standard of justice in the US is innocent until proven guilty, and so far zero evidence proving Kavanaugh's guilt has been presented. But so many posters have jumped right to guilty as alleged, lack of evidence be damned.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:02 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I dont get the local indiana paper but i must say at least it wasnt distasteful

Old 09-25-2018, 12:04 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Hmm.

Mash123: I think that Ford has no evidence and we cannot ruin a great career because she said so.

Libs and feminists: Mash123 hates women He hurts our feewwwwweengs, reeeee!

I did not reply to anything resembling the bolded, nor did I mention you. This post is meaningless as are all that use this dumb tactic of making up responses and then pretending someone's reply is related to the made up nonsense.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:05 PM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If the shoe fits... I'm seeing a LOT of that behavior going on here. Projection due to continuing unresolved issues.

Remember, the standard of justice in the US is innocent until proven guilty, and so far zero evidence proving Kavanaugh's guilt has been presented. But so many posters have jumped right to guilty as alleged, lack of evidence be damned.

I was watching a talking head political show last night and the left-wing nut job guest said she was perfectly happy to live in a country where one is guilty until proven innocent.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:07 PM

89,028 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
I was watching a talking head political show last night and the left-wing nut job guest said she was perfectly happy to live in a country where one is guilty until proven innocent.
Back to the dark ages, we go. Same model as the Spanish Inquisition, presumed guilty. Simply horrifying.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:08 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Does Kavanaugh still drink excessively? That might be worthy of investigating given he is seeking a seat on the Supreme Court. I would prefer not to have a heavy drinker as a justice.

6 FBI background checks and everybody that knows him personally say otherwise......another smear campaign by the left.

unless you have school records stating he was counseled for his drinking, arrest, DUI or he has been fired from a job for drinking,,,,,where are you getting your info?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies