Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 09:47 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
This isn't about a Federal crime. The FBI isn't supposed to inject themselves into this.
Kind of looks like it is to me.

2. Attempt under 18 U.S.C. § 2241(a)
Another key issue involves the difference between attempted aggravated sexual
abuse and sexual contact. Where the defendant had the intent to cause another person to
engage in a sexual act by use of force, and has taken a substantial step to do so
, he can be
convicted of attempted aggravated sexual abuse. See United States v. Crowley, 318 F.3d 401,
408-09 (2d Cir. 2003) (finding sufficient evidence to support a conviction for attempted
aggravated sexual abuse where the victim testified that the defendant “placed his hand on
her vagina and tried to insert his finger, but was prevented by her physical resistance,” and
that “all of the sexual contact that [the defendant] did accomplish . . . was committed,
according to the victim’s testimony, over her express verbal objection and against her
physical resistance, by means of physical force”).
https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/f...ense_Abuse.pdf

Old 09-22-2018, 09:57 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,552,885 times
When this charade is over, and Judge Kavanaugh is sworn in, there should be serious legal consequences for this "Dr." Ford and her cronies.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:01 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I didn't realize that you are an FBI investigator and have already completed the investigation.

There is a reason the victim requests an FBI investigation. Perhaps she knows that it is a crime to lie to the FBI. Perhaps she knows there are witnesses who will only speak if they are forced to.

One would think that Kavanaugh would welcome an FBI investigation if the results were such as your's.
The reason for the FBI investigation request is so that the still unearthed deep state FBI agents can get ahold of the investigation and delay, delay, delay for the benefit of the Democratic party. If you don't realize by now that Ford is being wholly supported by the DNC and its ilk, you haven't been paying enough attention.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:02 AM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Kavanaugh has had 6 FBI background checks. I doubt he is afraid of another one, even though this issue is not in their jurisdiction as it is not a Federal Crime.
Six F.B.I. background checks sounds sufficient to me.

Especially when we look at the motive behind the current allegation. This is a Senate issue for one thing, set up by Dianne Feinstein, who sat on the allegation since July, so that's two months.

What is the purpose of this allegation? It's basically a 161st term abortion is what it is. It's their final attempt to protect a Roe vs Wade decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
When this charade is over, and Judge Kavanaugh is sworn in, there should be serious legal consequences for this "Dr." Ford and her cronies.
Perhaps, I hope they save the judgement for Dianne Feinstein and all those "we believe her" blind mice squeaking around.

Quote:
I agree. It is about abortion. It is very telling that Ford's attorney is caught on video claiming she is part of the resistance. Looks like Feinstein is as well.

I think that the Republicans do more harm offending the base. Trump promised Kavanaugh and they need to deliver.

The Democrats threatening to impeach Kavanaugh if he gets put on the court is bogus. They need a 2/3 majority, which they won't get. Bluster, bluster.
Also, Ford's legal team is at least partly if not completely funded by George Soros and their request to have Kavanaugh speak first is a ridiculous request and precedent.

It's like the pitcher waiting for the batter to swing before they throw the pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Just for the record, those six FBI background checks on Kavanaugh only went back to age 18. He was 17 at the age of the supposed event that Ms. Ford is talking about.
Yeah, point being, 6 is enough, cupcake. These folks dig up stuff from kindergarten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And you, no doubt, will be the first to wonder why women don't come forward.

I wonder - did you believe the men who came forward 30-40 years later to accuse a priest?
Brett Kavanaugh is not a Catholic priest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
For telling the truth? Sounds like something Putin would do. Is the USA turning into Putin's America, with the full support of the cult.
Stormy Putin.

Quote:
A woman raped can rarely prove her allegations. It's her word against his.

That's just the way it is.

Not to mention, the President, the VP, and members of the Republican party have made it quite clear they don't care what this woman has to say - they don't believe her.

So why should she bother?

Let them hold a vote on Monday. They will not have the votes without red state Democrats and, at this juncture, they will vote NO.
A rape conviction should at least include the act of rape. Was someone raped here? Seriously.

Not only are you folks swinging wildly into the tenth inning of an empty ballpark, but you're standing way way over your skis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What a stupid statement that has to be. Man or woman, anyone who votes based on sex alone is the one that is lacking in dignity. If the shoe fits wear it!!!!!!!!!!
Besides this, Believe the Women, MeToo etc. means nothing in a court of law.

There's no gene that links males to being liars nor females to being truth-tellers.

Seriously.

I know some of you will balk at and refute that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
nope even the left are getting a little impatient with Ms Ford. What about the liberal lawyer who said last night, don't give her anymore time after today and make sure she testifies before he does? Or are your ears to closed to hear that part of the latest debate? We all would like to know what really happened, but those of us who use our brain, pretty much know we will never know. It will always be a he said/she said debate and no one is going to prove the other wrong. While this is continuing, a middle aged woman is trying to ruin a middle aged man and in the process is going to ruin her life as well. What a waste about something that may or may not have happened almost 4 decades ago and we are not talking murder here. We are talking something that would barely be called sexually assault.
This.

What do you expect the Democrats to do? They got nothing.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-22-2018 at 11:26 AM..

Old 09-22-2018, 10:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:

I wonder - did you believe the men who came forward 30-40 years later to accuse a priest?

Old 09-22-2018, 10:11 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Kind of looks like it is to me.

2. Attempt under 18 U.S.C. § 2241(a)
Another key issue involves the difference between attempted aggravated sexual
abuse and sexual contact. Where the defendant had the intent to cause another person to
engage in a sexual act by use of force, and has taken a substantial step to do so
, he can be
convicted of attempted aggravated sexual abuse. See United States v. Crowley, 318 F.3d 401,
408-09 (2d Cir. 2003) (finding sufficient evidence to support a conviction for attempted
aggravated sexual abuse where the victim testified that the defendant “placed his hand on
her vagina and tried to insert his finger, but was prevented by her physical resistance,” and
that “all of the sexual contact that [the defendant] did accomplish . . . was committed,
according to the victim’s testimony, over her express verbal objection and against her
physical resistance, by means of physical force”).
https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/f...ense_Abuse.pdf
State issues...

Old 09-22-2018, 10:13 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Especially when we look at the motive behind the current allegation. This is a Senate issue for one thing, set up by Dianne Feinstein, who sat on the allegation since July, so that's two months.

What is the purpose of this allegation? It's basically a 161st term abortion is what it is. It's their final attempt to protect a Roe vs Wade decision.

Perhaps, I hope they save the judgement for Dianne Feinstein and all those "we believe her" blind mice squeaking around.

Just for the record, those six FBI background checks on Kavanaugh only went back to age 18. He was 17 at the age of the supposed event that Ms. Ford is talking about.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:13 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,089,978 times
Quote:

You forgot to add "if there were only one man many years later". At least this time the accuser is the same age as the accused - another major difference.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:14 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,497,010 times
Quote:
For telling the truth? Sounds like something Putin would do. Is the USA turning into Putin's America, with the full support of the cult.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:14 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

I agree. It is about abortion. It is very telling that Ford's attorney is caught on video claiming she is part of the resistance. Looks like Feinstein is as well.

I think that the Republicans do more harm offending the base. Trump promised Kavanaugh and they need to deliver.

The Democrats threatening to impeach Kavanaugh if he gets put on the court is bogus. They need a 2/3 majority, which they won't get. Bluster, bluster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies